Sale of the Sens - the renewal WC let us all down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
EM seemingly pulling back from the arena deal and hinting at staying at the CTC could have been a negotiation ploy with regards to selling the team/arena deal, working to sweeten the deal a little.

Interesting times indeed, and this stuff is actually fun to speculate about :)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe a new ownership group and Alfie possibly being a part of management again could convince Karlsson to stay long-term

Fingers crossed that this isn't just noise

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If we get a new owner and Karlsson is still gone, then I guess we would have been blaming the wrong person the whole time.
If we get a new owner, they will want to increase the franchise value and will be signing EK as priority 1.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Ladies & Gentlemen,

So the last thread was closed, I’ve DMd a couple mods to re-open it but haven’t heard back & I’m not an entirely patient person.
I’m happy to have this merged into that thread and have it re-opened.

The Sens are being sold. This is happening.

There will be a press conference in 2 weeks and the announcement will be made.
Open the thread & let’s let this play out.

If I’m wrong well, you can have all my vbucks, whatever you use them for...it’s possible I’m being trolled by a friend for laughs but I guess we’ll all find out together.
Whatever happens, I hope we can all remain anonymous friends.

I know this conversation took place, I know the person directly.
When asked point blank by a friend if the team was sold/being sold this was the response from Melnyks lips:

Sandra (not her real name) i can’t confirm or deny, make of that what you want, that’s all I can say right now”
- The Euge

I’ve also heard from another person separately who has good insight that he had heard new movement towards a sale.

That’s it. Yell at me, scream for joy, remain sceptical, call me a liar. It’s all good.
Just reopen that thread, and we’ll have some well documented laughs one way or the other when this ones over.
We can even try to keep politics out of it.

First name Susan last name Sherring?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I disagree. There was a deadline on season ticket renewals (late April I think??) . That's why they invited all season ticket holders. Because thousands of people were threatening to cancel, so they did the town halls to prevent that from happening. They even had Chris Neil and Chris Phillips calling STH's to convince them not to cancel. I have no idea how well it all worked though.

But then again you're right in the sense that they could have just re-renewed after the sale.

Hope these rumours are true!
lol

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Fingers crossed that the team will be sold and we can begin a new era with our team having a new arena, a re-signed Karlsson and being an attractive place to play for free agents.

Amen brother. Here’s hoping! Would be some of the best news I’ve heard in a while.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I think there's a good chance that something was completed at some point late this season, Anselmi just leaving in the middle of the night sounds like a good starting point of when things were underway. The NHL wants the playoffs to end before announcing a sale. They might also fear that Melnyk will go kicking and screaming, it would take away attention from the playoffs.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Would certainly rejuvenate a large portion of the fan base if this happens.

Here's to hoping, I'm willing to get my heart broken like a terrible break-up.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
This rumour from late November out of montreal (Max Truman-dans les coulisses) is looking more and more like it was the real deal...

Rumeur : Les Sénateurs pourraient être vendus au début de l’année 2018

"Selon mes informations de l’époque, Melnyk évaluait (sérieusement) la possibilité de vendre son club d’ici le printemps 2018."

"Une source m’a confié il y a quelques semaines que si les négos venaient à échouer entre le groupe d’Eugene Melnyk et la CCN, il ne faudrait VRAIMENT pas se surprendre de voir André Desmarais, Guy Laliberté et leurs partenaires tenter de faire l’achat des Sénateurs. Oui, oui… Vous avez bien lu."

"
Par contre – et je vais décevoir plusieurs personnes de Québec – je ne crois pas (du tout) que l’option déménagement soit sur la table présentement (même si Guy Laliberté est originaire de Québec). Dans un cas comme dans l’autre, les Sens semblent être à Ottawa pour y rester. Du moins, pour encore quelques années…
Et si jamais ils sont vendus, gagez que l’on déroulera le tapis rouge à Daniel Alfredsson. #MonPetitDoigtMeLADit"

I'd certainly feel more comfortable if it were an Ottawa based ownership group, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Anyway, I'm going to try and forget I ever saw this thread. Can't bear the disappointment if it's not true. Part of me is a bit skeptical that it's leaked onto hf boards before being mentioned on some "insider's" twitter. I'll be just as happy as everyone else here if true, though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd certainly feel more comfortable if it were an Ottawa based ownership group, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Anyway, I'm going to try and forget I ever saw this thread. Can't bear the disappointment if it's not true. Part of me is a bit skeptical that it's leaked onto hf boards before being mentioned on some "insider's" twitter. I'll be just as happy as everyone else here if true, though.

This team is not movig anywhere. An arena is built downtown one way or the other. If Melnyk goes forward with the project we have an arena downtown. If he decides to let gp of the project, the other bidder will built an arena like they had planned and every event (other than Sens game) will now be at that Arena instead of at CTC which will significantly reduce the income for Melnyk.

They will build an arena, Sens will play there. No chance they get moved to Quebec city.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I read the OP, he said we could have all of his vbucks, I immediately thought Fortnite...

I've learned from past sale rumours to not get too worked up. I'll jump for joy if/when it happens, but until then, I'm just going to sit under this here rock, close my eyes, and put my fingers in my ears and avoid the train wreck that this team is becoming.

Reactions: Hutz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad