Sam Bennett - most needed change of scenery ever or hot streak?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Now that we have sufficiently strayed off topic enough, lets get back to the real subject, please.
Yeah, no one cares about shitty the north division is. And there's plenty of threads about that elsewhere.

This topic all about how terrible the Flames organization is and how they traded away the center they've spent the last 20 or so years looking for.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
People are jumping to conclusions too early with Bennett. Most players will see a marked scoring production after being traded. This is just like Roslovic becoming a 1c for the Jackets a few games after being traded.
I thought Taylor Hall was supposed to score more than Bennett.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Mentioned it already in the trade thread but...36 shots in 9 games says a lot about his chances of keeping this up. In my experience, shots on goal gives a good indicator of sustainability when using a smaller sample size.

Yea, the shooting, making the simple/smart/high percentage passes, doesnt get cute with his passes, forechecks, engages in board battles, is adept at predicting a play's development, lays out hits, will facewash a defenseman after a net scrum, will park in front of the net, has speed to play with anyone in the lineup, is counted on for the PP and PK, takes critical faceoffs, has chemistry with damn near anyone, will fight, will talk shit.

I havent seen a player change the complexion of the Panthers to this degree since Jagr.

The Panthers were an impotent, fragile team before Bennett's arrival. They have been very "different" since.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Toronto is a great team, with great talent, and has as good a chance as anyone to win The Cup.

That being said, The Cats, Bolts, and Canes can say the EXACT same thing, and they are all in same division...can The North boast that?

Now that we have sufficiently strayed off topic enough, lets get back to the real subject, please.
It's bad form to try and get the last word in, and then immediately plead to end the discussion with an air of superiority. My initial post didn't warrant a response at all, but I underestimated the fragility of a number of posters.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
The Panthers just did this with Vincent Trocheck.

Wasn't a good fit for Q, was playing uninspired hockey, coming off a significant injury.

Carolina traded for him and he's magically good again.

Its a combination of different things, not simply Calgary coaches aren't good or their GM isn't good....

Although Tallon definitely isn't the greatest

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Wasn't a good fit for Q, was playing uninspired hockey, coming off a significant injury.

Its a combination of different things, not simply Calgary coaches aren't good or their GM isn't good....

Vinny looks rejuvenated but he is not on a new career high points pace like Sam is.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

If there was one coach who could get Bennet playing to his potential, it's Quenville. He is one of the best with younger players.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Impossible, it’s 100% on the player if they don’t reach their potential, square pegs can fit in round holes if they work harder at it and if not they didn’t deserve it, player development is overrated

That’s what I’ve been told anyways

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I figured he was a near bust for good. Glad to be wrong tho. Might be less glad if I was a Flames fan lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad