Salary Cap: Salary Cap/Roster Thread - As we look forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That’s a valid point too. I do really like Jarry and would like to see him for another year playing some more games.

I’m not sure we’d get as good of a prospect that would be worth moving him though.

It depends on who you go after, I think Buffalo makes the most sense, they're in some major make or break summer right now with Eichel being pissed at the current state of affairs with the team.

This draft is huge for them, they have two 1sts that they can really use to get the right 2 guys in right away or at least 1 of them in right away. Their goaltending, there really isn't another good young goalie to go after outside of Grubauer who likely could be a guy a team like Islanders would pay for and have more to use that could help the Capitals vs say the Sabres.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Happens when I refresh the page even though I clicked stay logged in. If I click on links I stay logged in but I’m so used to refreshing or using the address bar. It annoys me too
Yeah if I close the tab, i have to log back in when I visit the site again. It's been going on all day, I believe @Clare2904 mentioned this happening to her too in the NHL thread.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is that even a thing anymore? Any team making a trade has to think they're improving toward their goal. If it's at the expense of a rival, even better!

Let me remind you.

During the Expansion draft, Columbus tried to "bribe" Vegas with some compensation, to get Bryan Rust from us, then to flip him to the Jackets. Vegas wasn't about to ruin a relationship with the Pens, of whom were trading them their first "Franchise player" in the expansion draft.

If you think "that sort of thing" doesn't exist, it does. It definitely does. You forget, some teams didn't want to trade with the Penguins because they didn't want to aid in their 3rd cup, I think Bergevin was one of the GM's that mentioned it as well. That and Panarin for Kessel is just, that's one of those deals that definitely makes the Pens better, it makes Columbus better too, but it makes the Pens even better as Panarin is a guy that likely just slots up and down the top 9 better than Phil currently does (which is tough to say, as Phil is a fantastic winger).

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Good because I don't think they are going to move Kessel.
That writing is on the wall my friend, whether you want to believe it or not. Phil Kessel is good as gone. They've said much better things things about much worse players on their way out...and you know that. This is how they operate.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That writing is on the wall my friend, whether you want to believe it or not. Phil Kessel is good as gone. They've said much better things things about much worse players on their way out...and you know that. This is how they operate.

1. That is an absolute shit way to operate for a team that seems to hold itself so high in their own minds, when they really aren't.
2. I don't see it that way and if they do trade him, it better be for a f***ing kings ransom.
3. Another year, another bull shit move that removes a winger for Malkin who gets a rotation because this team is still f***ing dumb as shit with giving him a unit to work with.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

How many of those players had an 8 team list to trade too? Phil has a lot of say on anything that happens. Then it’s how much effect does that have on his value. JR will still want a good deal. He doesn’t have to “win” the deal but it still has to be really good.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I think Domi's closer to Rust + Simon in value than Galchenyuk, to be fair. Arizona was right to take Montreal's silly offer, but without Bergevin being a dummy, I think Arizona thinks about Rust + Simon.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Source: Penguins Surprised, Made Strong Offer for Max Domi

Sheary or Rust plus Simon according to this. Rust and Simon would have been a good deal for Arizona. They got a fantastic deal though.

If we had of got Domi with Sheary involved that could have been a typical JR steal.
Rust+Simon still isn't a good deal for them. Simon doesn't hold much value and Rusty is too injury prone.
As for Sheary and Simon package, did JR get this idea from this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad