Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building - The Undisputed Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm not a big Subban fan, but for that cost and with so much cap space, that's pretty good.

Reactions: pensfan71

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Who's going to fill in 2nd pair RD for the Preds? Ellis moves to 1st pair RD now. If we could get someone to fill Schultz spot I'd trade Schultz for cap space.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
People handwringing the Marleau deal need to realize this is why they paid a 1st. They get Kappy, Johansson and Marner signed.

The tough thing is if that's the price to get rid of Marleau there is no way we're getting rid of JJ without doing the same.

That's what I expected all along of course but some people thought we could get rid of him for less. Doesn't appear to be the case.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
And NJ's got it in spades, so for them, cost is really a non-issue. Even if you think PK is overpaid, it really makes no difference for NJ, assuming the owners are cool with paying it.

Rooting for a team desperate for good D, it's quite disheartening seeing guys like Trouba and Subban going for firesale prices and we can't get in on it. But yeah for Subban at full price we wouldn't be able to do it even if we technically had the space unlike NJ.

Hopefully, the sale of D's are not finished and a couple of them ends up here.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The tough thing is if that's the price to get rid of Marleau there is no way we're getting rid of JJ without doing the same.

That's what I expected all along of course but some people thought we could get rid of him for less. Doesn't appear to be the case.

If that's the cost to get rid of JJ without retaining, then just buy him out. :dunno:

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Who's going to fill in 2nd pair RD for the Preds? Ellis moves to 1st pair RD now. If we could get someone to fill Schultz spot I'd trade Schultz for cap space.

I'm guessing Dante Fabbro long term but next season I imagine they'll rely heavily on Ellis, Josi and Ekholm and then try to add at the deadline.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Buy him out, isn't it 1M in cap space for 8 years?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rooting for a team desperate for good D, it's quite disheartening seeing guys like Trouba and Subban going for firesale prices and we can't get in on it. But yeah for Subban at full price we wouldn't be able to do it even if we technically had the space unlike NJ.

Hopefully, the sale of D's are not finished and a couple of them ends up here.

That’s what happens when you give JJ money and overpay for Schultz etc

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If that's the cost to get rid of JJ without retaining, then just buy him out. :dunno:

Agreed. I think JR won't do either as doing either admits he made a huge mistake and he was so arrogantly smug about how the Pens had their own analytics that said JJ could be good.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm guessing Dante Fabbro long term but next season I imagine they'll rely heavily on Ellis, Josi and Ekholm and then try to add at the deadline.

Beat me to it. Yup. That's Fabbro's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad