Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | I like to do just like the rest, I like my sugar sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Cullen can play LW too, not just C. We need a LW every bit as badly as a C imo. So bringing in Cullen gives us flexibility for bringing in either one at the deadline.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Don’t care how bad Cullen’s been with the Wild, I’m confident he has another playoff run in him.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
People can change their minds. Maybe he didn’t choose the wild and it was to please the wife. It’s not working out. JR won’t get a better 4C.

But see, I don't wan't a 4C, Sheahan can fill that spot. I'm hopeful for a quality 3c. We want to accentuate our advantage at center, not stifle it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Cullen’s a 4C. If we’re getting a LW it needs to be a guy we can play on a scoring line. Ideally someone who can carry a third line.
Cullen did a good job every time we moved him to a scoring line the last two years. And he turned a 4th line of guys like Wilson and Kuhn into a decent scoring line.

Reactions: EightyOne

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I love Cullen and would take him back but I do have my concern if he's the center addition. Seems like we'd have two good 4th line centers and not that bonafide #3 that we're looking for.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I know I've made plenty of personal and professional decisions I've regretted almost instantly.

Lol.

I'd hold no grudge on a player like Cullen.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I love Cullen and would take him back but I do have my concern if he's the center addition. Seems like we'd have two good 4th line centers and not that bonafide #3 that we're looking for.

Would require another addition. Definitely.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Cullen did a good job every time we moved him to a scoring line the last two years. And he turned a 4th line of guys like Wilson and Kuhn into a decent scoring line.

I’m confident he can turn our 4th line into something decent. But no way do I want him in our top 6.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I’m confident he can turn our 4th line into something decent. But no way do I want him in our top 6.

Yeah 4th line minutes for the old man and as an extra winger at the end of the game if we’ve got a narrow lead

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
well it's a good thing we already have our top 6 filled out then.

We don’t but ok. We have plenty of guys who can play LW in our bottom six. Sheary with Sid is an off and on proposition. And Guentzel with Malkin and Kessel isnt a sure thing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We don’t but ok. We have plenty of guys who can play LW in our bottom six. Sheary with Sid is an off and on proposition. And Guentzel with Malkin and Kessel isnt a sure thing.
If we can't fill our top 6 wing spots with Sheary, Guentzel, Kessel, Hornqvist, and Rust, we are doing something wrong. Did the loss of Kunitz really drop that group out of forming a Cup caliber top 6?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

We have 6 top 9 wingers. I’m still counting Hags for now.

But we have to at a minimum get an upgrade at LW or 3C. Both would be cool but not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille