Salary Cap: Salary Cap/Roster Thread - As we look forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'd be interested in seeing what Letang could get. Still a top player on his day but his brain fades are something he needs to work on. I reckon he could get a 2nd + Top Prospect + depth player.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
#TeamKirk

kirk.jpg

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
God I hope so . . . on both counts.

EDIT: As noted, end of season, I was told the only one who wanted Letang to stay was Letang. But, it's been totally quiet the last month. Nothing would surprise me where Letang is concerned.
His Wife is due this week too so I doubt hockey is on his mind. Hopefully JR has his acceptable team list handy.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I really don’t want us to trade kessel... Not this year at least.

Letang? Yes please.

It could be the right time to though. His value should be at its highest right now and we can still have a better or team moving forward.

JR knows what he’s doing, most of the time :)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I like Skinner but pursuing him seems... odd. It feels like just about the last type of move I would have made after this last postseason.

I mentioned this yesterday. You look at our team, and who are the 3 edgiest players we've got. I'm not talking tough guys. I'm talking guys who are pricks to play against in the Hornqvist vein. I argued the top 3 is Horny, Geno, then Sid. Oleksiak is big but plays soft for his size. ZAR hits, but there's no nasty to his game. Jake and Rust will go at guys, but when it comes to nasty/edgy/a little dirty . . . whatever you want to call it, it's Horny, Geno, Sid, and that's a testament to the mix being wrong up front and overall. Like you, I don't see how getting Skinner augments the mix, unless there are other moves (e.g. Phil) designed for that purpose.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
man, Letang is such a weird case. if not for the mental gaffes and injuries, his contract would likely be the steal of the league.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’m excited if Letang gets traded. Would be nice to see him go dominate somewhere else so people can stop saying Crosby and Malkin made him.

Also, I think our D needs a mix up. Any player outside of Dumo should be up for grabs.

It’ll be funny if Schultz’s falls flat on his face and the “please god” move Letang crowd starts eating him alive.

Reactions: Riptide

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’m excited if Letang gets traded. Would be nice to see him go dominate somewhere else so people can stop saying Crosby and Malkin made him.

Also, I think our D needs a mix up. Any player outside of Dumo should be up for grabs.

It’ll be funny if Schultz’s falls flat on his face and the “please god” move Letang crowd starts eating him alive.

Agree 100% with the bolded.

Also think the mix up front needs tweaked.

Letang to Edmonton for Klefbom + would be like the archetypal Chiarelli trade for what it's worth.

Klefbom + 10AV would be the archetypical Chiarelli trade. :popcorn:

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Letang to Edmonton for Klefbom + would be like the archetypal Chiarelli trade for what it's worth.
i would like a deal around #10 overall and a solid roster defenseman. i think JR can massage that out of Chia lol

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Only reason we should go after Skinner is if we have a deal lined p afterwards. For example, Kessel to Wild for Nino/coyle/zucker +

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Yeah, if Chi offers up 10th overall and Klefbom I don’t see how you can’t take it for Letang. Future and current top four D. Just please make that pick count.

Knowing Rutherford he probably turns around and gives Carolina 10th overall for Skinner or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad