Proposal: Sam Reinhart to van

Orvald

Feb 24, 2015
Belgium
The way I see it.

usually with a cap dump a high draft pick or prospect gets send along. Now you are trading for a Top 6 forward that can play center and put up 70 points and is defensively one of the best players on the sabres.

Louie erikson we don't want but you add Hoglander
Then you want Sam Reinhart, you give us your 1st + podkolzin.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
So what would your value be? Loui and a first for Reinhart? Like seriously. It's great that you are getting Reinhart but what are we getting? A top 10 pick in a week drafting? Cmon man give me a break
When did I say any of this?

I don’t know what Reinhart’s value is. But a top 10 pick is not the right value to get rid of 1 year of Eriksson.

Although I don’t know what Reinhart’s value is, the fact that he has requested a trade, and that he is 1 year from ufa likely lowers his value at least a little.

I don’t know if op’s offer is fair, but I definitely would not pay that as a Canucks fan. We have much bigger needs than Sam Reinhart.

Reactions: Cogburn and gianni

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The way I see it.

usually with a cap dump a high draft pick or prospect gets send along. Now you are trading for a Top 6 forward that can play center and put up 70 points and is defensively one of the best players on the sabres.

Louie erikson we don't want but you add Hoglander
Then you want Sam Reinhart, you give us your 1st + podkolzin.
Reinhart is not a 70 point player.

Good luck getting that price that you just listed. Asinine.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
When did I say any of this?

I don’t know what Reinhart’s value is. But a top 10 pick is not the right value to get rid of 1 year of Eriksson.

Although I don’t know what Reinhart’s value is, the fact that he has requested a trade, and that he is 1 year from ufa likely lowers his value at least a little.

I don’t know if op’s offer is fair, but I definitely would not pay that as a Canucks fan. We have much bigger needs than Sam Reinhart.
I agree Vancouver and Sabres are not good trading partners.Both in the same boat.

Reactions: lawrence

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
I'd be a billionaire if I had a dollar for every time someone on HF boards said: "Player A will be a free agent next year we'll just sign them for free" only to watch that player get re-signed and come nowhere near free agency. As someone who's watched Reinhart year in and year out this would be a guy I'd want my team pursuing heavily if he were made available. Especially if I thought my team had a leg up on keeping him long-term.

Fair enough. Of course it is not assured, but regardless I believe Miller should be traded for assets more in line with the age of Vancouver's core - regardless of Reinhart. However, that absence of a top line player with Vancouver ties and cap space occurring in his UFA year could send a message.

But yes, overall I agree. However, there was Pietro that this was said all about as well.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The only way i can see us getting Reinhart is if it comes with the shedding for Loui contact and then a trade of Jt miller for a top 4 dman. That being said I wouldnt give more then our 2021 first and a prospect for him. Im sure some other teams will be willing to offer more but he isnt what we need and is just going to create a log jam of big contacts in our top 6

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't know why Buffalo would take that deal.

They aren't the bargain-basement store of the NHL. No reason they shouldn't get full value for a player over whom they have full control.

Buffalo has better chicken wings to boot.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I agree Vancouver and Sabres are not good trading partners.Both in the same boat.

this.

I think a contending team with a 1st rounder in the later 20's and one of their higher end prospects is a price a strong team is more willing to make than lets say a team like the Vancouver Canucks. I could imagine a team or if we were as good as the Vancouver Canucks in 2012 or in 2013 willing to move their 1st and a blue chip for Reinhart to make that extra step but since we suck this bad, also a struggling team, I don't think they can really afford to trade for Sam. They can try to risk it, and see if we can tender him an offer as a UFA if we really want him.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Love Reinhart, wouldn’t overpay for him given he’ll be UFA. If there is a desire to come home then may as well wait.

If the Canucks really wanted to get him, my top offer would be:

Miller (I love JT Miller and his game. He’s been a stud last 2 seasons)
+Eriksson

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If there is a desire to come home then may as well wait.

if theres a desire for him to come back he can take a home town discount :naughty:

however he is not someone I am really holding my breath for. If we get him, we'll have to see what he signs for, I don't want anymore over paid players on this team, it's held us back big time.

Last edited:

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
It is definitely 2 extremes - judging this team on its bubble success or its injury-ridden/covid season. So, probably somewhere in between.

The blueline is certainly a concern, but Petey, Boeser, Hughes, and Demko are a great core. I wouldn't say they are rebuilding rather this season was a setback.
Podz and a solid addition on the blueline and a 3C will go a long way. IMO, I would also change the coach, GM, and solidify their blueline.

Van will be stronger than the Ducks, Sharks, and the Flames.

Really hoped we received BC native Toews from the Isles instead. A top pairing of Toews-Schmidt wouldve looked solid while Hughes takes over the second pairing.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Really hoped we received BC native Toews from the Isles instead

the price of 2 2nd rounders was too high for us, plus his point totals wouldn't be the same.

Like lets not be stupid here, we don't have Mackkinnon Rantenen and a start studded like up like the Avs do. His point total will very much be lower then Hughes if Toews was magically a Canuck

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
This offer is basically Sam Reinhart for a mid teens pick in a weak draft. Why the hell are the sabres making that move?
This has nothing to do with what I said.

You think the Canucks pick (which is not a mid teens pick, the Canucks are 4th last right now) is what it would take to get rid of Eriksson. Therefore, you have zero grasp of trade value.

Reactions: lawrence

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
LET ME SLOW DOWN FOR YOU.

LE CONTRACT = NEGATIVE VALUE
VAN 1st PICK 5-10

Add the two together and you have the value of roughly a mid teens pick.

WOW

I’m sorry, but your arbitrary method of evaluating/devaluating a pick with a bad contract attached is not some widely known standard, neither is it easily gleaned by your brief post (as evidenced by others correcting you).

I encourage you to engage in a hockey discussion without being a condescending doosh, though.

“WOW”

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
the price of 2 2nd rounders was too high for us, plus his point totals wouldn't be the same.

Like lets not be stupid here, we don't have Mackkinnon Rantenen and a start studded like up like the Avs do. His point total will very much be lower then Hughes if Toews was magically a Canuck

Like lets not be stupid here, his defensive play will still be good enough to be a top 4 on this team. We dont care for his lower point totals, when Hughes will be doing most of the racking.

2 2nd rders for him is worth it. big upgrade on last year's team on the defensive end.

Last edited:

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I’m sorry, but your arbitrary method of evaluating/devaluating a pick with a bad contract attached is not some widely known standard, neither is it easily gleaned by your brief post (as evidenced by others correcting you).

I encourage you to engage in a hockey discussion without being a condescending doosh, though.

“WOW”
Its not arbitrary there are plenty of examples of teams moving picks to lose a bad contract. How is it my fault a bunch of dumb people dont understand that the VAN pick and a bad contract isnt that attractive of an offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad