Proposal: Sam Reinhart to van

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I would assume that players that want out of Buffalo don't want any part of coming to Vancouver for similar reasons.

Vancouver is a world class city. Buffalo is not... You can't compare them. Plus I'm not aware of star players wanting out of Vancouver.

But why does buffalo do this?

A 1st in a crapshoot draft and Erikson? Why?

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Vancouver is a world class city. Buffalo is not... You can't compare them. Plus I'm not aware of star players wanting out of Vancouver.

But why does buffalo do this?

A 1st in a crapshoot draft and Erikson? Why?

Reinhart wants out of Buffalo because he doesn't want to go through another rebuild and wants to compete in the playoffs. Similar to Buffalo, Vancouver's rebuild has failed and they are not close to a playoff team.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I would assume that players that want out of Buffalo don't want any part of coming to Vancouver for similar reasons.

Sam doesn't exactly have a choice. He has no protection on his contract.

To the original proposa:

A first AND a cap dump like Eriksson means that you've gotta add another solid piece to get Sam. Maybe Virtanen? Otherwise, I think this might be a case where we have to kick something in and go after a piece like Rathbone or Juolevi.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sam doesn't exactly have a choice. He has no protection on his contract.

To the original proposa:

A first AND a cap dump like Eriksson means that you've gotta add another solid piece to get Sam. Maybe Virtanen? Otherwise, I think this might be a case where we have to kick something in and go after a piece like Rathbone or Juolevi.

I'd happily include any of those pieces to our 1st and Eriksson.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Rather keep the pick, Canucks have drafted well lately. Cap is already going to be tight going forward. Plus, wasn't there alleged entitlement/attitude issues, similar to Jake Virtanen?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So the 1st offsets LE contract. Are we just giving you Reinhart?

At worst, a 7th overall pick offsets 6 million in cap space for one year?

Eriksson is a single year "cost of doing business" cap dump, you can have Beagle and Roussel instead if you'd rather. Demoting Eriksson to the taxi squad is 4.875 million as a cap hit, and isn't limited to one team to buy him out, if the Marleau trade is what you're using as precedent. If the actual money is an issue, we can wait until his bonus is paid out, July 1st (I believe this is still before the draft)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Van needs to add more, especially if they are taking LE. I am not much of a Reinhart guy, and a top 10 pick is nice, but VAN has to add more. A guy like Virtanen, especially with his off ice issues, has little value. Juolevi and Rathbone...yikes.

I'd say a 1st, LE and Podkolzin. If VAN is feeling confident, then say a 2022 1st. Maybe BUF sends back a 3rd.

Doesn't VAN need good Dmen rather than forwards? Is acquiring Reinhart where they want to be putting their trade assets?

Reactions: majormajor

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
So the 1st offsets LE contract. Are we just giving you Reinhart?

It's clearly a rebuilding move for Buffalo on the presumption that they don't try to compete next season. Cap hit aside, Eriksson is only owed $4 million in real salary next season. If the pick is a lottery pick or top 5, there's a pretty decent chance you walk away with a better player than Reinhart, who will also be cheaper and younger. The logic is there.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Van needs to add more, especially if they are taking LE. I am not much of a Reinhart guy, and a top 10 pick is nice, but VAN has to add more. A guy like Virtanen, especially with his off ice issues, has little value. Juolevi and Rathbone...yikes.

I'd say a 1st, LE and Podkolzin. If VAN is feeling confident, then say a 2022 1st. Maybe BUF sends back a 3rd.

Doesn't VAN need good Dmen rather than forwards? Is acquiring Reinhart where they want to be putting their trade assets?
No way in hell we giving up podz and a top 10 pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->