Saginaw Spirit 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Not suggesting for a second that we are in the same category as London. They have a long track record of success and a proven product on the ice. I am, however, suggesting that over the last 2 to 3 years the impression of Saginaw has gone up dramatically. Also, based on the way London utilizes their first rounders, a Michigan making decisions would probably lean towards Saginaw and our window of opportunity.

You have a very good gm there. He gained experience in our local junior teams org. and actually grew up about a half hour from here.

Bag O Pucks

Sep 13, 2019
Without looking how many were American I could see a US junior team having an edge over Canadian ones for some American players who think Canada is some far off foreign land.

But sorry, you guys have a long way to go before you're depised by the rest of the league like the Knights org. :dunno:
As a person who has lived in Michigan my entire life I can assure you we find places like Texas or California to be far more foreign land-ish than Canada. I’m sure the same is true in other border states as well.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Best guess currently (of course there will be trades and what not but this would at least fill a lineup)

Perfetti-Suzuki-Import
Bloom-Jenkins-Antropov
Duhart-Baber-Codd
Fleming-Klein-Baker

Bulovs
Lipkin (17 year old picked this year who has a college commit. Late bloomer who I could see signed)

Millman-King
Smith-Import
Mancini-Jovanovic

Lennox
Andrekos
Oke

My understanding is Bulovs will be traded or play OJHL as he is not coming back to Saginaw

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
King and Jenkins are most likely and then it is a crapshoot for the third spot probably between Katic and Antropov. If Jenkins somehow makes it to AHL then the problem sorts itself out.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Does anyone know when the trade window opens? I'm wondering if there would be interest in any of our OAs to some of the mid-pack or lower end teams

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
As a person who has lived in Michigan my entire life I can assure you we find places like Texas or California to be far more foreign land-ish than Canada. I’m sure the same is true in other border states as well.
I think the same can be said for people in Southwestern Ontario. Live about an hour from Port Huron do lots of cross border trips for shopping and restaurants etc. Well used to do that anyway...... have more in common with Michigan natives then Western and Eastern Canadians in a lot of ways.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Don't know. It all depends on what happens with Jenkins.
Jenkins was playing well after his injury. We know he will give it his all but maybe they send him back like Coskey. If he has a good camp you never know?
Do you give up a 2nd and 3rd pick and not take Antropov? Katic had a good year as did Goldowski but can't see getting that much for them.
I'd like to see DD pick up thru trade or import draft a quality RW to play with Cole and Ryan.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
No RW in Saginaw today? The style they play you could take a lefty and put him on right side too.

Antropov, Bloom, Codd, Baber or evening an Import.

Who knows ....

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Jenkins was playing well after his injury. We know he will give it his all but maybe they send him back like Coskey. If he has a good camp you never know?
Do you give up a 2nd and 3rd pick and not take Antropov? Katic had a good year as did Goldowski but can't see getting that much for them.
I'd like to see DD pick up thru trade or import draft a quality RW to play with Cole and Ryan.

The Islanders have to decide to sign him or not first.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Reading the OTTAWA board and they sound pretty concerned about their team for next year ....which makes me wonder.....is it just me that thinks the Spirit will still be a very, very solid team challenging for a Championship??? Maybe all this time at home alone has scrambled my thought process.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Reading the OTTAWA board and they sound pretty concerned about their team for next year ....which makes me wonder.....is it just me that thinks the Spirit will still be a very, very solid team challenging for a Championship??? Maybe all this time at home alone has scrambled my thought process.[/QUOTE

No we are looking quite solid Saggy for next season. If in fact their is one. Maybe Lysol pucks and ice. Bleach instead of Gatorade and the boys should be fine.

Reactions: Saggy

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
No RW in Saginaw today? The style they play you could take a lefty and put him on right side too.

Antropov, Bloom, Codd, Baber or evening an Import.

Who knows ....

I could see Antropov as a definite possibility. If he doesn't fit the bill then trade or someone steps up their game saves us assets. He has played RW his share before.

Perfetti-Suzuki-Antropov
Duhart-Jenkins-trade
Bloom-Baber Codd
Fleming- Klien-import or prospect

Lennox-Best prospect

Millman-Smith
Mancini-King
1st import-Jovanovich I can see a trade if we don't get an import that might want to play with Perfetti, Suzuki, Jenkins. Will be a good season for the PP. DJ did such a great job on he PK he will be missed.
Fleming could really be a pleasant surprise. 6'3 194 . GP-40 G-19 A-26 Pt-45 in the OJHL. He has played 58 games for Barrie 18-19. He was part of he Suzuki deal.
Pretty close to bspragu thoughts. Bored so that's my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad