Speculation: San Jose scouting Chicago

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
So in other words no one relevant sans Mr. Bad Attitude? Sharks universally have one of the worst farm systems out there for good reason.

And yet they always seem to churn out a solid amount of middling NHLers and the occasional star.

Someone should tell the prospects sub how Elite the Sharks farm is they have elite AHL players and CHL players producing in their draft +2 season. Truly an elite group of guys who totally arent just stat padding playing against younger players 3-4 years younger than them.

Jesus, somebody is seriously salty. Corey Pronman ranked San Jose’s prospect pool 17th and Chicago’s prospect pool 14th, hardly a significant difference, but I guess you have to hang your head on that when the teams are 20 spots apart in the league standings.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm going to send Doug Wilson a stool sample if Cam Ward is his big goalie acquisition.

Reactions: SharksAddict

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So two overagers in their draft +2 seasons one of which is already being 20 and not even in the AHL are better than Beaudin, Barratt, Kurashev, Mitchell, Nordgren, Kayumov? LMAO

Also Hagel is getting a lot of pts at age 20 in the OHL I guess that means he is by default better than Chekohovich and on par with Chmelevski:popcorn:

You really don’t know the definition of “overage”, do you.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Kunitz knows how to do the Heimlich maneuver, that alone makes him extremely valuable for the Sharks when they reach their playoff form.

Now that was funny! A page up a Shark fan poster notes how Wilson always drafts well, team always loaded with prospects. Which i guess is more important than actually winning anything. The most valuable thing to ever be on San Jose ice are Duncan Keith's teeth.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Now that was funny! A page up a Shark fan poster notes how Wilson always drafts well, team always loaded with prospects. Which i guess is more important than actually winning anything. The most valuable thing to ever be on San Jose ice are Duncan Keith's teeth.
That was in Chicago. You don't even know your own teams history. No need to butcher ours.

Reactions: PackShark

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Don't see a fit for Saad cap wise in SJS. Calling him a 35 point player is asinine though. Outside of last year when his team sucked (even Toews and Kane had bad years) and he shot 4% below his normal shooting percentage, He's been a pretty consistent 45-55 point player. He's a pretty damn solid possession player, and he's producing at a 50 point pace this year despite the lowest percentage of offensive zone starts in his career. Really the only time Saad's produced poorly was the last half of last season. He's been pretty consistent over time outside of that.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
For the past month Toews, Caggiula, Kane. Strome, Kahun, D-Cat are the top 2 lines. Saad plays with Anisemov and winger du-jour.

These are lies here are some bs numbers that argue against what hawks fans have you know actually watched. Because spreadsheets never lie.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Anisimov would probably rebound next to Hertl and Kane. I think he offers the same elements as Donskoi, but plays a more opportunistic game around the crease. I think with those other two doing the heavy lifting, he could really shine.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
So two overagers in their draft +2 seasons one of which is already being 20 and not even in the AHL are better than Beaudin, Barratt, Kurashev, Mitchell, Nordgren, Kayumov? LMAO

Also Hagel is getting a lot of pts at age 20 in the OHL I guess that means he is by default better than Chekohovich and on par with Chmelevski:popcorn:
Yup. Definitely not a good player. Just stat padding. Not like Pronman, Custance, and Friedman have all have good things to say about him.

Friedman just said this the other day.

Someone is going to ask San Jose about Sasha Chmelevski, who scored five goals on Monday for OHL Ottawa in a 6–3 win over North Bay. The Sharks are going to say no. Chmelevski fell to the sixth round in the 2018 draft, and teams are already regretting it.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Third line minutes? He’s been in the top six with one of Toews or Kane for the most part. He’s averaged over 17 minutes a night which is second line ice time.

Not true, since Colliton changed the lines after the Caggiula trade he has been third line.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Kahun-Strome-DeBrincat
Saad-Anisimov-flavour of the day

He does play second unit PP and some PK.

Still has 20+ goals and 35+ points.

Personally I keep him unless there is a significant overpay.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Anisimov would probably rebound next to Hertl and Kane. I think he offers the same elements as Donskoi, but plays a
more opportunistic game around the
crease. I think with those other two
doing the heavy lifting, he could
really shine.

Anisimov is a solid 2 way player. Nothing fancy but goes to areas where you need to be.
Only thing is cap hit $4.55, not ideal for your team I believe with the Rfa and Ufa on the roster.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Sharks fans what's your opinion on Joonas Donskoi?
Any chance he hits free agency and what do you think of him as a player?

Yeah he could be a cap casualty(a ton rides on Karlsson’s decision) and make it to FA. He is a really skilled but inconsistent player. When he’s on he’s easily first line caliber, but when he’s off he’s a skilled third liner. He is an all rounder, solid defensively, good at possession, can shoot or pass, and has great dangles.

If he gets to FA he will make a team happy for signing him, as long as it’s not a severe overpay, which I doubt he gets based on his career numbers up to now.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Sharks fans what's your opinion on Joonas Donskoi?
Any chance he hits free agency and what do you think of him as a player?

Decently talented player with good speed, good passing skills. Extremely streaky player that looks awesome for a week, then can disappear for weeks on end.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
Gonna be Pavelski, Francis Perron and a 2019 2nd for Towes. Sharks like to fire at big guns, surprises. Pavelski is from the area, and can also be re-traded by the deadline. Sharks get the center replacement they missed out with JT.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Gonna be Pavelski, Francis Perron and a 2019 2nd for Towes. Sharks like to fire at big guns, surprises. Pavelski is from the area, and can also be re-traded by the deadline. Sharks get the center replacement they missed out with JT.
That's hilarious if you think Toews would waive to go to San Jose. Even if Toews didn't have a NMC, the value is way off and Stan would hang up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad