Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
We should do a deal Frost and Howdeshell for Porco and Baber and picks. Brings our Soo boys home, and sends Howdeshell back home too.

Reactions: Finster8

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Jenkins will not get picked. He has fallen in the Saginaw curse. The development is not there and he is paying the price. He fits in with others like Felhaber and Maksimov. The 99's have suffered on this team for no development, cost them a potential career in hockey.

-Paying the price? He's on pace to increase his offensive output by about 30% this year. That's cursed?

-For every Felhaber and Maksimov there's a Shalla and a Locke. Players move all the time and sometimes a fresh start is what someone needs. That goes for every team, it's not just specific to us. That's just being dramatic.

-As for as the 99's go: Davis has developed into a good defenseman, enough so that he was invited to represent to OHL for a game at the Canada/Russia series. Coskey is leading the team in scoring and we are talking about him possibly being invited by team USA to the WJC. Webb seems to be a steady shut down guy like he should be. Gilmour has had to deal with injuries. That has hampered him a bit I'd hardly say he's "suffered"or that's it's "cost [him] a potential career". (Interesting choice of words btw).

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Bode will get picked. He has high end talent but I'm a bit worried about leaving USA hockey for OHL.

Coskey will not get picked. Any hockey guy can see how he plays. He has a NHL shot but that's it. He is terrible at defence and has double digits turnovers every game.

Jenkins will not get picked. He has fallen in the Saginaw curse. The development is not there and he is paying the price. He fits in with others like Felhaber and Maksimov. The 99's have suffered on this team for no development, cost them a potential career in hockey.

I guess that's why I don't scout.

Coskey made roster and no Wilde or Jenkins.

Congrats to Cole.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
I hope they know he brings his own puck! Baada Boom!
Coskey moves the puck more than anyone on Saginaw I think he should shoot more , he has about 30-40% less shots taken than the top scorers in the league has the most assists on the team , kid delivers the most hits on team most block shots on team , as far as turn overs maybe look at the play on when a bad pass is sent his way for no opertunity , by far the best 200’ player on Saginaw and has been for couple years , imagine if he received the free pass as these young kids of playing all the time , making mistakes with no price to pay , coskey played 4th line /3rd line his first 2 years no pp or pk because if your not a 1st round pick u get no love , we’ll he would of easily been a 1st round if every one didn’t think he was going to play for ndtp , point is , give the kid credit for 4 years with Saginaw/4 different coaches /2 gms and multiple owners

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Tonight will be a tough game in St Kitts. Win or lose why not try and improve the team. Start with getting a top OA Saigeon, Makismovich, Brazeau if any year their is a chance it is this year. Only if we get better do we have a chance to win the West Division. I see SSM selling and OS. The door is wide open.
If we are throwing the towel in with 40 games left then sell? DD has to do something even if it is trading for 00's or 01's and picks.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Cole Perfetti is ranked #5 in a rating of 16 year players in the CHL (sorry the link doesn't work when I try to add it to this post).

Reactions: dirty12

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Impressed with Wilde have to give Saginaw credit they kept coming back when the Ice Dogs went up five to two some teams give up but they made it interesting.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Impressed with Wilde have to give Saginaw credit they kept coming back when the Ice Dogs went up five to two some teams give up but they made it interesting.

Yeah, playing a top 2 team in the East like Niagara down to only 3 OHL caliber D, I am shocked Saginaw made it as close at it was. Maybe the team isn't as bad the the negative posters on here have made them out to be.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Last night if Saginaw had an OA like Saigeon gives them a better chance to win close games. No need to burn out our D either Gordeev would help move bodies from in front of the net. Plus if the Dogs don't have Robertson and Pacquette they would not be as dominating. Logic pick up some players to help the club every game counts.

Reactions: three dog night

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
I saw Coskey had a goal and 2 more assists...……..can we stop with the puck hog stuff from all of the so called experts

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Looks like we will be selling another rebuild when is Saginaw going to start buying and going for a cup

I don't see what the two have to do with each other. There could be an injury and we need a forward or DD could be rewarding him for his play and wants to see what he can do for a game or two. It doesn't preclude us from buying.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

What does this signify for your club?? Lateral move with a bit of getting better without spending a bunch of assets or buying??

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad