Pre-Game Talk: Turn the Page: Oilers at Kings Game 3 April 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I completely agree with this. Same reason they started out so terribly this year, they assumed they would just be good enough to win game and forgot to try. Then they knew they had no choice but to save themselves and won 16 in a row…. And then kind of half-assed the latter part of the season

Yup but I want to clarify game 2's result was not from a lack of effort on the Oilers behalf. They worked hard. They worked hard to start the year too. It's why we see these losses where the deserve to win o meter is so lop sided. It's not an effort thing. It's a mental block imo.

The Oilers are Immature not from inconsistent efforts. They are immature in keeping their focus and urgency in the details of the game. They get their game and it leads to success which causes their mental game to get complacent.

Leon Draisitl CAN backcheck fantastic. He can play Defense fantastic I believe. But he only brings that game when he's guilty from the lack of it. Same with Bouchard. He lost the details of his game in game 2 and while I don't fault his efffort. Their maturity to execute each play like it matters I do question. These two players are examples but others are guilty of this as well.

There's skating hard all over the place and then there's a willingness to acknowledge that EVERY play on the ice matters. Leon and Evan can forget that at times. So you see games where they make what appears to be such egregious errors and a reputation for being your own worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad