Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Hope the lines stay as much as the same as they can. Chemistry was beginning to show.

Perfetti - Gilmour - Tippett
Michnac - McCleod - Porco
Busdeker - Jenkins - Giroux
Cardwell - Baber - Goldowski

Murray - Webb
Wilde - O'Grady
Millman - Lemieux

Reactions: Finster8

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
@Terry_Doyle
Sarnia Sting forward, and 2019 NHL Draft prospect, Jamieson Rees has been suspended indefinitely for blindside hit major penalty Monday vs. Saginaw. #OHL

Never really understood the whole indefinite suspension. Pick a number and move on. Unless they bring the kid to the league office to explain in person or something based on length.

My guess is they put him out for 7 games min to avoid the Saginaw rematch on March 12th

Reactions: three dog night

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
To knock out a teams best player at this time of the year on a cowardly blindsided hit should put Rees out as long as the player he injured. This hit changes the tempo of the whole playoff picture for Saginaw. How would Sudbury do without their goalie or Ottawa with Felhaber it is hockey and to lose the leading scorer is not the guy you want to lose.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
To knock out a teams best player at this time of the year on a cowardly blindsided hit should put Rees out as long as the player he injured. This hit changes the tempo of the whole playoff picture for Saginaw. How would Sudbury do without their goalie or Ottawa with Felhaber it is hockey and to lose the leading scorer is not the guy you want to lose.
I completely disagree with that thinking even though that seems to be the norm. It shouldn't matter who the player is or how long he's out. The suspension should be based on the act. If you were to completely smoke a 6ft5 bottom pair D type by boarding him and he just gets up and whoops you, there should still be a lengthy suspension. Also if you just catch a smaller 1st line star type who's prone to injury just a little bit off and he's hurt, I think the suspension should still just be based on how bad the play was. In this case it sure does look like Rees was specifically targeting Coskey though and it was bad. I think he deserves a lengthy stint and would be surprised if he didn't get it.

Reactions: OttersFan

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I completely disagree with that thinking even though that seems to be the norm. It shouldn't matter who the player is or how long he's out. The suspension should be based on the act. If you were to completely smoke a 6ft5 bottom pair D type by boarding him and he just gets up and whoops you, there should still be a lengthy suspension. Also if you just catch a smaller 1st line star type who's prone to injury just a little bit off and he's hurt, I think the suspension should still just be based on how bad the play was. In this case it sure does look like Rees was specifically targeting Coskey though and it was bad. I think he deserves a lengthy stint and would be surprised if he didn't get it.

I agree, l believe the punishment should fit the crime in all situations. I am pissed losing our top scorer in a year where we have a good team and you would be too if the tables were turned and you had Dellandrea out for the year for your playoff run.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
That hit was one of the cheapest shots I have seen in a long time. The kid loaded himself and launched himself into Cole well after the shot. It was premeditated and the kid should get a lengthy suspension into next year. I will tell you I would pay good money to see Cole on the ice the first time he plays against that punk. It wont be pretty!!!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Is Cole done for the season? I thought someone posted week to week. That's a tough one.
Someone from Coskey's inner circle mentioned his jaw was broken. That is 6 to 8 weeks plus getting back to top form takes awhile. Davies broke his jaw 16-17 season was minimum 8 weeks. He was hit by a Hronek slapshot and had plates in his jaw. Lets hope Cole's injury isn't as severe and is a quick healer. Page 28 #676 Saginaw 2019.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Hope the lines stay as much as the same as they can. Chemistry was beginning to show.

Perfetti - Gilmour - Tippett
Michnac - McCleod - Porco
Busdeker - Jenkins - Giroux
Cardwell - Baber - Goldowski

Murray - Webb
Wilde - O'Grady
Millman - Lemieux

Well I was wrong with hoping to stay with similar lines, but I'm happy with result.

Good job Perfetti! What a future this young man has. Nice to watch for the next few years!!

What a goal by Tippett!! We will see that on a highlight reel for awhile!!

I'm also impressed with Webb and Murray on defence. They don't get near enough credit for what they do. Job well done!

Wilde and Millaman both scare the hell out of me with some of there passes and moves, but they seem to be getting it done.

Let's give a shout out to Busdeker and Gilmour. Both these guys have been playing well lately and will be much needed in playoff time to continue. Nice to see.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Someone from Coskey's inner circle mentioned his jaw was broken. That is 6 to 8 weeks plus getting back to top form takes awhile. Davies broke his jaw 16-17 season was minimum 8 weeks. He was hit by a Hronek slapshot and had plates in his jaw. Lets hope Cole's injury isn't as severe and is a quick healer. Page 28 #676 Saginaw 2019.
Coskey broken jaw 6 screws 2 plates 3 teeth split in half, from what I hear he is gunning to be back for last game against sarnia

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Coskey broken jaw 6 screws 2 plates 3 teeth split in half, from what I hear he is gunning to be back for last game against sarnia

20 days from now till then. That would be a remarkable turnaround if he is able to make it back with those injuries. I'm sure a full cage would be involved but still damn impressive. Tough kid.

Reactions: Tarantula

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
SSM lost last night gives us a chance to get within 2 pts. With 11 games left we play SSM 3, London 2, Oshawa 1 and Guelph 1. So not an easy end to the season but it will be very competitive right to the last game.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Perfetti added goals 28 and 29 last night to officially break Jan Mursak's Spirit rookie goal scoring record. Congratulations to Cole! He's just getting better and better and the season goes along.

Reactions: dirty12

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I sat with a good friend of mine and watched him in the mini camp, and said to him its a shame that this kid will never come here...well how fortunate are we!!!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well that was one win for the books. Perfetti with his 30th goal of the season being the winning goal in OT. Saginaw 5-4 over Oshawa as they lost a 3 goal lead going into the third period.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I sat with a good friend of mine and watched him in the mini camp, and said to him its a shame that this kid will never come here...well how fortunate are we!!!

9 games remaining so he can max out at 63 games played. He needs only 2 more points to secure a better than PPG season. To put that into perspective, since the 2010/11 season, here is the list of 15/16 year old rookies to average better than PPG:

-Alex Galchenyuk in 10/11. 83 pts in 68 GP
-Connor McDavid in 12/13. 66 pts in 63 GP
-Travis Konecny in 13/14. 70 pts in 63 GP

That's a very short and very talented list. Byfield and Perrault both have a shot at doing the same this season which also speaks to how deep this latest crop of players are.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
9 games remaining so he can max out at 63 games played. He needs only 2 more points to secure a better than PPG season. To put that into perspective, since the 2010/11 season, here is the list of 15/16 year old rookies to average better than PPG:

-Alex Galchenyuk in 10/11. 83 pts in 68 GP
-Connor McDavid in 12/13. 66 pts in 63 GP
-Travis Konecny in 13/14. 70 pts in 63 GP

That's a very short and very talented list. Byfield and Perrault both have a shot at doing the same this season which also speaks to how deep this latest crop of players are.
On the other side of that coin, those guys go to the NHL at 18... you get 2 years of them.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
On the other side of that coin, those guys go to the NHL at 18... you get 2 years of them.

That depends. McDavid went right away but Galchenyuk played additional seasons after his draft year and Konecny played his D+1 season as well. Likely have him for 2 more seasons after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->