Player Discussion Sam Steel

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Who was on his line, tonight?
Cogs and Sherwood, although everything got jumbled up after Getz got hurt. Then they were just rotating the 3 centers through all 4 lines, and even used Street at center for one shift.

Reactions: Exit Dose

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
His break through is coming soon it feels like. Hopefully he gets one against Detroit

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Like DVM mentioned the change from Aberg to Sherwood was night and day for that line.
I thought that would work. Glad to see that Carlyle tried it. Steel has his issues, but none bigger than trying to create offense on a line with Aberg on it. Also, good on Sherwood for working his way up the lineup. He may prove to be a bigger steal by year's end if he keeps it up.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Played 20:54 in today's game without picking up a point. How did he look today and how did it compare as the game went on with his mins getting higher?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Played 20:54 in today's game without picking up a point. How did he look today and how did it compare as the game went on with his mins getting higher?

He was great. Very involved, had some grade A scoring chances and I thought was our best forward in transition - made some beautiful passes and also had quite a few entries in possession. Noticed a couple bad turnovers but he also had some great back checks, and won some key faceoffs.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What are your guys’ thoughts on this kid?

Still have the potential to be a top 6 forward?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I mean if he can be his best giroux is a comparable

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I think he’s going to be too small to be a legitimate 1C. He’s not fast enough to overcome that IMO. Great hands and vision but he can be overmuscled too easily. Could be a great 2C or part of a 1a/1/b lineup I think though.
I agree. I also think he could rack up a ton of pp points.

Oct 18, 2011
Steel can be a high end number 2 center that plays number 1 PP time. For his size he is a step to slow to be a number 1

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He showed a lot more speed then I ever gave him credit for on that break away.

Love it tho, steel is just a very likable player... its a shame hes a duck and going to be known as a dirty POS.

Ive been wanting to get a Steel Gulls jersey.... /shrug now I guess I have too

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
He showed a lot more speed then I ever gave him credit for on that break away.

Love it tho, steel is just a very likable player... its a shame hes a duck and going to be known as a dirty POS.

Ive been wanting to get a Steel Gulls jersey.... /shrug now I guess I have too
Why would he be known as a POS ? I dont get it. Forgive me as I'm not familiar with the ducks...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Why would he be known as a POS ? I dont get it. Forgive me as I'm not familiar with the ducks...

We are still trying to shake the label of being a team full of dirty players we had when we wo the cup in 2007. It doesn’t help that we are still employing Kesler and Perry who aren’t exactly well liked around the league.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
We are still trying to shake the label of being a team full of dirty players we had when we wo the cup in 2007. It doesn’t help that we are still employing Kesler and Perry who aren’t exactly well liked around the league.
The irony is the fanbases who mostly hate those players are the ones that have players that actually do dirty things and cause injuries.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
The irony is the fanbases who mostly hate those players are the ones that have players that actually do dirty things and cause injuries.
Guess I missed it a bit but that kind of hockey appeals to some of us canadians. Those two guys are/were good players too. Mind you, Fans in calgary cant get enough of Tkachuck, but I hate the little stool pigeon..

Anyhow, ya got a player in Sam. Take it from someone from Edmonton.

Reactions: eternalbedhead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad