GDT: "Samkow Memorial Game Day Thread" | Game 8 | Columbus vs. Arizona | 10/23 7PM

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Jones 27:24 TOI......:whaaa?:

11,458 announced .........I’m guessing probably fewer than that

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I wonder if any of the media members will try doing their damn job and ask Torts a tough question or try being critical of him.
Yep, maybe they could goad Torts into blowing his gasket for at least some bit of excitement tonight.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Wow.... post game with Davidge... lack of scoring, turnovers, defense?

Crickets as far as goaltending??? Unreal.
I thought he sounded old school with the top two lines the skill lines, bottom two the physical lines comment. That's not today's NHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
56 goals against over a 14 game span dating back to last season isn’t a ‘handful’ of games. Something is desperately wrong with Bob and has been dating back to April, and it pains me that you can’t admit it.

Okay listen Bus Jr. last seasons games don't matter anymore. By this logic, Korpi has over 3.5 GAA in his last few starts because he was in net against Vancouver for 5 goals, and Nashville for 4 (IIRC). It doesn't matter at all. Nobody is saying "Our record is 7-11-1 since the last few games of last season!" because it doesn't matter, like at all. I know what you're doing, you're just trying to make your argument look better, but doing it this way is pretty stupid.

Hey @CBJWennberg10, how about that 4th goal? Was that not Bob’s fault too?

Jody shelley: “Bob didn’t even move!”

I’m not exaggerating when I say this, that was the SOFTEST wristser that I’ve EVER saw Bob give up. Holy crap.

You mean this goal?

The goal where the guy is skating in (uncontested) on a 3 on 2 rush (one being Milano) and getting the shot off right in the middle of the dots on his forehand?

THAT'S the softest wrister goal he's ever given up?

No, that's not Bob's fault either.

He had a cross creases (on a partial 2 on 0/.5) and off the rush on a tap in. He had that goal, and a slot pass. The only goal he should have stopped was the Strome goal, I thought he played it a bit too aggressive after the Stepan miss, but you also expect your defenseman to have your back door covered. The Fischer goals were all unstoppable or nearly unstoppabble.

But you know, this will be dismissed as being a "Bob fanboy," and I don't really care because nothing I say will change people's minds. So go ahead, and be mad, and want Bobrovsky to struggle and lose games so your hot takes can be right. That makes sense as a CBJ fan. (you're not alone here)

He's not playing as well as we're used to. Guess what? It took some other worldy Vezina-like performances (or literal Vezinas) for this team and previous teams to make it to the playoffs. Without him, we're still sitting on one appearance in franchise history. No, he hasn't played well when we got there. But we're only there in large part because of him. Unless you want to try to convince me we get there with Curtis McElhinney or Korpisalo too, in which case you can go ahead. Perhaps, maybe the team is more of a product of Bobrovsky than the reverse?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Torts post conference:

“We have guys that are lacking confidence right now as far as with the puck.. We have guys that don’t want the puck. It’s going thru our team. There’s no one working well with one another.”

Reactions: Robert

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
Couldn't make it to the game. Flu bug. Thank goodness for the flu. Got to shake this team up. Time for the Hanni to draw in.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
You mean this goal?

The goal where the guy is skating in (uncontested) on a 3 on 2 rush (one being Milano) and getting the shot off right in the middle of the dots on his forehand?

THAT'S the softest wrister goal he's ever given up?

No, that's not Bob's fault either.

He had a cross creases (on a partial 2 on 0/.5) and off the rush on a tap in. He had that goal, and a slot pass. The only goal he should have stopped was the Strome goal, I thought he played it a bit too aggressive after the Stepan miss, but you also expect your defenseman to have your back door covered. The Fischer goals were all unstoppable or nearly unstoppabble.

But you know, this will be dismissed as being a "Bob fanboy," and I don't really care because nothing I say will change people's minds. So go ahead, and be mad, and want Bobrovsky to struggle and lose games so your hot takes can be right. That makes sense as a CBJ fan. (you're not alone here)

He's not playing as well as we're used to. Guess what? It took some other worldy Vezina-like performances (or literal Vezinas) for this team and previous teams to make it to the playoffs. Without him, we're still sitting on one appearance in franchise history. No, he hasn't played well when we got there. But we're only there in large part because of him. Unless you want to try to convince me we get there with Curtis McElhinney or Korpisalo too, in which case you can go ahead. Perhaps, maybe the team is more of a product of Bobrovsky than the reverse?

I agree that the team broke down in front of him, but he had a clear line of sight and the sheer amount (or lack thereof) of effort Bob put into that save was disgusting. Bob should have made that save.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If you watched the post game , you will understand why this team has always sucked . Absolutely 0 accountability , our press ask the most leading , softball questions that I’ve ever seen . Fans want answers , not cliche bs statements . This crap wouldn’t fly in a big city. I can guarantee the press would have a different mindset, and we saw it on display , after Saturday’s loss to Purdue , by the buckeyes . This franchise is creeping into dangerous times . Fans aren’t showing up, heck even around here , most gdts are 7 or 8 pages .

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If you watched the post game , you will understand why this team has always sucked . Absolutely 0 accountability , our press ask the most leading , softball questions that I’ve ever seen . Fans want answers , not cliche bs statements . This crap wouldn’t fly in a big city. I can guarantee the press would have a different mindset, and we saw it on display , after Saturday’s loss to Purdue , by the buckeyes . This franchise is creeping into dangerous times . Fans aren’t showing up, heck even around here , most gdts are 7 or 8 pages .
I've tried... Remember, JD runs this club and don't anyone forget that.... Over five years ago..

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It's amazing how "human" Bob exposes this team and Torts and he's still the one to blame. PK is Shit, PP is shit, Nick Foligno is playing on 1st line lol. They can't connect a simple pass, there no defensive or offensive scheme. You scored 2 goals in 2 games and you blame the goalie?! Amazing, Cannot wait for STL game with Korpi, and whose fault it will be from our analitics.

Edit: 1 goal in 2 games. All goals this game were scored by Coyotes.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
It's amazing how "human" Bob exposes this team and Torts and he's still the one to blame. PK is ****, PP is ****, Nick Foligno is playing on 1st line lol. They can't connect a simple pass, there no defensive or offensive scheme. You scored 2 goals in 2 games and you blame the goalie?! Amazing, Cannot wait for STL game with Korpi, and whose fault it will be from our analitics.
To be fair , Bob has sucked the last 15 games or so, plus was atrocious in the preseason . In that timespan he hasn’t given up less than 3 goals in any one game. He’s given up 8 in one , 4 in quite a few ... this is the goalie that’s mad that the franchise won’t just hand over Carey Price money . And thank god for that . Korpi has been better this year. Is he the answer? That’s to be determined , but he’s played much better than Bob thus far, and hasn’t played since Oct 11th . So maybe he loses momentum off his good start, and then you have a real problem .

Reactions: thebus88

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
With tonight’s blowout, the Jackets are now tied for the 3rd worst goal differential in the East.

:clap:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree that the team broke down in front of him, but he had a clear line of sight and the sheer amount (or lack thereof) of effort Bob put into that save was disgusting. Bob should have made that save.

So in the .15 second between the release and it going in the net you wanted more effort, you say? He just doesn't want it enough, you think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad