Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Cheap shot hit on Coskey in yesterday’s game
Resulted in broken jaw out for rest of season
Hopefully fast recovery back in time for playoffs

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Cheap shot hit on Coskey in yesterday’s game
Resulted in broken jaw out for rest of season
Hopefully fast recovery back in time for playoffs

Not good. Haven't seen a video of the hit, but safe to say Rees will be sitting a little while. Not sure what the current playoff matchups are, but a Saginaw-Sarnia series might get ugly.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well the team will have to step up and hope that Coskey is back for the playoffs if we win the first series maybe. Broken jaw is 6 to 8 weeks, playoffs a month or so away we need Cole back by round 2 if possible. Having such a solid year but this will happen to other teams better players this one stings.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Well the team will have to step up and hope that Coskey is back for the playoffs if we win the first series maybe. Broken jaw is 6 to 8 weeks, playoffs a month or so away we need Cole back by round 2 if possible. Having such a solid year but this will happen to other teams better players this one stings.

Yeah these guys just need to worry about getting healthy. We have good depth buts it's getting stretched thin with all these latest injuries. Just hold it together for a few more weeks and stay ahead of Guelph.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
With Coskey getting hurt McLeod needs a new winger. A quick adjustment not disturbing other lines would to put Michnac back with McLeod. Ideas?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
With Coskey getting hurt McLeod needs a new winger. A quick adjustment not disturbing other lines would to put Michnac back with McLeod. Ideas?

Probably put McLeod, Tippett and Perfetti together. Then do Giroux, Jenkins, Busdeker. I believe they played as a line for a bit last season and had some success. Then Michnac, Gilmour and Baber? Idk. Can/has he played wing?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Probably put McLeod, Tippett and Perfetti together. Then do Giroux, Jenkins, Busdeker. I believe they played as a line for a bit last season and had some success. Then Michnac, Gilmour and Baber? Idk. Can/has he played wing?

That would be an excellent line with a good a 2nd line. Forgot Porco would be 3rd line winger. 4th line Baber, Goldowski, Cardwell. Katic,Coskey injured forwards.
TheD is a mess with another injury. Lemieux will get some time, Everett might have to step in sooner than later. When is Davis back?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wont bring Coskey back, but I'm expecting a 10 game suspension. Wouldn't expect any less garbage from a Hatcher coached club.

Anyone in Saginaw for the Gens game? Wtf was that from Baber at the end? Face-off outside the zone with like 1.5 seconds left so neither team even lines up for the draw adn the ref just drops it to end the game and for some reason he flies in and goes at the net but the buzzer goes then he shoves Keyser and starts that whole scrum.

I know nothing about Baber so I'll have to ask you guys, is that who he is or was that just a momentary lapse in judgement?

Was interesting to see Greg Walters go at Lazary for Baber doing that after

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Anyone in Saginaw for the Gens game? Wtf was that from Baber at the end? Face-off outside the zone with like 1.5 seconds left so neither team even lines up for the draw adn the ref just drops it to end the game and for some reason he flies in and goes at the net but the buzzer goes then he shoves Keyser and starts that whole scrum.

I know nothing about Baber so I'll have to ask you guys, is that who he is or was that just a momentary lapse in judgement?

Was interesting to see Greg Walters go at Lazary for Baber doing that after

Looked like Keyser shoved Baber not the other way around. Puck dropped and Baber took the puck towards the net and got a two hand shove from Keyser which sparked the ruckus. Saginaw media interviewed Lazary and he said he was going after Walters because Walters said something inappropiate to a Saginaw player.

Edit: I should clarify and say this it what is looked like from my view (Across from Saginaw bench on blue line). Havent seen the replay.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Looked like Keyser shoved Baber not the other way around. Puck dropped and Baber took the puck towards the net and got a two hand shove from Keyser which sparked the ruckus. Saginaw media interviewed Lazary and he said he was going after Walters because Walters said something inappropiate to a Saginaw player.

Edit: I should clarify and say this it what is looked like from my view (Across from Saginaw bench on blue line). Havent seen the replay.

Looked like Baber came in when the game was over and nobody even lined up and undercut Keyser so he pushed him then the whole thing started. Not sure what Baber was doing there, unless that's the type of player he is just to try to stir stuff up. Again, I don't know anything about him

You don't get a great view of it here, but the SAG commentators give the play by play and say Baber undercutting him and then Keyser yelled at him. You can see Blacker/MacLean put their arms up like what is this kid doing, then when he bumps Keyser they all go after him

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Wont bring Coskey back, but I'm expecting a 10 game suspension. Wouldn't expect any less garbage from a Hatcher coached club.
Could never stand Hatcher when he played and still can’t. Too bad about your players man.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Looked like Baber came in when the game was over and nobody even lined up and undercut Keyser so he pushed him then the whole thing started. Not sure what Baber was doing there, unless that's the type of player he is just to try to stir stuff up. Again, I don't know anything about him

You don't get a great view of it here, but the SAG commentators give the play by play and say Baber undercutting him and then Keyser yelled at him. You can see Blacker/MacLean put their arms up like what is this kid doing, then when he bumps Keyser they all go after him

The puck was on the ice and Baber was being a smart a** messing around dangling the puck around towards the net to wind out the clock, he never shot the puck at Keyser or anything malicious. Then he got shoved. He made no contact with Keyser until Keyser shoved him. Then he got jumped by the Gens players in the corner. Baber is a 4th liner with concussion issues, not a guy going out to start a brawl.

Needless to say that game got out of hand early. Refs were all over the place missing calls for both sides. Plus the added frustration of the Gens turning down 4-5 fights. Should make for a good game on Sunday.

Reactions: Finster8

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The puck was on the ice and Baber was being a smart a** messing around dangling the puck around towards the net to wind out the clock, he never shot the puck at Keyser or anything malicious. Then he got shoved. He made no contact with Keyser until Keyser shoved him. Then he got jumped by the Gens players in the corner. Baber is a 4th liner with concussion issues, not a guy going out to start a brawl.

Needless to say that game got out of hand early. Refs were all over the place missing calls for both sides. Plus the added frustration of the Gens turning down 4-5 fights. Should make for a good game on Sunday.

Spirit commentators sure make it sound like Baber made contact with Keyser and that's how it all started. But mute point now. Coskey not playing Sunday might make the game less rough, he seemed to have a problem with just about every Gens player in the 3rd period of that game.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Ref and Timekeeper really blew that one. Ref drops the puck but the timekeeper doesnt start the clock. Watch the replay. There is still time on the clock, Baber has every right to continue playing until the whistle.

Reactions: bcspragu

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Spirit commentators sure make it sound like Baber made contact with Keyser and that's how it all started. But mute point now. Coskey not playing Sunday might make the game less rough, he seemed to have a problem with just about every Gens player in the 3rd period of that game.

Murray was the one with the real burr in his saddle so you might not get away to lightly lol. I don't follow much of the east so not sure what his history is with some Oshawa guys but he was jawing and shaking his gloves at least twice asking guys to go and both skated away. At the end when they both got tossed I thought he and Bollers were gonna go. Bollers is a good kid and a favorite of mine from his time in Saginaw, but that would have been ugly.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ref and Timekeeper really blew that one. Ref drops the puck but the timekeeper doesnt start the clock. Watch the replay. There is still time on the clock, Baber has every right to continue playing until the whistle.

Agree to disagree. I agree with bcspragu on that one, Baber is just being an instigator by doing that. Clearly the ref is saying okay this game is over by not even having them lineup and dropping it because it's 1 second left. It's like in the NBA when the game is clearly over so you just dribble the ball out for the remaining time. But from time to time you'll see a guy try to score in that span and the other team usually gets mad at him for stat padding. The hockey equivalent is what happened here ()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->