Sam Bennett - most needed change of scenery ever or hot streak?

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
From the way GM/Coach Rowe scapegoated Smith a couple of times that season, I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith told them all to kiss his ass, & please trade me at his exit meeting.

Florida's best player in the 2016 series vs the Isles and arguably Vegas best player during their Finals run. He seems to have fallen off a cliff though. Hope he bounces back.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
From the way GM/Coach Rowe scapegoated Smith a couple of times that season, I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith told them all to kiss his ass, & please trade me at his exit meeting.

Please do not remind me of the Mike Rowe era at this time.

Reactions: Vilam

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Man, the flames could really use an offensive 2 way center on a cheap cap hit like Sam Bennett......
...To plug their fourth line lol. I hope for Flames fans sake new MGMT comes to the rescue asap. His success should have them all burning on the hot seat right now behind the scenes.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Based on some of these comments, you’d think the Flames made him play with a piano strapped to his back.

Good for him and Panthers that he’s playing well and producing but Bennet is not this great player that Calgary let get away or will regret not having long term.

Reactions: HugginThePost

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
JFC I didnt realize Bennet was ripping it up as badly as he was right now...

Flames fans must be having a meltdown right now, damn....
Most flames fans I’ve seen are actually happy for Bennett, If not a bit skeptical of his pace(I doubt he continues to be 1.5 ppg players in the future). But he was well liked by most of our fans and we are happy to see him finally get a chance and succeed. I don’t think many fans are having a melt down about it.

As a flames fan myself, I’d love to see him turn into a 65-75 point center with a lot of grit, who steps it up in the playoffs... that’s the player he was supposed to be. It would look bad on the flames yes, but it would also be a nice story for a well liked player

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I'm pumped for him. He went from a miserable time in Calgary, to sunny Florida and a fresh start.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2