Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
One injury and we've predictably jumped on the bandwagon that the toughest enforcer in the league still isn't tough enough for us.

There's a sign that you're looking for something that doesn't exist.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
One injury and we've predictably jumped on the bandwagon that the toughest enforcer in the league still isn't tough enough for us.

Personally I liked what he brought... effort, physicality and some skill.

I could care less about his fighting honestly.

But nearly EVERY player on this squad could learn something about intensity from Blais.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Personally I liked what he brought... effort, physicality and some skill.

I could care less about his fighting honestly.

But nearly EVERY player on this squad could learn something about intensity from Blais.
Yes, but a lot of people are just looking for players they don't like to get beat up. Maybe there was a time where that happened (although in a 2-2 game, I have my doubts) but it doesn't anymore.

Reactions: Riche16

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I mean, no offense, I know we can crap on Krav (and some of it is definitely justified), but Barron has done everything this organization has asked as far as going down and proving you deserve a shot and we still choose that black hole mckegg. You can almost understand where Krav was coming from. This is ridiculous.
If you are calling McKegg up to play, it's dumb. If you are calling McKegg up to run drills in practice and sit unless someone goes down with COVID last minute, I think it's better than having Barron sit.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
If you are calling McKegg up to play, it's dumb. If you are calling McKegg up to run drills in practice and sit unless someone goes down with COVID last minute, I think it's better than having Barron sit.
I hope that’s the plan

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey

He's more than tough enough, but in typical Ranger fashion he is not being used judiciously. No way Subban should've been allowed to skate around comfortably after the pre season incident and his similar conduct against the rest of the league in the 30 days or so since. Soft on Reaves, Gallant and Drury. 8 months of ACL rehab is not fun. Subban doesn't care. Do we?

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone got better track than me on what the recovery time for a pro athlete is with a torn ACL these days?

6-9 months is some kind of standard rate that I've seen over the years. At 6 months you get to mid-may which still would make some PO action possible, but maybe that is not realistic.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Maybe not, but def opens the door for perception of a easy to take advantage of "the appearance" of a weak orgaanization, in which this org. is not.

But there are any number of stop points along the road to that destination. If the cry is "slippery slope!" then at least acknowledge that the slope is a gradual one, not a cliff, and the organization has brakes that it can apply at any time. Ie, the next player who does it who is not Vitaly Kravtsov could have the line drawn in the sand.

The time to draw that line in the sand is not when you've bled away two other prime assets and are kinda desperate for high end winger talent. Bend your rules, secure your assets, hell, maybe keep the whole thing quiet and trade him while he's placated on the active roster if you want, but don't get nothing out of it. If Zach Jones starts whining too then you can re-evaluate.

But in all likelihood, actually, Zach Jones is not gonna act out because he's not a baby like Kravtsov is. Because one person acting bad doesn't actually make other strong-character people act bad.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
But there are any number of stop points along the road to that destination. If the cry is "slippery slope!" then at least acknowledge that the slope is a gradual one, not a cliff, and the organization has brakes that it can apply at any time. Ie, the next player who does it who is not Vitaly Kravtsov could have the line drawn in the sand.

The time to draw that line in the sand is not when you've bled away two other prime assets and are kinda desperate for high end winger talent. Bend your rules, secure your assets, hell, maybe keep the whole thing quiet and trade him while he's placated on the active roster if you want, but don't get nothing out of it. If Zach Jones starts whining too then you can re-evaluate.

But in all likelihood, actually, Zach Jones is not gonna act out because he's not a baby like Kravtsov is. Because one person acting bad doesn't actually make other strong-character people act bad.
I really like your response and you are quite right in your evaluation. It's just a shame, that it even has come to this. One would think (Coming from a fan,) that your organization would protect their assets, for the common goal of getting him on the ice as a Ranger, or indeed eventually trading him. Really poor asset Management.
I am sure though, that I am regurgitating the thoughts of everyone here.

Reactions: mas0764

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Meanwhile DOPS is having a hearing with Kevin Labanc of the Sharks for slewfooting Tyler Bozak on a play where they both were falling and had their legs tangled up—something that looks like it might really have been an accident.

The NHL and its DOPS I’m thinking still bearing a grudge against the Rangers or maybe more specifically Jimmy Dolan for calling them out last year and asking for George Parros’s s head on Tom Wilson.

P.K. meanwhile can try to wreck someone else’s career. The silver lining for us is that we don’t play the Devils again until March and at the rate P.K. is going at he should have at least a dozen more victims by then. Note P. K. was warned (not fined or suspended) on Reaves, fined on both Lucic and Zegras, nothing at all on Blais.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad