Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
So sad and I'm still bummed out for him. Such an important year in his career. He looked good early on ... and then such a horrible injury.

Idc about it, but we can re-sign rather cheap now. 1y/1.5m-2m prove it contract.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Well if it took this long for the swelling to go down and then do the surgery, his rehab could take 2 years.
I was going to reply the following: I think it's standard to wait a week or two to get the surgery after the swelling to go down. They're so much better at it now then they were just 10 years ago.

Then I realized he hurt himself a month to this day. That is a significant time for the swelling to go down, especially considering the underlined (including meds and such).

Last edited:

zukeisgone

Jan 17, 2019
I was going to reply the following: I think it's standard to wait a week or two to get the surgery and swelling to go down. They're so much better at it now then they were just 10 years ago.

Then I realized he hurt himself a month to this day. That is a significant time for the swelling to go down, especially considering the underlined (including meds and such).

Wonder if surgery delayed due to COVID and hospital shortage?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Again, in soccer which one might say is plagued with ACL injuries, it's never expected for a month to pass before a surgery.
Not that I've been checking it specifically, but as far as I can remember all the high profile players who tore their ACL never had to wait that long.
Wonder if some of the info on Sammy is incorrect or something.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Again, in soccer which one might say is plagued with ACL injuries, it's never expected for a month to pass before a surgery.
Not that I've been checking it specifically, but as far as I can remember all the high profile players who tore their ACL never had to wait that long.
Wonder if some of the info on Sammy is incorrect or something.
Maybe he got the surgery back home in Canada :laugh: it’s normal to wait several years here

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Hence his new nickname "Slewban". Zero suspensions from the NHL. It's baffling.

Cause you know Subban would pull the race card. He seems like the type of asshole that would do it. He has superstar treatment for donating money to Montréal, although even Ovechkin got suspended.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
One of the best writers literally just wrote yesterday that he was done for the season.

Get your shit together lol. This isn’t a fluid situation like Lindgren’s.

Reactions: NYRKindms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad