GDT: "Samkow Memorial Game Day Thread" | Game 8 | Columbus vs. Arizona | 10/23 7PM

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bobs contract is the only reason he's in net... 2-4 now with 3.9 GA and .87 SV%... Not good..

Management needs to find out what's going on with Bob, he's simply not good so far this season... On the road in SL then home vs a new and improved Sabre team on Saturday.... It could get ugly.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I’ve always been a fan of Torts but he owes some real answers in tonight’s post game presser. No more “I’m not gonna talk about it” routine.
Part of me wonders if he does that because the players get bent out of shape when called out for their poor play and he is trying to "protect" them.

Players also need to be held accountable for poor play. There is no pressure that a Cleveland player will take a spot. We have a several players to sit Nash and other bottom 6 players. Gerbe and Stenlund looked good in preseason; haven't watched any Cle games, though

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Bobs contract is the only reason he's in net... 2-4 now with 3.9 GA and .87 SV%... Not good..

Management needs to find out what's going on with Bob, he's simply not good so far this season... On the road in SL then home vs a new and improved Sabre team on Saturday.... It could get ugly.
Had a bad feeling ever since his camp interview. Was exceedingly cold and low-key pissed. Not good mindset or focus on game.

Reactions: thebus88 and Robert

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Welcome to .500, hopefully team realizes walking onto ice doesn't warrant a victory.

Poor, poor performance.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
That was critical.

Which is to say, we're in critical condition after this game.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
A few thoughts - and questions - about tonight's game:

*Tonight's 4-1 loss sure looked different than the Chicago 4-1 loss.
*Doesn't it seem we have a knack for making back-up netminders look like Vezina winners?
*Conversely, when is Bob going resemble someone who has held a Vezina?
*How the heck can we make the Yotes look like an offensive juggernaut?
*Us? Back to back one goal games.
*why is it so hard for Torts to use 4 lines? And does Sonny really deserve to have 6 minutes half way thru period 3?
*If Sedlak is a reason, when will a call up be made? (Yes, our issues are bigger than 4th line, but in my mind it's reflective of some behind the bench questions)
*One reason the assistants switched roles was for fresh voices. But is it the assistants the players have tuned out?
*Speaking of coaching, when is someone going to be held accountable for the PP?
*in summary, a horrible game from us.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

*Doesn't it seem we have a knack for making back-up netminders look like Vezina winners?
*why is it so hard for Torts to use 4 lines? And does Sonny really deserve to have 6 minutes half way thru period 3?
*If Sedlak is a reason, when will a call up be made? (Yes, our issues are bigger than 4th line, but in my mind it's reflective of some behind the bench questions)
*One reason the assistants switched roles was for fresh voices. But is it the assistants the players have tuned out?
f*** torts . Pretty soon that place will be empty. I would trade places with Colorado, or Arizona in a second, atleast they have young coaches that understand today’s game . Year after year , we put out a pedestrian group of forwards , play a slow boring style of hockey , why would fans show up for this .

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
**** torts . Pretty soon that place will be empty. I would trade places with Colorado, or Arizona in a second, atleast they have young coaches that understand today’s game . Year after year , we put out a pedestrian group of forwards , play a slow boring style of hockey , why would fans show up for this .
I got off the Torts bandwagon after rolling 3 lines in a triple OT PO game. I can't wrap my mind around some of his decisions.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Crappy effort by the team, perhaps they want Korpi too.... That's the only thing that makes any sense to me...

To much player yapping without performance on the ice....

Reactions: thebus88

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

A lot of these questions could be asked in multiple years. The fact no progress seems to be made is disheartening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad