Speculation: San Jose scouting Chicago

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You guys are hyping up a lot of guys that aren't going to much. It's a little sad.

I can’t say for certain what these guys will end up as, but I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that some combination of them will get traded for a more affordable player who fits our needs better than Saad. That’s what matters to the thread and there’s no point turning this thread into a childish pissing match.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
LOL

saad has 8 goals in his last 17 games playing with that "third line" of anisimov and kahun lately

thats 38 goal per 82 game pace. he's fine and his contract is far from the major issue it seemed to be when he was slumping when Q was line blendering, running a crap power play, and not working with players (he's notorious for not being a very good communicator or teacher)

hes on pace for 48 pts and 27 goals this year, which is makes him slightly overpaid in the range of 500k-$1 mil, but thats it if he winds up between 25-30 goals again

and BTW, since Q got fired, Saad has 15 goals, 12 assists in 42 games which puts him at 52 pt and 29 goal pace per 82 games.

he's fine and his contract is fine. no need to unload hm unless we have a good hockey trade to make or are blown away
2 months ago Saad was just a cap dump

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I can’t say for certain what these guys will end up as, but I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that some combination of them will get traded for a more affordable player who fits our needs better than Saad.
That's fine. I've never said the Sharks would look to acquire Saad. I think Kruger is their target.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Merkley, Ch-twins, Gambrell, Roy, Blichfield, Middleton, Suomela, Perron, Chartier, True, Letenov, DeSimone, Korenar, Bibeau

So in other words no one relevant sans Mr. Bad Attitude? Sharks universally have one of the worst farm systems out there for good reason.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Chmelevski and Chekhovich are honestly better prospects than anyone Chicago has sans Boqvist and Beaudin(arguable)

So two overagers in their draft +2 seasons one of which is already being 20 and not even in the AHL are better than Beaudin, Barratt, Kurashev, Mitchell, Nordgren, Kayumov? LMAO

Also Hagel is getting a lot of pts at age 20 in the OHL I guess that means he is by default better than Chekohovich and on par with Chmelevski:popcorn:

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Someone should tell the prospects sub how Elite the Sharks farm is they have elite AHL players and CHL players producing in their draft +2 season. Truly an elite group of guys who totally arent just stat padding playing against younger players 3-4 years younger than them.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
So two overagers in their draft +2 seasons one of which is already being 20 and not even in the AHL are better than Beaudin, Barratt, Kurashev, Mitchell, Nordgren, Kayumov? LMAO

Also Hagel is getting a lot of pts at age 20 in the OHL I guess that means he is by default better than Chekohovich and on par with Chmelevski:popcorn:
One kid leading the Q in scoring, who also posted well above PPG in limited AHL time.

Another kid who was one of if not the biggest standout from the WJC.

If you wanted to say Blichfield is an overager racking up somewhat irrelevant points, I understand. But the other two guys are legit top prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad