Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: SPEED, YOUTH, AND POSITIVITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All this positive vibe... and it will come crashing down on 7/1 when JR does his next dumb FA signing. :laugh: Someone lie to JR and tell him he's 3.25m over the cap and only needs to move 1 player!

And don't forget Geno demanding a trade to Miami after FLA signs Panarin and Bob. :razz:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To be honest, I don't think JR is going to do something stupid on July 1st. All of his moves since November have all had the same focus: getting younger and/or faster. I think he only signs a speedy and younger UFA if he signs anyone, someone like Tanev.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We should really look at trading Hornqvist tomorrow before free agency starts. :sarcasm:

Reactions: John Titor

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
To be honest, I don't think JR is going to do something stupid on July 1st. All of his moves since November have all had the same focus: getting younger and/or faster. I think he only signs a speedy and younger UFA if he signs anyone, someone like Tanev.
Um all of them? Or do we have a 4 million dollar Erik Gudbranson sitting on our third pairing?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I think it will be telling as to what his future plans may be too. If he signs someone like a third line guy, I think that kind of seals the fate of a Simon or possibly Rust. I could see either one being swapped with a dman.

If Carolina misses the mark on a few, wonder a TVR / Rust swap would interest them. They get a good solid, speedy forward and they make room for Fleury, Bean, etc. Salaries aren't really an issue either. Gives us just a touch more.

Dumo-Letang
TVR-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson

or swap TVR/MP. Pretty decent defense there if you ask me. Then the idea would be JR sign Tanev or Danskoi on July 1st. Then package Simon+JJ for something. Would have suggested Ceci but...

Jake-Sid-Kahun
Galch-Geno-McCann
Tanev-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
ZAR-Bleuger-WBS

Dumo-Letang
TVR-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
JR only has one more obvious move to make (we all know what it is).

I'd be fine with him going into the season banking cap space and giving Pettersson a long look with Schultz. If it doesn't work out, oh well. We have cap space and assets to make an adjustment, and we know Pettersson works with Gudbranson.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think it will be telling as to what his future plans may be too. If he signs someone like a third line guy, I think that kind of seals the fate of a Simon or possibly Rust. I could see either one being swapped with a dman.

If Carolina misses the mark on a few, wonder a TVR / Rust swap would interest them. They get a good solid, speedy forward and they make room for Fleury, Bean, etc. Salaries aren't really an issue either. Gives us just a touch more.

Dumo-Letang
TVR-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson

or swap TVR/MP. Pretty decent defense there if you ask me. Then the idea would be JR sign Tanev or Danskoi on July 1st. Then package Simon+JJ for something. Would have suggested Ceci but...

Jake-Sid-Kahun
Galch-Geno-McCann
Tanev-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
ZAR-Bleuger-WBS

Dumo-Letang
TVR-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson

TVR is a RD...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anders Lee is going to be the next Okposo, Ladd, Clarkson, etc. He's going to get a super bloated contact that the team will instantly regret.

Him and Ferland should be at the top of the list of "NO!"

Clearly you're unaware that JR's favorite song includes the lyrics 'can't help myself' . . .

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
I am very worried about our plan for that cap space.

Honestly I would be calling Minnesota right now and seeing if they want to swap Zucker for Galchenyuk.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am very worried about our plan for that cap space.

Honestly I would be calling Minnesota right now and seeing if they want to swap Zucker for Galchenyuk.

Eyes on your own paper. I joked about that earlier. If it happened, then JR would be better off than the deal he originally tried to make with Minnesota. :laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gross. But probably. Hopefully we don't trade JJ til all the big ticket UFAs are signed.

I mean, there's been ZERO linking us to a dud like Lee so I'm not worried about it. The only things linked to us are el cheapo guys and even then the rumors haven't really been substantiated by anyone.

At the least, I think we're looking at a bottom 6 wing.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I would be very cool with adding Tanev.

Reactions: Dominance

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I would be very cool with adding Tanev.

I like Tanev but again, why are we looking for another bottom 6 forward? Once they sign Blueger, ZAR, and AJ we’re going to have 13 forwards...not to mention whatever offer Cullen has pending....unless they’re not going to re-sign one of them or are planning to trade another forward, it doesn’t make sense...now if a forward + JJ goes, that makes sense but then they should be bringing in a PMD first because that’ll be a desperate need...it’s a desperate need now...

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Anders Lee is going to be the next Okposo, Ladd, Clarkson, etc. He's going to get a super bloated contact that the team will instantly regret.

Him and Ferland should be at the top of the list of "NO!"

Totally agree on Ferland. Lee, idk. Could see him still being effective for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad