Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I agree with you.…..we can truly only look to the rookies to add a little to the pot as most are 16 and still learning the OHL game. I do think that guys like Katic and Goldowski "could" add a huge value as they are big strong dudes that IF they play physical they can wear out the other Team and generally have impact that like bcspragu said you wont see on the scoresheet. They need to realize they are there to play that role and not targeted for the "skill" role. It takes all these pieces to make a championship run.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
That is why all the Vets need to step up. from Gody and Katic to Coskey and Jenkins. Is it too much to expect more from the Oa's? 49's dad seems to think every one else need to step up but is it unreasonable to expect 1.5 pts per game or maybe 2? Having a few d-men that actually play D will help to.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
That is why all the Vets need to step up. from Gody and Katic to Coskey and Jenkins. Is it too much to expect more from the Oa's? 49's dad seems to think every one else need to step up but is it unreasonable to expect 1.5 pts per game or maybe 2? Having a few d-men that actually play D will
Bottom line we need a high end dman and high end center , the oa situation is covered , because they are not going to trade budsker/ I don’t think he brings value to any other team as an oa and the same with Webb, and Coskey will finish his season there with his no trade clause, so who we going to trade ? Going to have to give up young talent , Katic /golden don’t produce enough points to bring interest to other teams , your talking about trading away your future which I don’t think dd will even think about that , all we can hope for is bode to come back /Ivan to come back that will take care of backend , and yes the top guys will need to produce 80-100 pets this year to carry the offensive power

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Personally I think Wilde and Ivan both come back. Why burn a year with an injured D and Ivan has literally 6 goalies ahead of him

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Personally I think Wilde and Ivan both come back. Why burn a year with an injured D and Ivan has literally 6 goalies ahead of him

I agree, they both will be back. I see Busdeker being traded if that happens as it will get the rookies more ice. We need Webb in lineup. And I'd say just because Busdeker and Jenkins are buddies, that does not apply anymore.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
All I can say is I'm glad some of you guys aren't GM's. Trade away a 45/50 point forward who's already got 2 shorties this year. That's not even close to a solid idea.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Buzz is not going anywhere. If Bode comes back then Webb is odd man out.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Total dominance, keep-a-way all night. Got away with the BUG.
Lots of looks up to the rafters skating back to the bench.
Well done.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
merkley he is a game changer

Agreed in London we hope he “changes” the game for our opposition and not our own team? :laugh::laugh:Time will tell but the cost was minimal and we could if we had to cut him loose or try and flip him? Fingers crossed he brings his “A” game.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Keep on riding Frappier. !!

Sorry dude but Frappier was not good last night. The game should have been a 4 or 5 goal spread. Every time the Spirit got a goal there was an answer back by Ice Dogs. Not saying they were all the goalie's fault as that is never the case but to let 4 goals in on less than 20 shots is not what I would classify as a "great" effort

Reactions: three dog night

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

I think he may have been confusing Bode with an OA. But if we do bring in another OA (Prosvetov or anyone else) Webb is the odd man out for sure. Busdeker is relentless on the puck, wears an A, buddies with Jenkins, Michigan kid, plays up and down the lineup even on D, coaches love him . Only thing Webb has him beat on is size/toughness.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
At least Frappier is giving them a chance to win. 2-0 since coming on board. I suggest riding him until he loses.
Unless he has dramatically improved from last year, I'd still be looking for another option as a backup. His numbers took a big hit last night and will continue to fall I'd think. Best to just hope Lennox rediscovers his game.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
In Sudbury and Kingston he played behind some terrible defensively weak teams and saw lots of shots. On a better team with less prime time chances against he may be fine but really never got a chance

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Unless he has dramatically improved from last year, I'd still be looking for another option as a backup. His numbers took a big hit last night and will continue to fall I'd think. Best to just hope Lennox rediscovers his game.

Well thanks for not being our GM. Saginaw has started to put up some goals and they have plenty of fire power. If the D can be improving every night and we know you don't want Wilde to return so why worry about our backup goalie. He is 2-0 and gives some competition for Lennox to be even better. Lennox career is not determined on his first 4 games of the season. Believe it or not but we are #1 in the OHL Western division in points. Even though we have played a couple extra games 1st is 1st we will take it. If Wilde and Prosvetov come back thru some devine intervention or luck we are the benafactors.

Last edited:

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Nice comments Finster8....I'm buying what your selling....Go Spirit

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
A good challenge tonight against Oshawa a team that is unbeaten. Spirit will need their best players to show up and team D has to be spot on. Lennox had a good game against Erie and hope he continues to develop into the starter that can steal us a game here and there.
Perfetti is playing in his home town and needs a big game to get him back on track. He has 1 goal so far and nobody would have said after 7 games his goal total is 1. Porco and Jenkins are in the same boat just waiting to get going. Cardwell, Katic, Goldowski, Baber are playing with some intensity and those are the guys that we need to keep playing well. Taking pressure off Coskey, Giroux, Perfetti.
We need a 1st line center, when this is done is up to DD but it would make the team a lot stronger.
Busdeker playing D is OK for now but is a bandaid as he is a much better forward and we need to get some depth on D. Maybe Wilde returns and problem solved if not a trade will be needed to get the right guy. Go Spirit!!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Well thanks for not being our GM. Saginaw has started to put up some goals and they have plenty of fire power. If the D can be improving every night and we know you don't want Wilde to return so why worry about our backup goalie. He is 2-0 and gives some competition for Lennox to be even better. Lennox career is not determined on his first 4 games of the season. Believe it or not but we are #1 in the OHL Western division in points. Even though we have played a couple extra games 1st is 1st we will take it. If Wilde and Prosvetov come back thru some devine intervention or luck we are the benafactors.
No, I think Lennox is your guy and I think he'll rediscover his form and be fine. If Prosvetov comes back, you trade the volatile OA/Import goalie and keep the stud 17yo you'll be getting 3 seasons out of. My point was if it becomes a competition between Frappier and Lennox, things have went terribly wrong and you're in trouble. He might develop into a serviceable backup for Lennox but if you need to rely on him as a 1a/1b you'll be sending a pick/picks away for the third time this season looking for a netminder.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
A good challenge tonight against Oshawa a team that is unbeaten. Spirit will need their best players to show up and team D has to be spot on. Lennox had a good game against Erie and hope he continues to develop into the starter that can steal us a game here and there.
Perfetti is playing in his home town and needs a big game to get him back on track. He has 1 goal so far and nobody would have said after 7 games his goal total is 1. Porco and Jenkins are in the same boat just waiting to get going. Cardwell, Katic, Goldowski, Baber are playing with some intensity and those are the guys that we need to keep playing well. Taking pressure off Coskey, Giroux, Perfetti.
We need a 1st line center, when this is done is up to DD but it would make the team a lot stronger.
Busdeker playing D is OK for now but is a bandaid as he is a much better forward and we need to get some depth on D. Maybe Wilde returns and problem solved if not a trade will be needed to get the right guy. Go Spirit!!
Move Jenkins to left wing and baber to center cand Coskey on right,porco has no created ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad