Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
:help: Knights Fan here.........GO SAGINAW GO......... :help:

I mean if we win we're four points out of London with two games against them yet or Soo wins and comes with 2 points of you guys. Either way someone is getting closer to catching you tonight, but thanks for the support I guess.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I mean if we win we're four points out of London with two games against them yet or Soo wins and comes with 2 points of you guys. Either way someone is getting closer to catching you tonight, but thanks for the support I guess.

Point taken but the Soo has owned our a** for quite some time now. However the way we are playing lately who hasn’t?

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Huge win for the Spirit 5-3 over the Soo. It looks like they've figured out how to play without Coskey in the lineup.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Saginaw has a very tenacious hockey team over there, if they can play the way they handled the hounds last night I see no problem why they couldn't take over the conference lead.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti is the rookie of the month in the OHL. His rookie leading 30G + 33A is very impressive and has been rewarded by playing with McLeod and Tippett on the top line. Since Coskey's injury the team has stepped up its game and with SSM losing, a victory tonight and a 2 pt lead. With 8 games remaining we play London 2, SSM 2, Guelph 1 so we control our own destiny all 5 of those games are huge and a terrific way to be ready for the playoffs. Sure hope Coskey can be ready for round 2 or earlier would be best. One game at a time Kingston in town lets get 2 pts and then the Petes on Sunday.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Another successful weekend for the Spirit, outscoring Kingston and Peterborough 15-1. This team is running on all cylinders even with a couple of young guys filling in for injured players.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Another successful weekend for the Spirit, outscoring Kingston and Peterborough 15-1. This team is running on all cylinders even with a couple of young guys filling in for injured players.

Murray got into a fight on Sunday and I believe there was no instigator so he will have to sit one game now. Hopefully Davis is ready to go for Friday against Guelph. Last stretch of games are brutal but does give us the opportunity to possibly challenge for the 1 seed in the West.

Guelph
London
Sarnina
Soo
London
Soo

Certainly going to be battle tested heading into the playoffs that's for sure.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Murray got into a fight on Sunday and I believe there was no instigator so he will have to sit one game now. Hopefully Davis is ready to go for Friday against Guelph. Last stretch of games are brutal but does give us the opportunity to possibly challenge for the 1 seed in the West.

Guelph
London
Sarnina
Soo
London
Soo

Certainly going to be battle tested heading into the playoffs that's for sure.

I'm sure Saginaw is going to try to petition the fight last night to an instigator against Petersbourgh. It was the weirdest thing I've seen at a game in a while. Saginaw just went up 2-0. Next faceoff dude just skates up and grabs Murray. Not like to fight. Just skated over and grabbed his jersey. Murray even looked at the ref and linesman like wtf is going on before they dropped the gloves.

Best part of the game last night was Fraser versus Porco. With 2 minutes left in the game they were going at it and went hard in the boards. They got up and Fraser clearly was trying to go with Porco. Porco lifted his stick up pointing at the scoreboard and laughed at him. The spirit bench closest to the Petersbough bench Ric Flair wooied at Fraser as he went off. Grade A stuff. Funny to see someone try to be a tough guy with 2 minutes left in a 8-0 waxing.

Zoodoggie

Dec 27, 2014
Huge win for the Spirit 5-3 over the Soo. It looks like they've figured out how to play without Coskey in the lineup.
Congrats.....im a Soo fan....was at the game......for the most part the spirit gave us a butt whipping....it was a 5 to 1 game......our last two goals an afterthought...... we haven't been playing well for a little while now that doesn't make any difference you guys look bigger faster stronger............ we can play better than we did but came away real impressed with the spirit..... your team looks pretty well-built for the playoffs

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I'm sure Saginaw is going to try to petition the fight last night to an instigator against Petersbourgh. It was the weirdest thing I've seen at a game in a while. Saginaw just went up 2-0. Next faceoff dude just skates up and grabs Murray. Not like to fight. Just skated over and grabbed his jersey. Murray even looked at the ref and linesman like wtf is going on before they dropped the gloves.

Best part of the game last night was Fraser versus Porco. With 2 minutes left in the game they were going at it and went hard in the boards. They got up and Fraser clearly was trying to go with Porco. Porco lifted his stick up pointing at the scoreboard and laughed at him. The spirit bench closest to the Petersbough bench Ric Flair wooied at Fraser as he went off. Grade A stuff. Funny to see someone try to be a tough guy with 2 minutes left in a 8-0 waxing.

If Murray is gone and Davis or Webb will have to step up like they have all year. Everett is not looking good for a return anytime soon. Who else can we call up? Possibilities?
Millman-Wilde
OGrady-Lemieux
Murray?/Webb,Davis?
I am not sure the extent of the Webb and Davis injuries.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Webb was supposedly out for precautionary reasons this weekend. Not sure long term. Davis and Coskey were both at the game sunday for the billet night. Davis was walking fine so I assume if its an ACL as mentioned above its relatively minor and not a full tear. Cole looked great considering his injuries (at least from the stands didnt see him up close). Hope his recovery is going well.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
I heard from a reliable source that the earliest Coskey will be back is the second round of the playoffs.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I heard from a reliable source that the earliest Coskey will be back is the second round of the playoffs.
If he is back for the 2nd Rd that I believe is realistic. It comes down to doctors clearance and how he is healing and someone on our thread that can update us if he or she chooses? Speedy recovery Cole team will need you for a playoff run.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
If he is back for the 2nd Rd that I believe is realistic. It comes down to doctors clearance and how he is healing and someone on our thread that can update us if he or she chooses? Speedy recovery Cole team will need you for a playoff run.
Coskey wires will be removed in 4 more weeks
Looks like let 2nd round of playoffs or 3rd round for sure, hope the boys can get us there

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Webb was supposedly out for precautionary reasons this weekend. Not sure long term. Davis and Coskey were both at the game sunday for the billet night. Davis was walking fine so I assume if its an ACL as mentioned above its relatively minor and not a full tear. Cole looked great considering his injuries (at least from the stands didnt see him up close). Hope his recovery is going well.

Murray is OK for next game. Somehow one of his previous fights status changed and only had two fights, so now he has 3 and has to be careful not to fight. Just to important to the team. With possibly only 5D unless Webb or Davis are ready to go. Is Katic ready for playoffs?
I think someone else might have mentioned, how does the fight rule work in the playoffs? Is the slate wiped clean or does it carry on from the regular season? Have a feeling the Sarnia game could get ugly. Love those kind of games just don't want anyone to get hurt on either team. Rather see them drop the gloves than go head hunting or intentionally try to injure. They really have to look at these injuries suffered from repeat offenders, 1st timers stringent measures will have to be implemented to make any offender responsible for their own actions.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Another quality win on the road last night. Gets us some more space between us and the Soo and keeps us within striking distance of London. Tonight should be a great one. Gonna have Joey on the radio and the basketball game on the TV. Hopefully neither team in green fairs well.

Also props to guys like Cardwell and Baber stepping up lately with all these injuries. I told you guys back in February to watch for Baber. He got 14 pts in his last 15 games. He's getting that cofiencde to go with his solid two way game. Hope NHL scouts are taking notice.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Knights fan here, good luck today boys I sure hope Guelph beat ya up a bit. I think with our schedule left this is almost a MUST win for both teams if they have visions of first overall in the Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad