Salary Cap Crunch Part 2- The Capocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
These are the lines I'd like to see next year if possible. Replace TVR/Pokka with a Vet D if you don't like the youth. Replace McNeill/Danault with a cheap vet forward if you don't like the youth or one of them doesn't make the team.

Panarin-Toews-Kane
Saad-Teravainen-Hossa
McNeill-Danault-Shaw
Desi-Kruger-Hartman

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Johns
TVR-Pokka

Bowman will resign Oduya, then sign another cheap D vet. TVR will be on next seasons team for sure tho.

The Hawks will have enough cap space with Sharp, Bickell and Versteeg off the books.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
still not good enough for Sharp

Upgrade the 4th to NYR's '15 2nd previously acquired in the Yandle trade. It'll be in the last four picks of the 2nd round, so maybe add another pick in the '16 draft to help make up for that? Korpikoski can stay or go. Take him if you want him, or leave him out if you prefer.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
If you think that's nuts, scroll down to the "sign Niemi" part

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm expecting the following for Sharp...

Hawks send:
Sharp with the Hawks retaining nothing,

Hawks get:
A mid-to-late first,
A higher-end prospect

There might be some balancing on both sides, like the Hawks tack on a midround pick and get a late round pick back, or the Hawks include one of our redundant prospects in return for an even higher first round pick or a later pick as well. I highly doubt that we pick up anyone that has actual NHL experience under their belt for him, though.

For Bickell, I'm expecting....

Hawks send:
Bickell with the Hawks retaining nothing,
A redundant but promising prospect,

Hawks get:
A second round pick,
A possibly lower-tiered prospect for balancing purposes

His move will be all about the cap relief.

Nothingman*

You see what the Blackhawks defensive depth is right now? Oduya probably will be gone. Why move Seabrook as well?

Depends on how it plays out. If Sharp cannot be moved, etc. But you have Johns who is similar in size, more mobile, offensive as well. What we want and what is needed for cap relief is why I see this as the easiest option for Stan. And we get a first or more back as well.

Bickell....if we get a second for him I will be happy.

We will probably sign a vet for the bottom pairing at the minimum to rotate in the 7th D man. But make no mistake that with the TK contracts coming in we will be much younger next year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Obviously going to get a ton for Sharp. If he nets less than a 1st rounder I'd be shocked.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
hawkscap has a really interesting roster on hawkscap.com where he fit the Hawks under the cap while only losing Bickell and Versteeg while Sharp stays.

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Teravainen Kane
Panarin Shaw McNeill
Nordstrok Kruger Hartman
Danault

Keith Seabrook
Hammer Johns
XXXXX TVR

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
hawkscap has a really interesting roster on hawkscap.com where he fit the Hawks under the cap while only losing Bickell and Versteeg while Sharp stays.

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Teravainen Kane
Panarin Shaw McNeill
Nordstrok Kruger Hartman
Danault

Keith Seabrook
Hammer Johns
XXXXX TVR

XXXXX will be Reilly. Call it an offseason.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Teravainen Kane
Panarin Shaw McNeill
Nordstrok Kruger Hartman
Danault

Keith Seabrook
Hammer Johns
XXXXX TVR

A third of the roster has barely, next to, or no NHL experience and if Teravainen struggles as a centre, the Hawks have no room to add insurance. I'm one of Teuvo's biggest fans, but going into a season with TT, Krugs and Shaw behind Toews is serious trouble.

One of Sharp or Crawford is going to go. My bet is Crawford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad