Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That really sucks. Not surprising given the screams of pain and the way his knee bent 90 degrees, but still really unfortunate. He's RFA, right? Hopefully we keep him and let him have a chance next year to get back to it.

Big chance for Gauthier and/or Barron, depending on how it shakes out. And yeah VK is an idiot. :laugh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gauthier will probably get a few games, but Barron is the one that I really want to see grab the spot with both hands.
I know they called up Greg McKegg, with a Leg for an Arm and an Arm for a Leg, but you gotta think that given this impacts the rest of the season, there's a good chance Barron comes up. They'll of course give Gauthier a chance, but once his "I'm effective two shifts per game" thing wears thin, I think they call up Barron. It's understandable to not want to call up a prospect if it's just for a couple of games, but this is the time when you would want to do it--when there's an actual spot open for a guy to claim with regular ice time.

We'll see, though. The team never calls up the guys I want, when I want. :laugh:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's also entirely possible that the team wants (read needs) Barron to develop as a center based on the pipeline of talent they have. Having Barron continue to hone his skills at center in the AHL for another 20-30 games isn't a bad thing for the long term development of him as a player in that role. The reason the team kept Gauthier is exactly this. He deserves a shot to prove himself over an extended duration of time. He has been effective at every level apart from the NHL and at 24, it's now or never. Give him some time to settle in and see what he has and revisit in 10-15 games. If at that time he isn't cutting it, then look for options elsewhere.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

Subban's right foot. He dragged his right foot and it hits Blais's right leg which hits the board awkwardly.

Subban was fined for the Lucic slew foot. $5K. He was then fined $15K for slew footing Trevor Zebras.

This is 4th slew foot incident this season. Ridiculous. It's only November 16.

He clearly stuck out his leg. Are you f*cking kidding me? How unfortunate for the kid and for us as a team. F*ck.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Subban is very reluctant to fight anybody and turtles all the time when he does get involved. He ain't going to fight Reaves......and that's what the Devils have Geertsen for anyway.....which apart from getting the crowd stirred up is a waste of time.

The league really needs to look at this f***head though. That's 4 times in literally two months that he's taken someone's knee out. First Reaves, then Lucic, then Zegras and now Blais. f***ing benefit of the doubt on this shit has been flushed down the toilet after Lucic. Subban has become a very dangerous player in about the wrongest way possible. Right now he's the league's Matt Cooke.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
The time has come
Lets see what Chytil can do at RW where he's played his best in the past
And Gauth also gets to stay in the line-up
If they both play well then we r fine at RW and we can move the discussion back to needing a Center

Krei zib chy
Pan stro kak
Laf good gauth
Hunt roo reav
I think Chytil makes zero sense on the Mika line. That line needs someone who can slow down the puck and make plays...aka Kakko. If the coach wants to try Chytil at RW it should be on the Strome line, but I think Chytil at center is too important to this team's future and management knows it. Chytil feels most comfortable at center and the team needs him to develop as a center. Even if he gets traded centers are more valuable than wingers.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It's a big setback for Blais but IMO the 'career might be over' talking point is extremely premature.

In any event, this makes the Dryden Hunt acquisition look better and better.

How so? I'm not really excited to push Hunt up lines. He's a great 4th liner, but he's never showed anything more than that in his career.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
How so? I'm not really excited to push Hunt up lines. He's a great 4th liner, but he's never showed anything more than that in his career.

Without speaking for @Fitzy, I think Hunt being here, playing that hard-nosed physical game is probably even more important now with Blais out then ever. So that signing, while it may have looked redundant when they acquired Blais and Hunt to begin with, looks like a much smarter move now than ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad