Sale of the Sens - the renewal WC let us all down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
the guy Yost points at just wrote on twitter:
"I offered to talk to you via DM. I can assure you I have no connection to the Senators organization . But it’s all good if you believe that and don’t want to chat"
Which makes sense, it's just a witch hunt.

There are 3/4 guys here that post in the exact same manner, nothing to see there at all

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Nobody from the NHLPA will make a point of calling Melnyk out on hiding finances. They don't care. He's lying to the fanbase, not to the players.

You do know that the Ottawa Senator members of the NHLPA are entitled to their share of the HRR right?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not when the NHLPA has representatives that have access to the HRR of the franchise, as per the CBA.
The suggestion appears to be charging justifiable operating expenses to the franchise and siphoning that money into another business, the arena. In this case, lockeroom upgrades would be justifiable expense for the franchise, and not a HRR for the Venue. Not sure the exact example is really feasible,

It's not like this would be the first time though, the NHLPA audited select teams back a few years ago (previous CBA I think) and found that some teams were cooking the books. Just like there will always be tax cheats, there will likely always be sports franchises trying to cheat the system, or finding loopholes to make more profit.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
the guy Yost points at just wrote on twitter:
"I offered to talk to you via DM. I can assure you I have no connection to the Senators organization . But it’s all good if you believe that and don’t want to chat"

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You do know that the Ottawa Senator members of the NHLPA are entitled to their share of the HRR right?

There are two separate issues here. He can tell the fans he lost 97 mil dollars while still making an overall profit on the combined revenues of the venue and franchise, without needing to lie to the NHLPA about HRR. There are, after all, revenues not considered HRR. For example, if the team decided to hedge back in 2009 and invest 1 mil in bitcoin, they'd be able to sell off and report zero HRR on the transaction, while still making a sizable profit.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Close this one up folks.
Sorry :(

Since it was clear it’s not happening in the timeframe i reached out.
I was told:
He’s keeping the team for now (I do not know if this means very short term, medium term etc)
Pissed at all the sale talk (I do not know if the two are related)
He’s extremely stubborn

I don’t know what changed, you know what I know. (Which is apparently nothing) though I do believe no one lied to me, and I certainly not to you.
Also...there is more bad news coming, however I’m out of the prediction business after this one (it was a short career) so I’ll sit this one out.

Sorry for being the bummer everyone, I was as off the charts excited as everyone else - with any luck there is still turmoil around the sale and it’s just not done yet.

Who wants my vbucks?

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Close this one up folks.

I was told:
He’s keeping the team for now (I do not know if this means very short term, medium term etc)
He’s extremely stubborn

I don’t know what changed, you know what I know. (Which is apparently nothing) though I do believe no one lied to me, and I certainly not to you.
Also...there is more bad news coming, however I’m out of the prediction business after this one (it was a short career) so I’ll sit this one out.

Sorry for being the bummer everyone, I was as off the charts excited as everyone else - with any luck there is still turmoil around the sale and it’s just not done yet.

Who wants my vbucks?

I am gonna need some whiskey tonight. It was a glimmer of hope. Thanks for sharing your info with us nevertheless. Melnyk can be pretty mercurial.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Close this one up folks.

I was told:
He’s extremely stubborn

Who wants my vbucks?

giphy.gif

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
He may say he's keeping the team. But itll be interesting to see if he can actually afford to keep it.
There have been rumors other then WC that the NHL has taken over payments right?

(Sorry I just need some hope right now)

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I am gonna need some whiskey tonight. It was a glimmer of hope. Thanks for sharing your info with us nevertheless. Melnyk can be pretty mercurial.

I guess that’s one more thing I can add, this may have had something to do with it breaking down.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Close this one up folks.

I was told:
He’s extremely stubborn

Who wants my vbucks?

You gave me hope, which is more than this org has given me in over a year.

Thanks for the try, keep us in the loop if you hear anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad