Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
One of the best writers literally just wrote yesterday that he was done for the season.

Get your shit together lol. This isn’t a fluid situation like Lindgren’s.

Mollie was probably basing that off of the initial report that he was done for the season. It was actually worded that he was done for the REGULAR season.

That doesn't mean that hes coming back, but hes 6 months post op and hockey players are f***ing nuts.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Mollie was probably basing that off of the initial report that he was done for the season. It was actually worded that he was done for the REGULAR season.

That doesn't mean that hes coming back, but hes 6 months post op and hockey players are f***ing nuts.
I tweeted at vince around the End of the regular season, and he actually replied "he's done for the year".
I think most of the reporters didnt even bother asking the question because an acl is never a quick heal.
I think there was someone in HF who had been posting that Blais was ahead of his PT schedule and it was surprising.

Blais coming back would change our team significantly.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Blais and Goodrow coming back would be such a huge win for this team. You're talking about taking Reaves and Rooney out of the lineup all together. Add Motte with these two and you really have another 3rd line that you could throw into a matchup game against top 6 players.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Blais and Goodrow coming back would be such a huge win for this team. You're talking about taking Reaves and Rooney out of the lineup all together. Add Motte with these two and you really have another 3rd line that you could throw into a matchup game against top 6 players.
Having a fourth line you can trust against the other team's top six is huge. Frees up Zibanejad and Kreider to do their thing offensively.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Guys, shit changed a bit and rehab got more effective sure, but it used to be a torn ACL/PCL means 1 year rehab, 1 year getting back into shape. There is no scenario where I see Blais ready or cleared to play. Risk of injuring further/again is just too high. Furthermore, you can't really expect him to contribute much, impossible with injury he had.

Let's enjoy the fact that he's on the ice with the guys, giving that energy.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Guys, shit changed a bit and rehab got more effective sure, but it used to be a torn ACL/PCL means 1 year rehab, 1 year getting back into shape. There is no scenario where I see Blais ready or cleared to play. Risk of injuring further/again is just too high. Furthermore, you can't really expect him to contribute much, impossible with injury he had.

NFL players are making the turn in 8 months more and more frequently. Some still take a year. I wouldn’t rule it out for a June return if we’re still playing..

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Great to see him skating! Have to think big picture and long term, I wouldn't rush him. We will need him next season.

But, if he CAN play? That would be a HUGE boost for this team.

Reactions: bhamill

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022

Shit changed more than just a bit. Acl’s are injuries that running backs who get hit in the knees 10+ times directly a game are coming back in 8 months.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Would be a huge boon to the team to get Blais back in anywhere near full capacity. The fact that he's starting to skate with the team is huge. It probably means he's been skating on his own for a while.

Fact of the matter is that skating with the team is a huge step, as well as a public declaration that the player is going to be ready for game action soon. Don't underestimate the public element. No team is going to have a player skating with the team that is nowhere close to returning. No coach is going to want to answer constant questions about said player's return timeline if that player is far, far away from being cleared. If I had to venture a guess, Blais is within 2 weeks of being medically cleared, maybe less. I think it was Kakko that had 2 or 3 practices before coming back from a long-term injury, but I can't remember how many of those he had on a non-contact jersey for, if any.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The ? here is how close is he to 100$ and how safe is he to go/go full tilt?

Should not invite long term disaster by rushing him back early. Also if fisticuffs are in the picture, he needs to have sufficient strength to maintain balance while slugging it out.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
NFL players are making the turn in 8 months more and more frequently. Some still take a year. I wouldn’t rule it out for a June return if we’re still playing..

Torn ACLs will be a same season injury in the NFL within the next 5-10 years

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Shit changed more than just a bit. Acl’s are injuries that running backs who get hit in the knees 10+ times directly a game are coming back in 8 months.
Tre White, CB on the Bills, suffered a torn ACL about a week after Blais. Reports are saying he’ll likely miss the first few games of the season.

It’s great to see Blais skating, but he’s still a long way until he’s really healthy. Even if we have two long series against the Canes and TB/FLA and reach the finals, I still think it’s a long shot. But man, he would be a tremendous add to this team.

Reactions: bernmeister

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Tre White, CB on the Bills, suffered a torn ACL about a week after Blais. Reports are saying he’ll likely miss the first few games of the season.

It’s great to see Blais skating, but he’s still a long way until he’s really healthy. Even if we have two long series against the Canes and TB/FLA and reach the finals, I still think it’s a long shot. But man, he would be a tremendous add to this team.

Different situations imo. Im not saying the Rangers are rushing Sammy back, but the Bills are one of the the Super Bowl favorites and can afford to slowplay White early in the season. Gallant saying Blais has been skating before today makes me think he may be able to make it back by Game 6 or 7 like Motte did last series. I'm sure the player is chomping at the bit to get back and start hitting people

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
We basically got Blais for the playoffs. Goodrow, Rooney and Blais would be a great shutdown fourth line.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I think each should be the 'slow guy' on separate lines. Blais is REALLY slow...

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Different situations imo. Im not saying the Rangers are rushing Sammy back, but the Bills are one of the the Super Bowl favorites and can afford to slowplay White early in the season. Gallant saying Blais has been skating before today makes me think he may be able to make it back by Game 6 or 7 like Motte did last series. I'm sure the player is chomping at the bit to get back and start hitting people
Agree with you on White, but even watching those vids of Blais skating, he’s barely even skating. He’s going to have to build up muscle and regain his conditioning. I don’t believe that’s possible in 4-5 weeks. I’d love to be wrong though.

We’re also talking about a 4 month difference if Blais is ready to go in June and White in October. That’s a significant difference for the same injury.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
lol

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I think each should be the 'slow guy' on separate lines. Blais is REALLY slow...
Motte is definitely not slow. Goodrow is probably average speed. Didn't really see enough of Blais, but he is on the slower side of things. If Perry and Maroon could be on the same line for Tampa (playing with Bellemare), I think we'd be okay with this trio going out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00