Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | I like to do just like the rest, I like my sugar sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Why not do both? Cullen wouldn't cost much to acquire. Get a 3C, get Cullen and keep Sheahan. Both Cullen and RS can play LW. That would also give us more flexibility in who to acquire as a 3C.

Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Hagelin - 3C - Kessel
Cullen - Sheahan - XXXX

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I’m sure Sheahan would do ok here eventually not sure about in time for the playoffs though. It would be great if we had a 3C already and had Sheahan for the 4th line. Give him some guys who are able to chip in offensively and it’d be a solid line. Kind of like how we used Schultz started lower down the order and as he got better he got a bigger role.

I have more faith in Hagelin turning it around quicker because he’s been better for longer in the past.

Eventually? He has 2g/7pts in his last 11 games - and none of them are him "leeching" off his wingers. He's doing "okay" here right now. I'm still not sold on him as a 3C, due to him needing to shoot/score more, but his overall game has been a lot better than "okay" - especially if we're talking about a 4C role.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why not do both? Cullen wouldn't cost much to acquire. Get a 3C, get Cullen and keep Sheahan. Both Cullen and RS can play LW. That would also give us more flexibility in who to acquire as a 3C.

Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Hagelin - 3C - Kessel
Cullen - Sheahan - XXXX

That’s even better. 4RW a fast speedy guy who has a decent shot. That’d be awesome and so good defensively too.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, I doubt his wife is some dictator who made her decision and it’s set in stone. His career is ticking down, it’s likely his last season and Minnesota isn’t doing anything.

So Pittsburgh should give up an asset for a guy who willingly chose a different team after winning two consecutive cups because he now has buyers remorse? Honestly I don't want him back. I thought his reasoning was faulty from the get go and now that things aren't working out as planned he might want to come back here?

If you looked at the MIN roster going into the season compared to ours there was no comparison. He had to know that before he chose them. Again, I'm not buying this whole charade. It's BS.

There are consequences in life when you make decisions. Sometimes you don't get a do over. I sincerely hope he doesn't come back here.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And if we can't do better than Cullen at this point (or before the deadline) we're not winning anyhow. There are plenty of other more viable options and even more in coming weeks.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Eventually? He has 2g/7pts in his last 11 games - and none of them are him "leeching" off his wingers. He's doing "okay" here right now. I'm still not sold on him as a 3C, due to him needing to shoot/score more, but his overall game has been a lot better than "okay" - especially if we're talking about a 4C role.

When I say OK eventually I mean confident in him long term as a 3C. He’s playing well now but it’s a short sample size and given his history mainly with scoring I don’t have that confidence yet. I doubt JR does either. If we weren’t cup contenders it’s not a big deal.

Someone’s posted a team that if we still had Sheahan at 3C but got a LW like Kane that could still work because we can put a lot of offense on his wings (we’d want to fix the 4th line too).

He’d be a great 4C anytime.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So Pittsburgh should give up an asset for a guy who willingly chose a different team after winning two consecutive cups because he now has buyers remorse? Honestly I don't want him back. I thought his reasoning was faulty from the get go and now that things aren't working out as planned he might want to come back here?

If you looked at the MIN roster going into the season compared to ours there was no comparison. He had to know that before he chose them. Again, I'm not buying this whole charade. It's BS.

There are consequences in life when you make decisions. Sometimes you don't get a do over. I sincerely hope he doesn't come back here.

Yes, if he can still be a strong contributor you do it. Or JR can be melodramatic and tell Cullen he missed his chance before slamming his phone down.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

Bit of a dramatic post. If Cullen was single he’d still be here I’m sure. If he wants to spend the last few months of his career here great. I’m sure our players and coaching staff would love it

To answer the question about giving up assets: if it makes us a better team to try and get a third cup in a row......**** yeah. Is he really going to cost a lot? Probably a 4th rounder.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, if he can still be a strong contributor you do it. Or JR can be melodramatic and tell Cullen he missed his chance before slamming his phone down.

Or, JR can find a long term solution for our 3c needs. Which I believe he's trying to do. If Sheahan is pushed to the 4th line we're back in business.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Bit of a dramatic post. If Cullen was single he’d still be here I’m sure. If he wants to spend the last few months of his career here great. I’m sure our players and coaching staff would love it

To answer the question about giving up assets: if it makes us a better team to try and get a third cup in a row......**** yeah. Is he really going to cost a lot? Probably a 4th rounder.

Don't you think we should aim higher and for a long term solution at 3c? If we go that route then we wouldn't need to entertain the notion of bringing Cullen back.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Or, JR can find a long term solution for our 3c needs. Which I believe he's trying to do. If Sheahan is pushed to the 4th line we're back in business.

Yeah.... finding a better 3C than Sheahan hasn’t been going so well and, as was briefly discussed, Cullen would still be a boost to the 4th even with a better 3C added.

Who slams cell phones? They are expensive.

Now, now, we all know JR has a rotary phone and considers it too modern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->