Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: SPEED, YOUTH, AND POSITIVITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
As expected not much regarding the pens in the leaked deals or rumours . But it bothers me we still seem to be looking for hard to play against bottom 6 players like Tanev, Chiasson or whoever else we are reportedly interested in. We need a right handed point producer, not another grinder.

Talisman

Nov 7, 2015
i would really like to see if Jr could somehow get nikita gusev to penguins jersye from vegas

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Williams, Chariot, Benn or Stralman are probably the most intriguing for low $ options.
Not really interested in bottom 6'ers. Ton here already and on Wilkes.

If JR found more $, Nyquist, MoJo or Dzingle.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Ok, now Kingerski is on the Pool Party train, says maybe the price comes down and the Pens nab him...saying he’s still a potential trade for him out there...giving the old Sprong defense for him..

Edit..Now suggesting maybe they do give up Rust and now have $7 mil to go after Stralman etc...lol

I'm beginning to suspect Kingerski must know somebody, because surely if you were inventing rumours, you'd invent a few about targets people might actually like. His rumour list reads like a Chia wet dream. Or maybe that's his customer base.

In any case, may he ever remain inaccurate.
Casey DeSmith is their man :popcorn:

I don’t put a lot of stock in Bobrovsky. Traditionally he’s looked like garbage in the playoffs. I sure as hell wouldn’t give him that money and term. I’d have went after Cam Talbot for a few seasons at a much cheaper rate to give more flexibility and see if Knight pans out.

We won with a rookie. Binnington just won the cup. Goaltenders are overrated.

Goalies are overrated if you're lucky enough to have a great rookie hanging around. Elsewise, you become Philly or Calgary.

Barkov hits UFA in three years, before Knight might even be in Florida. They probably struggle to keep him if they're not making playoffs in that period. Betting on making it without an able goalie is a risky business, and Talbot's not all that able.

Williams, Chariot, Benn or Stralman are probably the most intriguing for low $ options.

I dunno why Nyquist isn't getting talked about more.

Sign Stralman, trade Schultz, and move JJ. How is that not a massive improvement?

Because our D is based on puck moving and that's a big downswing. And also because unless you get Stralman for something unexpectedly reasonable, there's a sharp possibility of it being Johnson-esque before the end.

Reactions: Andy99

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I would honestly think if Strallman were brought in that Gudbranson would be the guy who gets dealt. I could see them thinking Strallman would kind of carry JJ on a pairing and limit the damages.

Dumo Letang
Petterson Schultz
JJ Strallman

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
I'm making myself believe that getting rid of JJ is the equivalent of Scuds for Daley and it will lead us back to winning the cup again... that's too simplistic of a solution but it's what I believe regardless.

Reactions: domaug

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'm making myself believe that getting rid of JJ is the equivalent of Scuds for Daley and it will lead us back to winning the cup again... that's too simplistic of a solution but it's what I believe regardless.
keep up the good thoughts, there is a shortage of that on these boards.:laugh:

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i believe i speak for all Pens fans on this board when i say i hope with every ounce of my soul that this happens

Reactions: Giant Yankee Pens

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
keep up the good thoughts, there is a shortage of that on these boards.:laugh:
What's funny is I actually remember people claiming that Scuds was like, the issue after the coaching change. Sounds so similar now. HF was right about Scuds. How hard is it for NHL GM's to see that 6 PMD isn't a bad idea? Like, I really want a team to do that and change the game like the pens did with speed in 2016. 6 PMD. Not 3 and 3 DFD. 6 PMD.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Benn looks Vancouver bound. We have been linked to Stralman but some trades must be on the table for that to happen for JR to consider it given he’s a righty.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
yeah, don't do it JR. i hope Mario has a rolled up newspaper and water gun ready to use on JR for players like that.

"No JR! Bad!"

I think you're going to need firmer preventative methods. Personally I'd just lock him in a room with no phone. One day hard solitary for crimes against the salary cap.

Reactions: domaug

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Still maintain that guys mentioned in UFA talk are just there to fill roster spots if trades go down. This one does seem weird though given he’s a RW. Seems like everyone can play RW on our team.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I will say... the one thing i did want was new assistant coaches. JR preaches change and culture... well? It can't just be alllll players when you get swept with literally no effort.

Halfway through that series was the first time I’ve ever thought we literally had no hope of winning a playoff game. So bizarre

Reactions: ColePens

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
please not Chiasson. 4th liner who got 20 goals for the 1st time in his career playing with Mcdavid. Has disaster written all over it....

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Molinari reporting that Cullen met with Pens "upper management" last night. Hold on to your butts!

Maybe he's discussing a scouting/coaching job or something.

ETA: he was tweeting a DK article. Says JR, Guerin, and Morehouse were there. Speculates that it could be to discuss a player development role.

Reactions: Peat

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
As of now when compared to the roster last year, the Pens have gotten younger by a half year. Despite the main cogs being a year older.

Cullen helps that a lot although he has an offer allegedly. Still deciding if his ridiculous in shape body is worth the pain for 1 more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad