Sam Bennett - most needed change of scenery ever or hot streak?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Most flames fans I’ve seen are actually happy for Bennett, If not a bit skeptical of his pace(I doubt he continues to be 1.5 ppg players in the future). But he was well liked by most of our fans and we are happy to see him finally get a chance and succeed. I don’t think many fans are having a melt down about it.

As a flames fan myself, I’d love to see him turn into a 65-75 point center with a lot of grit, who steps it up in the playoffs... that’s the player he was supposed to be. It would look bad on the flames yes, but it would also be a nice story for a well liked player

Thats honestly how I felt about Zibanejad and his success in the big apple. Nothing but love and respect, and hope that he keeps it up, and I think a combo of immaturity/management misjudging him are both to blame, and that he needed the shake up to get where he is today. So no hard feelings at all.

And it helps that we got Brassard, who was mostly disappointing but had a big hand in our playoff run in 2017, and has turned into Filip Gustavsson, who is my bet for our goalie of the future atm..

Reactions: ecemleafs

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm still not convinced he can out up performance like this long term. But he never was going to in Calgary anyway. I don't think he would even if we consistently played him with Gaudreau and Lindholm. Just didn't seem to click here. But I'm pulling for him. It's not like he was some jerk who constantly caused problems or anything here.

I legit hope the Panthers win the cup not only for Sam, but just because I really would love to see a franchise and fanbase who have had so little success get that. I've been pulling for Florida to succeed for years

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I'm still not convinced he can out up performance like this long term. But he never was going to in Calgary anyway. I don't think he would even if we consistently played him with Gaudreau and Lindholm. Just didn't seem to click here. But I'm pulling for him. It's not like he was some jerk who constantly caused problems or anything here.

This is such a Flames argument.

Bennett was never tried on center with Gaudreau and Lindholm, yet you know it would not have worked, even after Bennett has shown he can play with skilled players and put up points. And with all due respect, Duclair/Tippett arent exactly shoe-in HOFers.

Gaudreau - Bennett - Tkachuk
Lindholm - Monahan - Mangiapane could have been a thing, but alas

The Flames never figured out the forward with the highest upside should be playing with the best players.

That's why they are where they are.

Even Edmonton brass had enough brains to play young Draisaitl with Hall/Connor and not Hendricks, Lander or Pakarinen.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
This is such a Flames argument.

Bennett was never tried on center with Gaudreau and Lindholm, yet you know it would not have worked, even after Bennett has shown he can play with skilled players and put up points. And with all due respect, Duclair/Tippett arent exactly shoe-in HOFers.

Gaudreau - Bennett - Tkachuk
Lindholm - Monahan - Mangiapane could have been a thing, but alas

The Flames never figured out the forward with the highest upside should be playing with the best players.

That's why they are where they are.

Even Edmonton brass had enough brains to play young Draisaitl with Hall/Connor and not Hendricks, Lander or Pakarinen.
I said "I don't think" it would work, not that I "know" so get off your damn high horse and piss off

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Reeks of when the Flames tossed out Martin St.Louis, Marc Savard, JS Giguere, and Corey Stillman before any of them broke out.

:/

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Flames really mismanaged Bennett. He was never given a chance playing centre with skilled players for more than a game here or there.

They had him playing 4th line wing, that should be the final nail in Trelivings coffin.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
download (5).jpeg

Michelangelo_-_Creation_of_Adam_(cropped).jpg

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
He has completely changed the complexion of the Panthers. That big throwdown last night with Tampa? That wouldn't have happened 12 games ago.
I love what Sam brings to this team, he has certainly been a great addition for many reasons, but this is a little much. Panthers have been stepping up for their teammates all season.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
I love what Sam brings to this team, he has certainly been a great addition for many reasons, but this is a little much. Panthers have been stepping up for their teammates all season.

Perhaps, but Florida has a very differeny feel since the Bennett trade, especially after he avenged the hit on Duclair vs Columbus. Even the facewash on Stillman. Never really saw Panthers players do that.

Reactions: deleted user

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Perhaps, but Florida has a very differeny feel since the Bennett trade, especially after he avenged the hit on Duclair vs Columbus. Even the facewash on Stillman. Never really saw Panthers players do that.

It started last summer with Gudas & Hörnqvist.
Bennett was another addition to it.

Completely different team to previous years teams, they won’t run away from a fight

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
15 pts in 10 games. Go back and review posts in thread for a laugh. Its like they nothing about this sport. Pathetic. What is more sad is their devotion to the fantasy of the destroyed opinion. If you follow sports for a time, you know many players just need a change of scenery. Being stuck on the 3rd/4th line in Calgary limited Bennett. Never understood why he signed there as RFA, should have demanded a trade at that point.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
When you deal with that guy on your board frequently, admittedly yes lol

the Oilers have suffered with the same thing the Flames are suffering with in regards to Bennett....as soon as you trade him, he seems to almost become Superman ! over and over the Oilers were burned with this! :facepalm:

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019

This makes me immensely happy to hear. Bennett was a fav of mine and always loved his passion for his teammates.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Ahahhaha. I just love to see this. He is lucky to get that loser stench out of him so quickly.

I would not be expecting the same from other flames garbage losers.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I legit hope the Panthers win the cup not only for Sam, but just because I really would love to see a franchise and fanbase who have had so little success get that. I've been pulling for Florida to succeed for years
Never thought I’d ever read something like this from a fan in Canada. Thank you, truly. No attendance joke, no “move them to Quebec”, just goodwill towards a former flame and a team that desperately needs success. Thank you, you’re one of the good ones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad