Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Very good game and great attendance last night Spirit fans! Double Flint’s attendance.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Very good game and great attendance last night Spirit fans! Double Flint’s attendance.

Second half of the season usually see the attendance go up a bit. Get into the bigger weekends like shocks and saves (this weekend) and ice blast the 14/15th. Paul Bissonette and Nick Kronwall will be there so that should draw in decent crowds again. Probably wouldn't have been quite as much without these (still around 4000), but that's why you have them. Flint has some of these types of games yes? If not they'll probably add them as time goes on. Every team has their base die hards but sometimes you got to give the once a year fans a reason to go other than just good hockey.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Yes. Flint gets some of hose crowds on occasion. 2nd half has home games spread out a little more. That should help attendance. I live away or would be there every night.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Anyone notice that Windsor has lost four games in a row and is now battling Flint for second place??

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Is their a date that Wilde can no longer return? I noticed he has not played since Jan. 25 in Bridgeport, so he has been out for the last three games. At this stage Bode has played 19 games on arguably the worst team in the AHL. Development wise his return would give him quality TOI on Top 2 D, PP, PK and let him finish his senior year with a legit chance to have a few playoff games. He has gained valuable experience, knowledge and playing with men would put him in position to really prove how good he is to himself and his critics. PP would be scary. That's the last time I drink on a Thursday this week, promise.

Last edited:

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
That was an interesting end to the game for Lennox tonight...

Challenged the London goalie to a fight and got a misconduct? Nothing super interesting there. Pretty soft of the London goalie to stand in the crease with the refs backing him up and yelling at Lennox but not answer the bell imo.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Challenged the London goalie to a fight and got a misconduct? Nothing super interesting there. Pretty soft of the London goalie to stand in the crease with the refs backing him up and yelling at Lennox but not answer the bell imo.

Hes riding a 13 game winning streak and the team is on a 10 game winning streak. That's probably what he was yelling at Lennox. He would have been stupid to go.
As for Lennox, his antics were stupid and selfish. All it did was get him fome added time in the press box. He did nothing to help his team.

Reactions: Knights2729

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
McMichael had to physically restrain Brochu and talk him off the ledge. I've never been one to not enjoy a goalie war but in this case a fight would have been counter productive to London's agenda.

Reactions: TheCoach

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
McMichael had to physically restrain Brochu and talk him off the ledge. I've never been one to not enjoy a goalie war but in this case a fight would have been counter productive to London's agenda.

I mean I agree it would have been stupid for him to go, but to yell and keep the altercation going knowing your teammate has you and the ref is holding Lennox back after getting challenged is soft plan and simple.

As for not helping the team, game was already over. Nothing Lennox was gonna do to help the team in that game anyway. As for future games, Fraps starts anyway and will start the games Lennox will miss (2 tops) and maybe the boys play with some added jam seeing a locker room guy show some fire.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I mean I agree it would have been stupid for him to go, but to yell and keep the altercation going knowing your teammate has you and the ref is holding Lennox back after getting challenged is soft plan and simple.

As for not helping the team, game was already over. Nothing Lennox was gonna do to help the team in that game anyway. As for future games, Fraps starts anyway and will start the games Lennox will miss (2 tops) and maybe the boys play with some added jam seeing a locker room guy show some fire.
Lennox dancing at the blue line was very entertaining lol. If hockey isnt his thing maybe he could try contemporary dance?

Reactions: Knights2729

Mr Puck

Feb 17, 2019
After last night's game I figured this site would be full of London supporters. It was embarrassing to see Lennox act like that, almost seemed like a personal vendetta against Brochu, did he steal Lennox's girlfriend or what. Great win for London.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

I meant challenging every single person on the ice and then taunting the crowd while losing big. Why would Brochu ever fight him there? He’s won like 15 in a row and his team is winning big again. Let the frustrated goalie who’s throwing a tantrum continue to do that. No need to give him what he wants

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

How was your trip back from London?

BTW, before all the craziness happened, they announced a change in scoring to the 2nd Saginaw goal.

Goal should read scored by number 19 - Dalton Duhart, assisted by number 26 - Camaryn Baber....and add a second assist to number 43 - Davis Codd.

Of course, what does smart-ass Homer yell out?

T-BONE!!!!!!!!!

;)

HomerHawk67

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
BTW, before all the craziness happened, they announced a change in scoring to the 2nd Saginaw goal.

Goal should read scored by number 19 - Dalton Duhart, assisted by number 26 - Camaryn Baber....and add a second assist to number 43 - Davis Codd.

Of course, what does smart-ass Homer yell out?

T-BONE!!!!!!!!!

;)

HomerHawk67
T-Bone was also the nickname that George Costanza gave to himself after learning that all his office mates were given nicknames and he was left out. Mr. Codd a Seinfeld fan?
Back to the game: I thought Smith played a good game--had to look him up--never heard of him. I think it was him that made a really nice play to break up a 2 on 1. He quickly skated toward the puck carrier (Stranges?) before he could pass it off.

Reactions: StormWatcher

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Let's put this game where it belongs in the past. Hopefully, we meet up in the playoffs and that could prove to be quite a series. Time to focus on today's game. London is a good team that will be a tough out in the playoffs but so are we. Back to the drawing board.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Let's put this game where it belongs in the past. Hopefully, we meet up in the playoffs and that could prove to be quite a series. Time to focus on today's game. London is a good team that will be a tough out in the playoffs but so are we. Back to the drawing board.

No ... I call BS on this. Lennox was supposed to be our #1 tender...why is he not starting in this important game. For all those Lennox buom keisters ( the only way to get around not being considered hate4 speak ) who told us there was no need for Prosvetov to come back, and Lennox delicate psyche might be mentally hurt if said goalie should return ...Bumsquat. This kid has a second stringer outplaying him and is now acting Prosvetovian... I have to laugh!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
No ... I call BS on this. Lennox was supposed to be our #1 tender...why is he not starting in this important game. For all those Lennox buom keisters ( the only way to get around not being considered hate4 speak ) who told us there was no need for Prosvetov to come back, and Lennox delicate psyche might be mentally hurt if said goalie should return ...Bumsquat. This kid has a second stringer outplaying him and is now acting Prosvetovian... I have to laugh!!!

Who cares if Lennox was SUPPOSED to be the number 1? stuff doesn't always work out like it's supposed to. Frappier was 16-6-1-1 going into that game. That's why he started. You can call him a second stringer all you want but that doesn't change that fact that he's getting the job done more often than not for us.

Bad game. They'll learn and move on. I doubt they'll over react to this despite this giving some folks something to complain about for this first time in a while.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

Swoopster, this is one game and we didn't perform. Calling BS because you don't agree with what I have to say is beyond childish. We can't change what happened but can learn and play better. Let's hope he develops over the next 18 games. No guarantees on any prospect? We aRe all wanting the best for the team.

Reactions: dmead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad