Chara
Doughty
Keith
Doughty
Keith
Letang
Dumoulin/Schultz
Carlson/Orlov/Niskanen

You better have a sick top d-man, get luck as f*** (17 Pens) or have legit depth on every pairing (Caps) and a psuedo number one in Carlson.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Anyone watching the Penguins last year knows our D and subsequent shitty netminding more often than not were the real problems.

People passing the buck on Matt Murray need to get bent. That kid needs to put 2017-18 behind him and do what we know he's capable of. He was awful more than he wasn't. Fact.

Letang is 31, makes a lot of coin and is massively prone to injuries and freak medical conditions. He's not getting dealt, simply based on the fact the return wouldn't be good enough to warrant moving a true #1D, when D was a huge f***ing issue last year. It's lunacy.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
th

I'm both right now. :scared: Work your magic JR. Fleece some team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lidstrom
Gonchar
Keith
Chara
Doughty
Keith
Doughty
Keith
Letang
Dumoulin/Schultz
Carlson/Orlov/Niskanen

You better have a sick top d-man, get luck as **** (17 Pens) or have legit depth on every pairing (Caps) and a psuedo number one in Carlson.

Caps top three was really, really good. I’d take Orlov here in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Turin

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Adrian Dater is reporting the Avs are closing in on a deal (gonna look for the tweet). Said it could be for a goaltender.

Either Grubauer or Anderson IMO. Probably Grubauer.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Anyone watching the Penguins last year knows our D and subsequent ****ty netminding more often than not were the real problems.

People passing the buck on Matt Murray need to get bent. That kid needs to put 2017-18 behind him and do what we know he's capable of. He was awful more than he wasn't. Fact.

Letang is 31, makes a lot of coin and is massively prone to injuries and freak medical conditions. He's not getting dealt, simply based on the fact the return wouldn't be good enough to warrant moving a true #1D, when D was a huge ****ing issue last year. It's lunacy.

You’re right on Murray. I don’t think you’re right on Letang. 50 point, cup winning dmen who play 25 minutes a night always have value.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I like Skinner but pursuing him seems... odd. It feels like just about the last type of move I would have made after this last postseason.

Have to hope JR's working the phones like Vishnu hatching some Machiavellian 3-way deal like the heist he pulled for Brassard.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Caps top three was really, really good. I’d take Orlov here in a heartbeat.

I’m willing to deal Letang for a Orlov/Schmidt package, maybe. Or a Trouba/Provorov (obviously and not happening) type of young player.. but just bringing in a second pairing guy could be disastrous.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Adrian Dater is reporting the Avs are closing in on a deal (gonna look for the tweet). Said it could be for a goaltender.

Either Grubauer or Anderson IMO. Probably Grubauer.
found it, though i'm probably sharing this in the wrong thread anyway.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
You’re right on Murray. I don’t think you’re right on Letang. 50 point, cup winning dmen who play 25 minutes a night always have value.

I agree he has value. But when he's being just average above the shoulders is a top 10 Dman in this league IMO. I don't think for one second another team is going to give us near enough value to make trading a top 10 Dman feasible. Especially when D is a big question mark heading into the year. If he was 26 I'd say he'd return enough. If he cost a bit less or didn't have an extensive medical history I'd say he'd probably return enough. None of those things are reality though.

Let's see what Letang does this coming year. He was pretty putrid most of the season, so IMO the chances he improves, at least somewhat is pretty strong given his ability and extra rest this summer provides. Just needs to clean up some of the mental lapses, which is the real wild card.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I agree he has value. But when he's being just average above the shoulders is a top 10 Dman in this league IMO. I don't think for one second another team is going to give us near enough value to make trading a top 10 Dman feasible. Especially when D is a big question mark heading into the year. If he was 26 I'd say he'd return enough. If he cost a bit less or didn't have an extensive medical history I'd say he'd probably return enough. None of those things are reality though.

Let's see what Letang does this coming year. He was pretty putrid most of the season, so IMO the chances he improves, at least somewhat is pretty strong given his ability and extra rest this summer provides. Just needs to clean up some of the mental lapses, which is the real wild card.

Even though he looked like an idiot, he still almost single handedly elevated the Pens from bottom 10 in possession last season to 5th this year. That’s not everything, but it says a lot that the Pens are dominating when he’s on the ice.. he just made ridiculous mistakes that negated that too often this year.

Reactions: Ogrezilla and Peat

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Anyone watching the Penguins last year knows our D and subsequent ****ty netminding more often than not were the real problems.

Letang is 31, makes a lot of coin and is massively prone to injuries and freak medical conditions. He's not getting dealt, simply based on the fact the return wouldn't be good enough to warrant moving a true #1D, when D was a huge ****ing issue last year. It's lunacy.

Our biggest issue on D is Letang. If he actually played like a true No. 1, which is the way our cap is constructed, we wouldn't be talking about the D being an abomination.

We have two options: trade Letang and fix the back end, or keep him and try to balance the scoring up front as much as humanly possible to try to outscore our mistakes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We will put a hold on this as the GDT is open for the Draft. :) This will re-open as a new thread after the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad