Speculation: San Jose scouting Chicago

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
at this time there will be some surprises...... good luck SB and bring home a winner.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Merkley, Ch-twins, Gambrell, Roy, Blichfield, Middleton, Suomela, Perron, Chartier, True, Letenov, DeSimone, Korenar, Bibeau

You made up half those people.

I genuinely don’t care about other teams’ fans not knowing about Sharks prospects. Every year some late round pick or undrafted free agent busts on the scene to make an impact. Never fails. The Sharks keep trucking year after year despite predictions for the last decade that they’re lottery-bound in no small part due to the fact that no one knows our prospects.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You honestly think Norris and Balcers were our best prospects? A’right then.

God, I love how this narrative was written that Balcers and Norris were our best prospects. I guess Pierre Dorion’s propaganda machine sure is effective, since the narrative has caught on around the league.

Balcers and Norris were respectively ranked as our 2nd and 4th best prospects by HFSharks before we traded them. And I would wager that if we re-did that poll, they would both get passed by at least one of Sasha Chmelevski and Ivan Chekhovich. Those were solid B prospects that we have plenty of. Losing them was not a big deal.

San Jose would not be interested in Saad because he makes $6M for two more years after this one and they are way too cap strapped to spend $6M on a guy who would play on their 3rd line. (Although he would be a great fit there.) If they were interested in Saad, a lack of assets are not what would stop the deal from happening.

The interest is likely in Marcus Kruger if anybody. It’s also very possible that San Jose is just scouting them for the games that they play against them, or that they are scouting another inconsequential player that has slipped our minds.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If you dont know who you want by now and still have to scout, then you probably have been doing your job wrong the last 2 months.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Merkley, Ch-twins, Gambrell, Roy, Blichfield, Middleton, Suomela, Perron, Chartier, True, Letenov, DeSimone, Korenar, Bibeau
You're listing a lot of guys that aren't going to be impact players.

I've seen a bit of Chmelevski and liked what I saw.

Merkley is a bust though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You're listing a lot of guys that aren't going to be impact players.

I've seen a bit of Chmelevski and liked what I saw.

Merkley is a bust though.
Merkley was drafted last year.... if that’s the case Boqvist is a bust. Same with Jokiharju, Mitchell, and Beaudin.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Doug Wilson traded for Erik ****ing Karlsson without giving up either of our 2 best prospects. I promise you that if he were interested in acquiring a $6M winger with 37 points who scored 35 points last year, he could make it happen.
Not if Stan Bowman is the opposing GM.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Merkley was drafted last year.... if that’s the case Boqvist is a bust. Same with Jokiharju, Mitchell, and Beaudin.
You're comparing apples to oranges.

Merkley is bad. Low IQ, can't play defense, bad temper. He'll never make it out of the AHL.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You're comparing apples to oranges.

Merkley is bad. Low IQ, can't play defense, bad temper. He'll never make it out of the AHL.
And I could say the same about every single one of your prospects. Just because some one spouts shit doesn’t mean it’s more than shit.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
And I could say the same about every single one of your prospects. Just because some one spouts **** doesn’t mean it’s more than ****.
None of Boqvist, Beaudin, Mitchell, or Jokiharju have the issues that Merkley has.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
None of Boqvist, Beaudin, Mitchell, or Jokiharju have the issues that Merkley has.
Please tell me why Merkley was one of the last cuts in training camp (and was very close to making the opening day roster) despite all his “issues” as you so claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad