Sale of the Sens - the renewal WC let us all down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It would be amazing.....but I'll believe it when it happens.

Too much crazy has happened with the Sens and the world in general over the past two years to completely believe (or discount) anything.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
9xHSO0I.jpg

The truth is out there...

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder whats going to happen with the scouting and draft if the team is sold.

I can't imagine (hope) Dorion and Randy Lee being kept on under new ownership. So i'm guessing Trent Mann just gets the final say?

I’m not sure new ownership would mean a change in the GM’s chair, especially since Dorion just signed a three year extension.

I would hope we add to our hockey operations department though. We need more scouts. I know Dorion said he likes having a smaller staff, but I can’t imagine he’d be against more scouts being brought in. I also wonder if he really meant that or not. Maybe he didn’t want to piss off the boss, so he was just towing the company line.

Reactions: Back in Black

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I’m not sure new ownership would mean a change in the GM’s chair, especially since Dorion just signed a three year extension.

I would hope we add to our hockey operations department though. We need more scouts. I know Dorion said he likes having a smaller staff, but I can’t imagine he’d be against more scouts being brought in. I also wonder if he really meant that or not. Maybe he didn’t want to piss off the boss, so he was just towing the company line.

Dorion is an NHL GM because of how cheap Melnyk is. I doubt that wealthy new owners would be too keen on retaining his services. I've alo been told that Alfie isnt a fan of the management.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Dorion is an NHL GM because of how cheap Melnyk is. I doubt that wealthy new owners would be too keen on retaining his services. I've alo been told that Alfie isnt a fan of the management.

I’m not sure if Dorion would be let go right away though. You don’t typically see teams fire their GM in the summer. There’s too much going on at that point. He might be in a tough spot if we don’t do well next year though.

Reactions: Hutz

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
So what did Alfie say? I missed that thread.

Wonder Carrot - I hope you are right. Please be right.

"We are hoping for a new owner" by "we" he meant himself and mayor Watson.

Then later that day Dan Greenberg, the Minto Greenbergs, tweeted "wow an ownership group involving Alfie?! That's something I'd definitely invest in!"

Reactions: Panic at the Back

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
"We are hoping for a new owner" by "we" he meant himself and mayor Watson.

Then later that day Dan Greenberg, the Minto Greenbergs, tweeted "wow an ownership group involving Alfie?! That's something I'd definitely invest in!"

Thanks Bean. From Alfie's lips...
So Greenberg and the Cirque people? What kind of $$$ are we talking about with these two groups?
Cap ceiling money?

Reactions: Bean Drown

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Thanks Bean. From Alfie's lips...
So Greenberg and the Cirque people? What kind of $$$ are we talking about with these two groups?
Cap ceiling money?

The rumored group definitely has cap ceiling type money. Whether or not they'd spend that, I have no idea. Dan Greenberg is the biggest Sens fan on the planet though. That lower box that's always bumpin with all the flags even when we're getting blown out is his.

Honestly, as a small market team I don't even expect cap ceiling spending. Just keep our marquee players, invest a bit in the front office, at least middle of the league type staffing, and just generally don't be a complete f***ing disaster. We're never going to be New York or Toronto, and I'm fine with that.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
This rumour from late November out of montreal (Max Truman-dans les coulisses) is looking more and more like it was the real deal...

Rumeur : Les Sénateurs pourraient être vendus au début de l’année 2018

"Selon mes informations de l’époque, Melnyk évaluait (sérieusement) la possibilité de vendre son club d’ici le printemps 2018."

"Une source m’a confié il y a quelques semaines que si les négos venaient à échouer entre le groupe d’Eugene Melnyk et la CCN, il ne faudrait VRAIMENT pas se surprendre de voir André Desmarais, Guy Laliberté et leurs partenaires tenter de faire l’achat des Sénateurs. Oui, oui… Vous avez bien lu."

"
Par contre – et je vais décevoir plusieurs personnes de Québec – je ne crois pas (du tout) que l’option déménagement soit sur la table présentement (même si Guy Laliberté est originaire de Québec). Dans un cas comme dans l’autre, les Sens semblent être à Ottawa pour y rester. Du moins, pour encore quelques années…
Et si jamais ils sont vendus, gagez que l’on déroulera le tapis rouge à Daniel Alfredsson. #MonPetitDoigtMeLADit"

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This rumour from late November out of montreal (Max Truman-dans les coulisses) is looking more and more like it was the real deal...

Rumeur : Les Sénateurs pourraient être vendus au début de l’année 2018

"Selon mes informations de l’époque, Melnyk évaluait (sérieusement) la possibilité de vendre son club d’ici le printemps 2018."

"Une source m’a confié il y a quelques semaines que si les négos venaient à échouer entre le groupe d’Eugene Melnyk et la CCN, il ne faudrait VRAIMENT pas se surprendre de voir André Desmarais, Guy Laliberté et leurs partenaires tenter de faire l’achat des Sénateurs. Oui, oui… Vous avez bien lu."

"
Par contre – et je vais décevoir plusieurs personnes de Québec – je ne crois pas (du tout) que l’option déménagement soit sur la table présentement (même si Guy Laliberté est originaire de Québec). Dans un cas comme dans l’autre, les Sens semblent être à Ottawa pour y rester. Du moins, pour encore quelques années…
Et si jamais ils sont vendus, gagez que l’on déroulera le tapis rouge à Daniel Alfredsson. #MonPetitDoigtMeLADit"

(online Translator)

' According to my information of epoch, Melnyk assessed (seriously) the possibility of selling the club from spring, 2018. '

' A source entrusted me some weeks ago if négos came to fail between the group of Eugene Melnyk and CCN, you would not really have to catch to see André Desmarais, Guy Laliberté and their partners to try to purchase Senators. Yes, yes You definitely read. '

On the contrary – and I am going to disappoint several persons of Quebec – I do not think (of the whole) that option move is on the table at present (even if Guy Laliberté is originally from Quebec). In a case as in other one, Senses seem to be in Ottawa to stay there. At least, for still some years …
And if ever they are sold, suppose that they will unwind the red carpet to Daniel Alfredsson.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
(online Translator)

' According to my information of epoch, Melnyk assessed (seriously) the possibility of selling the club from spring, 2018. '

' A source entrusted me some weeks ago if négos came to fail between the group of Eugene Melnyk and CCN, you would not really have to catch to see André Desmarais, Guy Laliberté and their partners to try to purchase Senators. Yes, yes You definitely read. '

On the contrary – and I am going to disappoint several persons of Quebec – I do not think (of the whole) that option move is on the table at present (even if Guy Laliberté is originally from Quebec). In a case as in other one, Senses seem to be in Ottawa to stay there. At least, for still some years …
And if ever they are sold, suppose that they will unwind the red carpet to Daniel Alfredsson.
What happened to your "Melnyk will never sell" stance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad