Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
The addition of Suzuki and Jenkins return gives us strength down the middle. Wilde would certainly add to the PP and still not sure if he comes back. If he does he gives us some depth at D. Good to see Suzuki get back into a top prospect like he is. Perfetti Suzuki Coskey, Giroux Jenkins Antropov also strengthens the bottom 6. Katic Duhart Goldowski, Bloom Baber Codd

Solovyov Wilde
Millman Webb
King Busdeker Smith

Mr Puck

Feb 17, 2019
The Islanders signed Wilde to a three year entry level contract, if they send him back they lose a year on his contract, makes no sense to send him back to Saginaw.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The Islanders signed Wilde to a three year entry level contract, if they send him back they lose a year on his contract, makes no sense to send him back to Saginaw.

"If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to 'slide', or extend, by one year."

As long as he doesn't play 10 games in the NHL this season, his contract slides whether he's playing AHL or Junior. They can send him back and no years are burned off his ELC. Same thing happened with Zadina last season. Played a handful of games for the Wings but was sent back to the AHL before he got to 10 games. ELC slid.

Reactions: HockeyPops

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA

I may be wrong, but I don't believe that is correct. If he were to come back to the OHL, his three years would slide to begin the next year. It might be the case as to if he is presently drawing a salary or not. It is an interesting point that you have raised. Trying to read into ELC's is daunting.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Dave Drinkell said in an interview on the radio last night that Bode Wilde is not on his way to Saginaw. He said he didn't know where OHL Insider got his information. However he said that is in contact with the Islanders nearly every day. They're saving a roster spot for him just in case the Islanders do decide to send him here. They have until the middle of February to decide.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
i did ....lol

whispers of Suzuki on the move for months, and no team wanted a centre more than Saginaw. The frame work of a deal may have been discussed at the time of Porco trade. It’s still a surprise to me despite the rumours (I did not want to believe?). Great deal for both teams, imo.

Reactions: Saggy

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Don't understand if Bode isn't coming back why not add a D. Or another F, Suzuki was a good pick up but not enough IMO. IF we keep improving who knows what will happen, l hope DD has a plan. Wilde at best maybe a slim chance that he comes.
Tonight will tell where we are in comparison to the best in the west. London will be one of those teams.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Dave Drinkell said in an interview on the radio last night that Bode Wilde is not on his way to Saginaw. He said he didn't know where OHL Insider got his information. However he said that is in contact with the Islanders nearly every day. They're saving a roster spot for him just in case the Islanders do decide to send him here. They have until the middle of February to decide.

I'm not a fan of insiders tact but he's accurate. Has been correct in Phillips return, Mysak and Chromiak coming over.

Even if Drinkell knows Bode is coming back, he won't say that until the Islanders announce it first. So I'm not surprised he's not confirming the report.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I agree Fin, I would have liked to seen us pick up another D. With two D out, we are down to 5 counting Busdeker. That kid is special as playing D is sacrificing his future possibilities at forward, but it may just point out to some pro club just how valuable he is. Added to that we have 8 games left in January before our other two most likely return.

Reactions: Finster8

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

I find it pretty funny that an OHL GM even acknowledged OHLInsiders

Reactions: StormWatcher

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Solid weekend. Down 3 defensemen and coming up with 2 wins against really good clubs. Good to see. Those points are going to be every better to have once we get a full blue line back.

And that first line is already cooking with no real time together. Coskey with 5 goals in the two games since the deadline. Two of the smartest/best playmakers will be able to feed him all day now.

Reactions: Finster8

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Good effort from the Spirit in the Soo. Overmatched a bit 5 on 5, but Lennox stood tall and was a difference maker. Good special teams play and help from the guys in black and white made the difference in the game.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Good effort from the Spirit in the Soo. Overmatched a bit 5 on 5, but Lennox stood tall and was a difference maker. Good special teams play and help from the guys in black and white made the difference in the game.

Dude, go away. Always with excuses and stat bending with you. You're still gonna be the guy that wished Branch would die because your team was getting throttled by a better team.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Dude, go away. Always with excuses and stat bending with you. You're still gonna be the guy that wished Branch would die because your team was getting throttled by a better team.
He’s completely right though. If they had Matt Murray in net and Greyhound’s didn’t have to serve penalties they’d totally be in 1st place instead of out of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad