Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: SPEED, YOUTH, AND POSITIVITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Please don't be Chia. :laugh:

Mackey was on the radio and said he expects the Pens to sign a vet who is a voice in the room. Said there are too many quiet guys in the room and they want someone who will speak up and guys will listen. Makes sense considering the stuff that's been said about the room and with Cullen retiring.

Who in this class would have any clout like that though?

To be fair, it's an Eklund rumor.

That’s what makes me less worried because dude is a straight Keystone Kop...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have a guess who the Penguins sign today: Jason Pominville. He fits both the 2-way bottom-6 forward and a "vet voice" for the room. He's 36 but he's coming off a good season with Buffalo, he'd probably get a similar contract to Perry (1 year at $1.5 million). His analytics paint him as both a good shot generator and shot suppressor. He's a very solid and well rounded player:

FuQHwnx.png

This team could use a Justin Williams.

I think Williams is probably going to be out of their price range, but I agree entirely. I think Pominville would basically be an Aldi's Williams that would fit with the cap.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The one thing I cautiously like about the idea is it might take us back to having our role players being freakishly good in one particular area rather than just okay in all of them. Particularly if they're a freakish forechecker.

Yeah, same. I'd like to see us have more role players who have a skill instead of just being hard working plugs.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, same. I'd like to see us have more role players who have a skill instead of just being hard working plugs.

Simon's got that, but other than that...? Even looking at the higher end role players like Rust and McCann, well I guess that fast is a skill, but they're still a bit vanilla, they don't turn it into anything monstrous.

I'll always love having well rounded intelligent players, but the balance might be off.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Simon's got that, but other than that...? Even looking at the higher end role players like Rust and McCann, well I guess that fast is a skill, but they're still a bit vanilla, they don't turn it into anything monstrous.

I'll always love having well rounded intelligent players, but the balance might be off.

McCann scored a lot of goals since he’s been here.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Players 35+ available as a UFA;

Marleau, Williams, MacKenzie, Kunitz, Hendricks, Stempniak, Cullen, Chimera, Burrows, Cammalleri.

Hendricks, Burrows, Cammalleri, MacKenzie are retired.

Marleau is San Jose or bust.

That leaves Williams, Kunitz, Stempniak, Cullen or Chimera.

Cullen and Chimera will probably retire. Stempniak isn't good enough.

Between Williams and Kunitz....

Of course, these are just eliminations of 35+ UFA Forwards

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Players 35+ available as a UFA;

Marleau, Williams, MacKenzie, Kunitz, Hendricks, Stempniak, Cullen, Chimera, Burrows, Cammalleri.

Hendricks, Burrows, Cammalleri, MacKenzie are retired.

Marleau is San Jose or bust.

That leaves Williams, Kunitz, Stempniak, Cullen or Chimera.

Cullen and Chimera will probably retire. Stempniak isn't good enough.

Between Williams and Kunitz....

Of course, these are just eliminations of 35+ UFA Forwards

You didn't include Pominville, who makes more sense than everyone there outside of Williams.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Well there goes the season...hopefully we get a good shot at Lafreniere....
sadly the Pens are good enough to make the playoffs while running on fumes. even if they missed the playoffs, they would be good enough to be near the middle of the league standings on talent alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad