Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagspirit

Nov 18, 2018
Making this very clear, me and my wife have been season ticket holders since year one. This organization is shady believe me. Things going on behind closed doors and things they are not making public. If you are interested in hearing more as I do not want to spam the page feel free to message me on Instagram Saginaw_Hockey_89 . I will explain why I wish to remain anonymous because of my position but I want it to be known.

Reactions: John789

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
As of noon today, this is what I have heard of potential players that Saginaw are interested in. Take it for what you want, but not a bad source.

Hamilton – Saigeon, Mattinen
Kingston – Neumann , Brahaney
OS – Suzuki , Phillips
Kitchener – Garreffa, Damiani

Now hearing its Suzuki and Phillips!

Not sure who DD would send or how many picks.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
If a deal is made with Owen Sound, I would hope it may look like this;

To Saginaw; 99/C/RW - Suzuki + 99/LD - Phillips
To Attack; 01/LW - Porco + 01/LD - Millman + OS 2'nd/19 + SBY 2'nd/20 + SBY 2'nd/21 + SAR 3'rd/19 + SAR 3'rd/20

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
If a deal is made with Owen Sound, I would hope it may look like this;

To Saginaw; 99/C/RW - Suzuki + 99/LD - Phillips
To Attack; 01/LW - Porco + 01/LD - Millman + OS 2'nd/19 + SBY 2'nd/20 + SBY 2'nd/21 + SAR 3'rd/19 + SAR 3'rd/20

If they give up Porco and Millman, they've screwed up.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
King; Don't tell me you are like the London posters. You want OS to take back; Busdeker, Katic and two guys playing Jr.B right? lol

Reactions: madmarce

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
If they give up Porco and Millman, they've screwed up.

Agreed Pin ,no way I make that move. Both of our players have too much upside.

Early on, I thought this team as presently set up could make a go this year, of course that was figuring Mids into the equation. However, there are a solid few on this club not living up to expectations, so I don't feel a run at this time is doable. Last night as an example.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
King; Don't tell me you are like the London posters. You want OS to take back; Busdeker, Katic and two guys playing Jr.B right? lol

1) Why do you hate the proper use of semicolons?

2) Take back what? The deal? It hasn't actually happened. This is all hypothetical bs that people are spewing because they're either impatient or trying to appear more important than they actually are.

3) The only time I've referenced a theoretical deal for Suzuki and Phillips didn't involve anybody playing junior B at the moment, included more bodies and picks, and i said it wouldn't happen anyway.

Reactions: nelli27

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Trade all 99's who are not in the plans. Busdeker, Gilmour, Coskey, Davis, Webb trade Coskey 2-2nds 2-3rds plus conditional pick if he plays OA. Do the same with Gilmour and get Dellandrea and Gordeev. Get Makismovich as an OA 2-2nds + 1-3rd.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Wilde signs his ELC with the Islanders. Congrats to Bode.
Congrats to bode , this pretty much means this is his last year along with coskey ,the goalie , michnac,and you will have to dump 2 more 99
I think dd should load up , this could be this years only chance to go deep in playoffs

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Congrats to bode , this pretty much means this is his last year along with coskey ,the goalie , michnac,and you will have to dump 2 more 99
I think dd should load up , this could be this years only chance to go deep in playoffs

I'd probably put it at 60/40 he's back in the OHL next season. The transition from junior to AHL is not a kind one even to players that have strong skill sets because a weakness or two will be exploited real quick. He's showing that he indeed has the offense down, it will just be a matter of him making sure he's sound defensively. That's easier to work on in junior.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Bode will need to learn how to play defense first. All that offensive mumbo jumbo will go nowhere at the next level.

As far as TRADES... call off the silly dogs...the party is over, unless you really want to be stupid!

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Blade will need to learn how to play defense first. All that offensive mumbo jumbo will go nowhere at the next level.

As far as TRADES... call off the silly dogs...the party is over, unless you really want to be stupid!

Lol. What? All the big names have gone east so far. The game plan hasn't changed yet.

Let's get stupid.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
OMG I meant Bode... I'm an old man ! These new names, well...

As far as stupid, we can't win as present a 7 game series against the Soo, never mind London.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
USA announcing their training camp roster for the World's tonight on the NHL network. Are we expecting anyone from Saginaw?

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
OS Attack fan here; Wondering what the Spirit fans would think of this trade proposal if the Spirit decide to go all in and "go for it"? IMO, the West looks like a 3 horse race (London-Saginaw-Guelph). I think the Soo is also a strong team but they may be sellers.

To Saginaw; 99/C/RW - Suzuki + 01/C - Russell + 99/RW - Robinson + 99/LD - Phillips

*Suzuki - Elite player that should be on Team Canada Jr's, can change the outcome of a game alone.
*Russell - Young 1'st rounder that may flourish with an open ice, free wheeling style like Saginaw plays.
*Robinson - Veteran forward that is responsible in both ends of the ice and also a MI born kid.
*Phillips - Team Canada Jr team invite, top end talent, OS all around best Dman, with high potential of an OA season.

To Owen Sound; 01/LW - Porco + 01/C - Prueter + 01/LD - Millman + OS 2'nd/19 + BAR 2'nd/20 + BAR 2'nd/21 + SAR 3'rd/19 + PTB 3'rd/20

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
USA announcing their training camp roster for the World's tonight on the NHL network. Are we expecting anyone from Saginaw?

-Coskey is a low possibility but I've heard his name tossed around.

-Blade is a long shot. Maybe next year.

-Bode deserves to go but USA hockey tends to be petty af when it comes to choosing CHL over NCAA so I'd guess he gets snubbed until next year.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
I think Coskey will go. I heard Bode's issue has nothing to do with where he is playing but from his time at NTDP. Who knows. All politics

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
OS Attack fan here; Wondering what the Spirit fans would think of this trade proposal if the Spirit decide to go all in and "go for it"? IMO, the West looks like a 3 horse race (London-Saginaw-Guelph). I think the Soo is also a strong team but they may be sellers.

To Saginaw; 99/C/RW - Suzuki + 01/C - Russell + 99/RW - Robinson + 99/LD - Phillips

*Suzuki - Elite player that should be on Team Canada Jr's, can change the outcome of a game alone.
*Russell - Young 1'st rounder that may flourish with an open ice, free wheeling style like Saginaw plays.
*Robinson - Veteran forward that is responsible in both ends of the ice and also a MI born kid.
*Phillips - Team Canada Jr team invite, top end talent, OS all around best Dman, with high potential of an OA season.

To Owen Sound; 01/LW - Porco + 01/C - Prueter + 01/LD - Millman + OS 2'nd/19 + BAR 2'nd/20 + BAR 2'nd/21 + SAR 3'rd/19 + PTB 3'rd/20

We don't have to, nor should we, be giving up Porco or Millman to add players. That's kind of why I don't think we're gonna add a Suzuki or Vilardi or Frost etc.

I think it's going to be a move a tier below those kinds of players.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
-Coskey is a low possibility but I've heard his name tossed around.

-Blade is a long shot. Maybe next year.

-Bode deserves to go but USA hockey tends to be petty af when it comes to choosing CHL over NCAA so I'd guess he gets snubbed until next year.
Coskey and Jenkins won't get picked. I completely agree about USA Hockey being petty. It's dumb and often hurts their roster a bit too. They're usually good for a couple questionable selections anyway. Didn't they leave DeBrincat off the team in his 19yo season after having him there as an 18yo? I could see Bode being picked but it sounded like he may have burned that bridge with NTDP for now. I could see him rebuild that and develop to the point where they can't deny him but I don't think it'll be this year.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Bode will get picked. He has high end talent but I'm a bit worried about leaving USA hockey for OHL.

Coskey will not get picked. Any hockey guy can see how he plays. He has a NHL shot but that's it. He is terrible at defence and has double digits turnovers every game.

Jenkins will not get picked. He has fallen in the Saginaw curse. The development is not there and he is paying the price. He fits in with others like Felhaber and Maksimov. The 99's have suffered on this team for no development, cost them a potential career in hockey.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
We will see who is right. Its funny you say Coskey is a turnover machine but yet no mention of all the turnovers from Bode. No doubt he is a talent but we will see. I say Coskey will get an invite and that Bode will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad