Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: SPEED, YOUTH, AND POSITIVITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
if we give AHLer chiasson more than league min...and then trade Rust because of it...and get slower. I'll be done with JR.

signing slow tough guys who suck.

Reactions: ownal

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Molinari reporting that Cullen met with Pens "upper management" last night. Hold on to your butts!

Maybe he's discussing a scouting/coaching job or something.

I mean...he was fantastic as the 4C from December on.

no risk in bringing him back at 600k, he was a solid player this past season. Still has it...somehow.

But i dont want him blockng Blueger. Or the other young AHL guys like Di pauli, Johnson or Lafferty/Haggerty.

Time to just move on tbh. But it wouldn't be the worst thing to bring him back.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The Oilers are reportedly talking to everyone on Earth with a pair of skates that knows what a winger is and they aren't going after Chiasson. Maybe it's the Oilers doing Oiler things, but not a great sign...

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Myers to Vancouver for 5 years $30 million lmao... also I think we sign Tanev to a cheap deal today. He can play both LW and RW so it adds another versatile speedy forward.

Jake Sid Kahun
Galchenyuk Malkin Rust
McCann Bjugstad Hornqvist
Simon Blueger Tanev

Dumo Letang
Petterson Schultz
Riikola Gudbranson

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The Oilers are reportedly talking to everyone on Earth with a pair of skates that knows what a winger is and they aren't going after Chiasson. Maybe it's the Oilers doing Oiler things, but not a great sign...

Chiasson is a 12 goal, 24 point 4th liner.

Anyone overpaying for him are dumb.

He only had a career high because of PP time(15PPP) and time with McDavid, he'll never ever get that opportunity again.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Think he will get overpaid as most of these guys will, but he or Johansson at a reasonable deal would make me pretty happy.

Johansson if healthy is a top 6 talent.

That is the smart move. Get him on the cheap since hes been hurt a lot recently.

Also i think his game meshes with Geno, very good at finding soft spots in the Defense, very good passer.

Reactions: Trade

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The way it is worded sounds like they were trying but unsuccessful, but I don’t see why they would stop trying.

I bet they spent all day yesterday trying to ship off Johnson, but if they can't do that, they'll switch over to someone like Bjugstad or Rust to clear cap space.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Jake Sid Nyquist
Kahun Malkin Galchenyuk
Simon Blueger Tanev

Dumo Letang
Petterson Schultz
Riikola Strallman

Is there anyway moving Rust, JJ and Gudbranson (not all together in one deal) frees up enough space to afford this roster?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Jake Sid Nyquist
Kahun Malkin Galchenyuk
Simon Blueger Tanev

Dumo Letang
Petterson Schultz
Riikola Strallman

Is there anyway moving Rust, JJ and Gudbranson (not all together in one deal) frees up enough space to afford this roster?

Yeah, that should come in under just about... oh wait, missed Tanev, maybe not. Would be close.

And I would honestly prefer Gudbranson to Stralman on his likely contract.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Stralman doesn't make much sense for the Penguins because he's only a RD I believe and they're already spending a boatload of money on their RD. If they're trying to clear cap space for a 2nd tier UFA, I think they're going after someone like Johansson and trying to move Rust or Bjugstad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad