Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPFox

Nov 21, 2014
His actions in the last 15 seconds of the 3rd were truly classless

You are right. For a while there he looked like he was a London Knight. There is no excuse for that and it was just shameful. PS: To be honest, I was laughing my ass off watching it on TV. He was just Ivan being Ivan. I've never seen a guy who is more loose and having more fun playing the game. It's a quick reminder that it is a game and it's supposed to be fun. I do wonder how the London fans would have reacted if this game was a shut out. Anytime Ivan gets a shut out he pulls the goal down as if to say "this goal is closed for the night".

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
At this point when name calling and some fans like their point of view over others it doesn't matter. To much hockey to play and as we know anything can happen in any game. London plays us 1 more time and if they beat us it will be because that was two evenly matched teams for the most part and the best team won that night. Every team has a mouth piece or 10. Saginaw is getting used to being a contender and London is always in the mix. If we lose in the first round that's hockey. But let it go, next game is what matters.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
And it's not like I haven't called them out for doing it then either... as a matter of fact the last time these two teams played I was all over Lochead for his antics... so what's your
point?
All teams have that guy. Domi was a clown most nights for London but he backed it up with good play. Saginaw goalie plays fine. He backs up his antics. Windsor has had their share. I just chalk it up to they are kids thing.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
anyone have a video clip of the last 15 seconds to show us the goalie incident?

Listened on the radio and they describe him as distracting the fore checkers by waving his arms. Wich is totally different than running up the score with hotdog goals. Saginaw was doing the exact opposite. Trying to run the clock down to prevent injuries or BS. Would enjoy seeing what happened with my own eyes.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Right or wrong, Douchebag or not, complaints from Knights fans are not going to engender much empathy from other fans around the league.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
All teams have that guy. Domi was a clown most nights for London but he backed it up with good play. Saginaw goalie plays fine. He backs up his antics. Windsor has had their share. I just chalk it up to they are kids thing.

Not sure if you actually saw what happened or not... this goes beyond the typical "yapping" that people like to complain about. The only Knight I can recall that behaved close to this in recent memory was Jordan Shine and I wasn't a fan of his antics either. The only visiting player I can recall acting close to this was Chanse Fitzpatrick from Sudbury in 2003.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Not sure if you actually saw what happened or not... this goes beyond the typical "yapping" that people like to complain about. The only Knight I can recall that behaved close to this in recent memory was Jordan Shine and I wasn't a fan of his antics either. The only visiting player I can recall acting close to this was Chanse Fitzpatrick from Sudbury in 2003.

Rent free

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Listened on the radio and they describe him as distracting the fore checkers by waving his arms. Wich is totally different than running up the score with hotdog goals. Saginaw was doing the exact opposite. Trying to run the clock down to prevent injuries or BS. Would enjoy seeing what happened with my own eyes.
Except there was nobody around him....

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Its unsportsmanlike... and it's being painted as some sort of clock killing technique... which it wasn't
Well as someone with zero skin in the game either way I think it was worthy of the Ice Follies and antics like that have no place in our game. Noting against your team which I rather like but Prosvetov had played so well and then at least for me made himself look bad for reasons only he knows.
Anyway, I’m glad our Euro is a humble gentleman, that’s much more worthy of respect and to be honest, even as a die hard fan I wouldn’t excuse the behaviour if it was a Ukko. Oh well moving on, not the end of the world but strange. Never seen that in over forty years of watching hockey.

Last edited:

BPFox

Nov 21, 2014
If having fun is un-sportsman like, then I guess that makes me un-sportsman like too. I thing this was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. You don't know, maybe one of the London players wanted to fight and asked him if he wanted to dance. Maybe Ivan's english isn't so good, or maybe he didn't know that "dance" meant fight and he took the request literally and began to dance. All I know is, I'm still laughing.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Well as someone with zero skin in the game either way I think it was worthy of the Ice Follies and antics like that have no place in our game. Noting against your team which I rather like but Prosvetov had played so well and then at least for me made himself look bad for reasons only he knows.
Anyway, I’m glad our Euro is a humble gentleman, that’s much more worthy of respect and to be honest, even as a die hard fan I wouldn’t excuse the behaviour if it was a Ukko. Oh well moving on, not the end of the world but strange. Never seen that in over forty years of watching hockey.
UPL is a class act all around wish the Wolves played in london more often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad