Sam Bennett - most needed change of scenery ever or hot streak?

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Career high 20 goals with almost half a season left. 26 goals and 16 assists in 43 total games with the Panthers. Love the passion he brings, love it. But I will say that the one thing that we were warned about, continues to happen, and that’s his bonehead penalties from time to time. I’ll take it though. Love him on this team!

Scoring 42 points (26 goals/16 assists) in 43 games with an occasional bonehead penalty playing 2c provides a sufficient sample size to demonstrate that Bennett's performance as a Panther is more than a temporary, hot streak. Give Zito credit for making the trade and resigning Bennett to a very, team-friendly contract.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Scoring 42 points (26 goals/16 assists) in 43 games with an occasional bonehead penalty playing 2c provides a sufficient sample size to demonstrate that Bennett's performance as a Panther is more than a temporary, hot streak. Give Zito credit for making the trade and resigning Bennett to a very, team-friendly contract.

Yes. He just needs to keep his cool in the playoffs, because he has that reputation.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I know we talked about the "what ifs" with Ekblad not getting injured, but you also have to wonder what if Bennett didn't get himself suspended after game 1. We win that to make it 1-1 and it could have been a different series.

Yup, that’s why I say he has to keep his cool. Even though we have better depth this season, losing a key player for a game can win, or in our case, lose a series.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yup, that’s why I say he has to keep his cool. Even though we have better depth this season, losing a key player for a game can win, or in our case, lose a series.

No way of definitely knowing this. We could have ended up losing in 4 if Bennett had not been suspended.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

If you include 6 points in his last 6 games as a flame, even bigger sample size. On record on here as saying I wanted him on the Wings before he was traded. Ugh

Reactions: Laus723

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Why did Calgary trade a guy as soon as he developed into a ppg player?

I don't think many expected this much production. I know he said he enjoyed playing for Sutter, and obviously Sutter liked him. I also don't know, unless he was in lindholms spot, get as much production in Calgary vs Florida. It's kinda a really good thing to play with JH.

Reactions: Laus723

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
I don't think many expected this much production. I know he said he enjoyed playing for Sutter, and obviously Sutter liked him. I also don't know, unless he was in lindholms spot, get as much production in Calgary vs Florida. It's kinda a really good thing to play with JH.
Last night Huby had an empty netter and instead passed to Sam for the lay up

Reactions: Givememoneyback

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yo is it shoe or hat?

Cause I had this in my cart to gift our friend

dd2isym40tg71.jpg

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Leads the #1 team in the league in goals scored. Now, I don’t expect him to be some consistent 40 goal scorer or anything, but there’s no doubt he’s a big cog here and his high level play won’t diminish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad