Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Bologna sandwiches to to the both of you. Kingpin you are full of it. When Frapier was signed...YOU TELL ME...what was his role? What happened? Yes, Lennox was hurt and I will give him that, but now we are 3/4 into this season.

and thin skinned Finster,... not every comment I make has a target pointed at your back, please lighten up. I mainly disagree with the idea of lets just pass it off, when stupid antics by a previous goal tender came up for high ridicule. Clown behavior has resulted in a 2 game sit for young squire Lennox. Great time of year to act out.

Last edited:

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I hope someone remembers that #9 Zhilin took Jenkins out for 4-6 weeks with a dirty hit. Im fairly confident that Jenkins would have made him answer the bell tonight but he is suspended. I hope someone steps up in his place to show dirty hits have reprocussions.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I hope someone remembers that #9 Zhilin took Jenkins out for 4-6 weeks with a dirty hit. Im fairly confident that Jenkins would have made him answer the bell tonight but he is suspended. I hope someone steps up in his place to show dirty hits have reprocussions.

Who on Saginaw is going to do this?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

I think that last night proves that Saginaw should just focus on playing hockey, not gooning it up.

Reactions: Otto

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Two big points tonight as Perfetti scores in OT for a 3-2 victory. Frappier stops 21 of 23 shots for the victory.
Lennox has not played like he can since the Hlinka Tournament where he was injured and never really regained his form. As far as his antics last night, it's an emotional game and not something I have seen in his character before. I am glad that we have a back up that can win a game or more regardless of what Lennox does or doesn't.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Bologna sandwiches to to the both of you. Kingpin you are full of it. When Frapier was signed...YOU TELL ME...what was his role? What happened? Yes, Lennox was hurt and I will give him that, but now we are 3/4 into this season.

Again, I don't care NOW what his perceived role was at the start of the season. That should hold zero weight when the coach is deciding who to play. He's winning games. Expectations and arbitrary pre season labels don't play games. Players do. That's why Katic is a great depth forward for us this season after being an 8th round pick. That's why Busdeker has been so important for us despite not even being drafted in the OHL.

Reactions: Finster8

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Let me paint the picture. On 4/20/19. The Playoffs. Ivan Prosvetov knocks the puck out of the rink in a baseball like swat and incurs a 5 game suspension. Lightly used first round pick Tristan Lennox comes in and admirably stands on his head to hold off the inevitable... a Guelph series win. At this point all of Saginaw has turned on Prosvetov. Yes, the same fan base that cheered and loved every one of his questionable antics, from egotistical net tipping, to moon walking arrogance, and on one night, when I was there , fight instigation. Yet, through it all, he was a well loved quirky character, soon to be made legend.

Then the playoffs...Lennox, out of nowhere, stands up against the odds and almost single handed wins the series. Prosvetov is done, useless, and we want him out... the kid is our future. Added to that, his family is put out if Prosvetov returns.

Fast Forward:

Prosvetov has signed with the Coyotes and makes the AHL club. Saginaw possibly didn't plan on this, and low and behold, Lennox is now #1. We have no backup in the system, so enter Marshall Frappier, with a 3 year career record ,with stints up and down, and an OHL record of 6-22.

So, the Spirit brain trust has acquiring this kid, who is now our #1 tender, in a truly genius move ( because you have no doubt as to their ability to read the tea leaves )

So here is Marshall Frappier.... and hope he does great in this feel good story, but don't for a moment get lost on what you will vilify and accept.

So, again to the fan base, are we in a redo of what is passed off as "acceptable" ...take a good hard look.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Let me paint the picture. On 4/20/19. The Playoffs. Ivan Prosvetov knocks the puck out of the rink in a baseball like swat and incurs a 5 game suspension. Lightly used first round pick Tristan Lennox comes in and admirably stands on his head to hold off the inevitable... a Guelph series win. At this point all of Saginaw has turned on Prosvetov. Yes, the same fan base that cheered and loved every one of his questionable antics, from egotistical net tipping, to moon walking arrogance, and on one night, when I was there , fight instigation. Yet, through it all, he was a well loved quirky character, soon to be made legend.

Then the playoffs...Lennox, out of nowhere, stands up against the odds and almost single handed wins the series. Prosvetov is done, useless, and we want him out... the kid is our future. Added to that, his family is put out if Prosvetov returns.

Fast Forward:

Prosvetov has signed with the Coyotes and makes the AHL club. Saginaw possibly didn't plan on this, and low and behold, Lennox is now #1. We have no backup in the system, so enter Marshall Frappier, with a 3 year career record ,with stints up and down, and an OHL record of 6-22.

So, the Spirit brain trust has acquiring this kid, who is now our #1 tender, in a truly genius move ( because you have no doubt as to their ability to read the tea leaves )

So here is Marshall Frappier.... and hope he does great in this feel good story, but don't for a moment get lost on what you will vilify and accept.

So, again to the fan base, are we in a redo of what is passed off as "acceptable" ...take a good hard look.

Dude. What do you want?

We're leading the division and Frappier is winning us games. Lennox has several years of junior hockey left in him and development isn't linear so there's no reason to give up on him long term.

If you're worried about people vilifying players, go over to Flint's board and watch them back the bus over any and all former players.

BPFox

Nov 21, 2014

Tristan Lennox was not a first round pick. He was a second round pick. Perhaps you have heard of our first round pick that year. A guy by the name of Cole Perfetti. Remember that name, the kid is going places.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Bode changes many things, 6'4 200 plus playing 20 games in the AHL. He was awesome last year and will do more this year. He is exactly what we need and arguably the best D in the league.
Swoopster, l was just wondering if he did return how much does that make the team better? We know it will help. As far as anything else it's water under the bridge.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Finster,
I hope he is coming back to us healthy. He has missed his last few starts and there has been speculation of an injury...lets hope not.

THE POWER PLAY!
THE Power play !
the POWER play!

If he has improved, lugging the puck out of our own end.

A stabilizing factor for the rest of the D.

A physical presence to be feared.

A chance for the youngsters at the back end to see what it takes.

The hope that we can ride it out with our present net minders, if we can take some pressure off of them.

A few of the older vets enjoying his arrival.

All good.

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
Bode changes many things, 6'4 200 plus playing 20 games in the AHL. He was awesome last year and will do more this year. He is exactly what we need and arguably the best D in the league.
Swoopster, l was just wondering if he did return how much does that make the team better? We know it will help. As far as anything else it's water under the bridge.

Hopefully your goalie doesn’t beat him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad