Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Blais and Goodrow coming back would be such a huge win for this team. You're talking about taking Reaves and Rooney out of the lineup all together. Add Motte with these two and you really have another 3rd line that you could throw into a matchup game against top 6 players.
Yea, that would be nuts. We'd be super deep at that point... well not at center. But you get my point.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
And Buch doesn’t even crack a smile after scoring the cup winning goal in OT, just awkwardly points to the player who passed to him

I'm picturing another take of this:

1652904035185.png

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
Ultimately, the true test is going to be how hard he practices and how much he knee reacts to it. If he can go hard and his knee has minimal to zero swelling and pain, he probably is coming back.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
He's in a regular jersey for the first time today.

if strome is out than do you see blais in with motte moving up or would they consider scratching reaves? I really struggle to see reaves scratched though right or wrong...

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
if strome is out than do you see blais in with motte moving up or would they consider scratching reaves? I really struggle to see reaves scratched though right or wrong...
Strome is skating. Blais hasn't played in 6 months. IF you do dress him its in the SCF when he has another 2 weeks to test his knee. This notion that is going from the sideline for that long and just step in and play HIS game which is taking the body is iffy at best.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
He was way too good last game to scratch.

Yet he only got 10 minutes of ice time. He got significantly less ice time than both his "kid line" linemates. Usually whenever it's bench shortening time for Gallant Kakko is the one who takes the biggest hit.

I am not saying what I believe should happen, I am saying what I believe is likeliest to happen given Gallant's usage of players.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yet he only got 10 minutes of ice time. He got significantly less ice time than both his "kid line" linemates. Usually whenever it's bench shortening time for Gallant Kakko is the one who takes the biggest hit.

I am not saying what I believe should happen, I am saying what I believe is likeliest to happen given Gallant's usage of players.
Chytil got pp1 time once strome was out, and Laf was on pp2.
That’s it. That’s the difference.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Strome is skating. Blais hasn't played in 6 months. IF you do dress him its in the SCF when he has another 2 weeks to test his knee. This notion that is going from the sideline for that long and just step in and play HIS game which is taking the body is iffy at best.
Blais has been skating for weeks I believe, he didn't just get on the ice. That being said I agree with you for the most part but what I find fascinating is to see if a lineup spot opens up will they go blais, rooney, or hunt.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Blais is only in if one of Strome/Goodrow can’t go. Which is possible. Otherwise, there’s no one coming out of the lineup for a guy who has no feel for game rhythm right now. Not Reaves, not Kakko.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Chytil got pp1 time once strome was out, and Laf was on pp2.
That’s it. That’s the difference.

Oh, OK, got it. So if Strome wasn't hurt and we didn't have as many power plays than all of Chytil, Kakko and Laf would have played only 10 minutes last game.

Sounds good. That makes me feel better.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Blais has been skating for weeks I believe, he didn't just get on the ice. That being said I agree with you for the most part but what I find fascinating is to see if a lineup spot opens up will they go blais, rooney, or hunt.
Skating vs skating with contact is significantly different. Testing how that knee holds up with little bump, etc is a significant hurdle. Not to mention he probably has a brace which probably limits mobility and takes time to get used to.

Then there is the mental aspect of coming back from that injury. Blais isn't a finesse player. He gets in the trenches and everyone on Tampa knows what his injury is.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Skating vs skating with contact is significantly different. Testing how that knee holds up with little bump, etc is a significant hurdle. Not to mention he probably has a brace which probably limits mobility and takes time to get used to.

Then there is the mental aspect of coming back from that injury. Blais isn't a finesse player. He gets in the trenches and everyone on Tampa knows what his injury is.
Should I say thank you for posting the obvious about injury recovery?

All I said is he has been skating for weeks when you made it sound like people are just suggesting he skated this morning and now he should be immediately put into the lineup. If his knee isn't healthy for contact than he would be wearing a no contact jersey in practice, dont be silly.

As I posted earlier I am just curious IF a lineup spot opens up if they would turn to hunt, rooney, or blais. It obviously depends which spot it is, but the fact you can even consider this now is interesting.

Reactions: WojtekWolski86

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2