Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Jan 12, 2018
London
Well your team just received a significant upgrade on defense. I look forward to a possible playoff meetup.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Huge “get” for Saginaw. In London we had to give up some draft picks to get our guy you get your guy for free!

Drastically changes your “D” in one transaction. Kind of glad we are done playing you until the potential playoff matchup.

Cheers and good luck. Personally I didn’t see what your goalie did in London as anything really? So he wanted to scrap big deal. Get it out of his system now rather then later on in the season or playoffs.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Huge “get” for Saginaw. In London we had to give up some draft picks to get our guy you get your guy for free!

Drastically changes your “D” in one transaction. Kind of glad we are done playing you until the potential playoff matchup.

Cheers and good luck. Personally I didn’t see what your goalie did in London as anything really? So he wanted to scrap big deal. Get it out of his system now rather then later on in the season or playoffs.

THANK YOU! I feel like I was taking crazy pills with some of the comments on a Spirit facebook group. Kid was frustrated with the refs on the skate blade call (which was correct, but none the less infuriating) and him continuing the altercation later got him 2 games. It is what is, noone here knows what was said on the ice either. I'm sure it was handled between him and the coaching staff. Saginaw is 1-0 during his suspension so they will be just fine.

Looking forward to future London-Saginaw match-ups as I think both of them are tops in the conference especially now with Wilde back in the fold. Cheers.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
With the addition of Wilde,, what will Busdeker's role be? Keep him on D and or put him on the 2nd line with Giroux and Jenkins?

Perfetti Suzuki Coskey
Giroux Jenkins Busdeker
Katic Antropov Goldowski
Bloom/Codd Duhart Baber If we move Busdeker back to D then move Baber or Duhart up?

Solovyov Wilde
Millman Webb
King Smith Mancini If Smith plays well Busdeker sure looks good on the 2nd line.

Lennox Frappier
Any other thoughts?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Power Play D when Wilde is out there.

If I had to guess the PP will be Wilde at the point, both Cole's on the top of the circles, Giroux in front, and Suzuki behind the net. Similar to what they have been running but Wilde's shot from the point is a way deadlier weapon than Ilya and Millman. Will take alot of heat of the Coles and give them some more room to make plays

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If I had to guess the PP will be Wilde at the point, both Cole's on the top of the circles, Giroux in front, and Suzuki behind the net. Similar to what they have been running but Wilde's shot from the point is a way deadlier weapon than Ilya and Millman. Will take alot of heat of the Coles and give them some more room to make plays

Well you nailed that prediction. Wilde with a beautiful one timer on the PP.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think Malik will be disappointed that he let in 2 or 3 on the short side last night. That being said, those shots were pure quality even though they came from the outside. Wilde's power play goal and the other goals he really had no chance.

Reactions: bcspragu

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I think Malik will be disappointed that he let in 2 or 3 on the short side last night. That being said, those shots were pure quality even though they came from the outside. Wilde's power play goal and the other goals he really had no chance.

The only one that would be considered "weak" was Giroux's backhand goal to take the lead. 4 of them are defensive break downs, 1 was the PP goal, and 1 was EN. Not much he's going to be able to do to help change many out comes. I'm sure he'll still be a stellar goalie next year but seems weird that he didn't wait to come over until then.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Politics in the Czech. Sometimes you have to play by their rules if you want an opportunity to play for your country.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Back to back games giving up 5 goals , not good pp still not good and pk hasn’t been the best either , I would keep perfittie at center as it seems he can create plays or do it himself , move Jenkins with Coskey and Suzuki, willl make it very hard for Kitchener ,

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Back to back games giving up 5 goals , not good pp still not good and pk hasn’t been the best either , I would keep perfittie at center as it seems he can create plays or do it himself , move Jenkins with Coskey and Suzuki, willl make it very hard for Kitchener ,
It does make sense giving the opposition two lines to match
Giroux Perfetti Busdeker
Jenkins Suzuki Coskey Some sort of version of the top 6. You can always switch it up as to who is playing well, opposition, etc.
Team defense should be top priority for Lazary. Let's face it and hope our goalies start to pick the pace up and steal us a game. We can score just need to steadily improve the team D and help our goalies as much as possible and hope 1 peeks at playoff time.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
We are too predictable. Playing Line #1 more than half the game is going to hurt us in the long run too. We have depth but Laz refuses to use them productively.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Really good bounce back game last night.

After Flint and Kitchener This weekend, the schedule eases up a bit over the next few weeks: Barrie, Sudbury, North Bay, Kingston, Hamilton x2, Missy, Erie before we get Windsor on March 12.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
So between us, Windsor and Flint, this is what each has left:

Flint: SAR, NIA, MISS, KIT, SAR, HAM, KGN, OS, WSR, SOO, LDN, ER, SAG, KIT, ER

KIT x2, LDN, WIN, SAG

Saginaw: BAR, SUD, NB, KGN, HAM, MISS, HAM, ER, WSR, ER, SAR, FLINT, SOO, WSR

WSR x2, FLNT

Windsor: OTT, SAR, LDN, BAR, OSH, SOO, GUE, KGN, OS, FLNT, KIT, SAG, GUE, OS, GUE, SAG, SOO

OTT, LDN, FLNT, SAG x2

We have arguably the easiest schedule left of the three while Windsor and Flint have similar schedules left but everybody still has points they can pick up on each other head to head still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad