Speculation: San Jose scouting Chicago

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
interesting, chicago and san jose have a history of smaller deals together

not sure its a larger piece or contract deal since chicago will be looking to offload salary and dont think san jose is looking to take on salary with term

bet its something stupid like a bottom line grinder like kruger, kunitz, or hayden for a late pick

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
He played a lot of top 6 in the first half of the year, but the latter half he's been commanding the third line. Probably stays there the remainder of the season.

Wouldn’t Bowman want to rid himself of a 6M third line player? Seems like he could find a cheaper option, considering Saad wouldn’t put up 50 points playing with bottom sixers all season.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Wouldn’t Bowman want to rid himself of a 6M third line player? Seems like he could find a cheaper option, considering Saad wouldn’t put up 50 points playing with bottom sixers all season.
Sure but it's not imperative. We've got quite a bit of cap space.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

LOL

saad has 8 goals in his last 17 games playing with that "third line" of anisimov and kahun lately

thats 38 goal per 82 game pace. he's fine and his contract is far from the major issue it seemed to be when he was slumping when Q was line blendering, running a crap power play, and not working with players (he's notorious for not being a very good communicator or teacher)

hes on pace for 48 pts and 27 goals this year, which is makes him slightly overpaid in the range of 500k-$1 mil, but thats it if he winds up between 25-30 goals again

and BTW, since Q got fired, Saad has 15 goals, 12 assists in 42 games which puts him at 52 pt and 29 goal pace per 82 games.

he's fine and his contract is fine. no need to unload hm unless we have a good hockey trade to make or are blown away

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
LOL

saad has 8 goals in his last 17 games playing with that "third line" of anisimov and kahun lately

thats 38 goal per 82 game pace. he's fine and his contract is far from the major issue it seemed to be when he was slumping when Q was line blendering, running a crap power play, and not working with players (he's notorious for not being a very good communicator or teacher)

hes on pace for 48 pts and 27 goals this year, which is makes him slightly overpaid in the range of 500k-$1 mil, but thats it if he winds up between 25-30 goals again

and BTW, since Q got fired, Saad has 15 goals, 12 assists in 42 games which puts him at 52 pt and 29 goal pace per 82 games.

he's fine and his contract is fine. no need to unload hm unless we have a good hockey trade to make or are blown away

Okay, fine, we all want Saad. Sorry for saying we didn’t. Didn’t realize it was so important to you.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Okay, fine, we all want Saad. Sorry for saying we didn’t. Didn’t realize it was so important to you.

i didnt say you did. you're the one who inferred Bowman would want to rid himself of a $6 mil third line player. would it matter what line he plays on if he scores 29 goals and 52 pts? No

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kruger or Caggiula are the only possibilities I'd think and neither really appeals to me.

Anisimov and Saad aren't options due to having term.
Hey man, I'm just reporting on what I've seen. The Sharks clearly have their eye on someone.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Honest question, what futures? You have no good prospects and no 1st round pick this year.

Honest question, who would the Sharks be scouting? You have no good players on reasonable contracts.

It’s cute that you think it would take 1st round picks or good prospects to get Saad.

Reactions: Gecklund

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Honest question, what futures? You have no good prospects and no 1st round pick this year.

Doug Wilson traded for Erik f***ing Karlsson without giving up either of our 2 best prospects. I promise you that if he were interested in acquiring a $6M winger with 37 points who scored 35 points last year, he could make it happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad