Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Without speaking for @Fitzy, I think Hunt being here, playing that hard-nosed physical game is probably even more important now with Blais out then ever. So that signing, while it may have looked redundant when they acquired Blais and Hunt to begin with, looks like a much smarter move now than ever.

More or less. I don't think Hunt or Reaves should play more than they have been, but they provide the 'tough to play against' factor in a number of areas.

If we were stuck with zero physicality with Blais out we'd be in a lot of trouble.

As for Sammy's spot in the lineup, others have mentioned that Gauthier, Goodrow, Barron are all options.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Without speaking for @Fitzy, I think Hunt being here, playing that hard-nosed physical game is probably even more important now with Blais out then ever. So that signing, while it may have looked redundant when they acquired Blais and Hunt to begin with, looks like a much smarter move now than ever.
Ah, the physical argument I absolutely agree with.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Can we sign a petition to make Subban translate his name into the literal swedish meaning of it?

I mean it translates to; "The Bitch". You can't tell me that the name doesn't suit his dirty bum ass.
I don’t think Subban is The B- with regard to the Rangers.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Same problem as ever with the Rangers. Reaves should have knocked out Subban before this even happened. If it's not Marchand it's Wilson. If not Wilson, it's Subban. We could have a young Bob Probert out there and the Ranger brass would tell him to stay calm, as if the league would take care of it. This injury is on the GM, coach and Reaves himself. Should have never happened. I saw it coming. There is a place for frontier justice in the NHL. The Rangers just don't realize it. It cost us yet again.

If you could read lips you could see Gallant complain to the ref, "Four F***ing times with this guy!" Should have been three coach. You should have sent Reaves to clean him out at puck drop.

Reactions: HFBS and egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Same problem as ever with the Rangers. Reaves should have knocked out Subban before this even happened. If it's not Marchand it's Wilson. If not Wilson, it's Subban. We could have a young Bob Probert out there and the Ranger brass would tell him to stay calm, as if the league would take care of it. This injury is on the GM, coach and Reaves himself. Should have never happened. I saw it coming. There is a place for frontier justice in the NHL. The Rangers just don't realize it. It cost us yet again.

If you could read lips you could see Gallant complain to the ref, "Four F***ing times with this guy!" Should have been three coach. You should have sent Reaves to clean him out at puck drop.
I agree with this except for including Marchand in the scenario. Marchand is infuriating but he’s not in the Subban class, let alone Wilson’s class.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

The problem with this is the part where Subban would run away as if he were being chased by Jack Nicholson with the axe in The Shining. No way does Subban engage or entertain that. That's what makes his chicken shit BS all the more infuriating.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
The problem with this is the part where Subban would run away as if he were being chased by Jack Nicholson with the axe in The Shining. No way does Subban engage or entertain that. That's what makes his chicken shit BS all the more infuriating.

This is why I abhor the Rangers' reluctance to name a captain as they have a fear of naming the wrong captain. Another reason why I suggested they name Messier coach when they dumped the Mike Sullivan wannabe what's his name. (I know it's Quinn, take it easy kids). Messier may be a bad selection if you think about it, but thinking isn't the problem. The Rangers are soft as actors or baby shit. That's the problem. This proves it again. I'm getting tired of banging this drum. Yes, little guys like Marchand can take advantage of us just like turtle heads like Subban or formidable threats like Matthew Tkachuk or Tom Wilson. The trouble is that the Rangers don't have an answer for any of them. When the going gets tough, the Rangers get going. This has been happening for long stretches of my fandom with small respites. I think this last stretch is since Brendon Shanahan left in 2008 or 09 and handed over the de facto leadership role to Chris Drury. Wait, did I just say that? Epiphany.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Lol, this is such a stupid statement. Yeah, guess what? 99% of the dirty plays in the NHL are not intentional in the way of player A wanting to hurt/injure player B. That doesn't mean they don't intentionally commit to reckless/risky plays, that have a high probability of turning dirty and causing an injury.

"I wasn't trying to run over that pedestrian, I'm not a murderer", said the guy who was speeding in the city DUI.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
That's hilarious. The disgraced Tim Peel is the defense witness. Makes me more nauseous that the Rangers didn't do anything about it.

DEFENSE: “Can you state your name for record?”

STAR WITNESS: “It wasn’t murder, just manslaughter!”

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Lol, this is such a stupid statement. Yeah, guess what? 99% of the dirty plays in the NHL are not intentional in the way of player A wanting to hurt/injure player B. That doesn't mean they don't intentionally commit to reckless/risky plays, that have a high probability of turning dirty and causing an injury.

"I wasn't trying to run over that pedestrian, I'm not a murderer", said the guy who was speeding in the city DUI.

Yup. Ruggs from the Raiders wasn't trying to kill that young girl in that car either even though he was traveling at 150MPH and was twice the legal limit.

Reactions: egelband

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Gotta think they make a move now. They needed to make one regardless, now it seems imperative.

NO NO NO
no impulsive moves that feel good short term and cost too much long term

effing no.

Good - Zib - Pan
LaF - Chytil - Gauth
kreid - Barron - Kakko
Reaves - Rooney - Hunt

stay w/big picture
deal Strome for picks do not add cap

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Pathetic excuse for a repeat offender. I don’t think Subban would drop them with Reaves and I don’t think Reaves is just going to pummel him as he turtles or chase him around the ice. But this is a guy who injured 2 of your teams players now with no repercussion. That’s unacceptable.
Goodrow/Hunt/Trouba/Rooney I’m talking to you. Reaves should be hitting everything in a devils jersey, hard.
We’re not a soft team, but we’re not a close knit tight group either and that worries me the most. Seems like there’s 2 factions of older players and younger players rather then 1 team.
Blais injury and the the repeated shots on shesty both happening without any response. That cannot happen if they want to truly get to the next level.
You have to feel like Subban just took out your younger brother, not just a team mate. Protecting shesty from contact should be the Defensemans 1st priority.
I’m honestly surprised at a Gallant coached team had no real reaction. It’s a long season, and I’m sure traveling/practicing/playing/ living together, they will bond more.
But it better not take too long, or we’re going to lose another player. Maybe one that’s harder to replace in the line up.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Kreider - Zib - Fox
Panarin - Strome - Kakko
Laf - Chytil - Goodrow
Reaves - Rooney - Hunt

Lindgren - Trouba
Miller - Schneider
Nemeth - Lundkvist

Ad