Player Discussion Sam Steel

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Small, soft players who aren't incredibly gifted offensively need to at least be fast. He could never improve his speed or quickness in any noticeable way. That killed him. Maybe it's the fault of our development guys or conditioning guys, skating coaches, etc. But that's just the way it goes.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Man I was pumped about this guy when he hit the records in juniors. What a bummer, feels like he's a great guy. Part of me hopes he comes down to Europe to dominate and become a staple in the annual World Champs. I'm sure he'll get another chance though in the NHL. Hopefully he'll find his game, Best of luck!

Oct 18, 2011
Anaheim did him a disservice by keeping him on the team when he should have been in the AHL, trying to turn him into a grinder was never going to work and it's fair to question our player development IMO, we've had several guys be very productive and highly regarded in the lower levels only to get to AHL./NHL and underachieve., until Terry turned the corner last year it was quite awhile before this team developed any sort of impact forward, Zegras is fortunately one of those guys that would succeed in almost any circumstance.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Anaheim did him a disservice by keeping him on the team when he should have been in the AHL, trying to turn him into a grinder was never going to work and it's fair to question our player development IMO, we've had several guys be very productive and highly regarded in the lower levels only to get to AHL./NHL and underachieve., until Terry turned the corner last year it was quite awhile before this team developed any sort of impact forward, Zegras is fortunately one of those guys that would succeed in almost any circumstance.
Someone once said that Zegras development is Idiot-Proof that even incompetent coaching wouldn't effect him becoming a top6 forward.

Oct 18, 2011
Someone once said that Zegras development is Idiot-Proof that even incompetent coaching wouldn't effect him becoming a top6 forward.
the top tier talents will find a way and if a player fails the finger gets pointed alot at the scouts but player development is just as important, and i don't think we really know how much resources Anaheim put into it vs other teams

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Whos idea was it to mold him into one? Was it Randy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad