Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
These are the stats for players offered up for trade. Some are quite miserable. Since the only way to know how much ice time a player is getting I inserted Shots On Goal. Michnac leads with 72, followed by Coskey with 58.

Katic 21GP 1G 1A -6 +/- 23SOG
Stepien 15GP 1G 3A 0 +/- 12 SOG
Busdeker 22GP 6G 6A -4 +/- 57 SOG
Goldoski 21GP 3G 2A -4 +/- 46 SOG
Gilmour 24GP 6G 10A -2 +/- 40 SOG
Babar 15GP 1G 2A +3 +/- 12SOG

Interesting , looking at the whole team. The 2 players who have sat the most are in positive or neutral numbers. The top 6 are all in neg numbers and if you remove PP, omg you don't want to do that because this list has almost no PP time to make things fair.
Last years 4 th line was one of the best in the league for points .
Shots on goal do not dictate time played. Those that watch the games know who plays and who doesn't. I haven't seen a few games as I watch many teams but ice time is obvious. Bollers and Grondin played full seasons last year and not here this year?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Yes, very poor numbers I agree. The players are at fault a bit, but this organization is to blame for majority of it. I've said it before, this organization is more concerned with promotional stuff than getting these players developed whether it be by high end players or a coach.

This organization has hurt the potential careers of many players over the past five or 6 years! I feel bad for the kids, there is no development anymore here. Look at what happens when the players get traded over the past few years, they excel and will become pros.

I'm a Saginaw fan but I'm also human and feel bad to see these kids suffer and have suffered in the past!

Oh, but we have a Fan Boni!!!!!

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Reading through the posts some posters say they play the 4th line too much and that they should cut down to three lines more like other teams do, and then the last few posts indicate that the 4th line isn't getting enough ice. It can't be both.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Reading through the posts some posters say they play the 4th line too much and that they should cut down to three lines more like other teams do, and then the last few posts indicate that the 4th line isn't getting enough ice. It can't be both.

It's early March

Lazary stands at center ice to take the opening face off.

There is no one in net.

There are no defenseman behind him.

The bench is barren.

A single voice in the crowd says, "Yes. Finally."

Nobody gets ice time. The perfect solution.

Peace is restored

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
In relevant news: Saginaw signs prospect Ian Lemieux.

Most likely filling in until the blue line is healthy again then make his way back to the OJHL. Should make his bebut today.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
In relevant news: Saginaw signs prospect Ian Lemieux.

Most likely filling in until the blue line is healthy again then make his way back to the OJHL. Should make his bebut today.
Hope Lemieux plays well looks like DD thinks our D is sound. Sign someone who can improve your team. Oh ya, wait until the deadline, that old thinking gets you to the first round on good year in Saginaw.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Hope Lemieux plays well looks like DD thinks our D is sound. Sign someone who can improve your team. Oh ya, wait until the deadline, that old thinking gets you to the first round on good year in Saginaw.

No. He can still believe that high end guys need to be brought in. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN RIGHT NOW. It just means that he doesn't want to play a forward at defense while guys are out. This isn't Flint. We don't have to play a short bench every night.

Again the season is a marathon. The aim should be the division and that 2 seed. Yes, give Lazary/DD til the deadline to figure out who they want and where they want to add to. Crazy idea right?

Also like the balanced lines Lazary is running. Good mix of skill and grit, vets and young guys. Come late season that will pay off if they keep it up.

John789

Apr 1, 2018
See what happens when you get goaltending. Makes coach doing same things look like a genius

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Congrats to max groudin on his hat trick last night , once again when someone leaves Saginaw they start producing , Saginaw wins last night and only because of goalie stood on head which was awesome , we score a goal off another players foot , a tip in , and from perfetti who skates it by himself ,so once again not too much of offensive, this team has a years to go , let the oa, Gilmour/coskey /Wilde go because dd is not going to make any moves for Saginaw to make a run , go with the young guns and keep the development going year after year

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Congrats to max groudin on his hat trick last night , once again when someone leaves Saginaw they start producing , Saginaw wins last night and only because of goalie stood on head which was awesome , we score a goal off another players foot , a tip in , and from perfetti who skates it by himself ,so once again not too much of offensive, this team has a years to go , let the oa, Gilmour/coskey /Wilde go because dd is not going to make any moves for Saginaw to make a run , go with the young guns and keep the development going year after year

I mean those goals are a perfect example of guys playing to their strengths

-Giroux is a hard worker that takes every and any opportunity to pounce on a chance. The plays don't have to be pretty. That goal off someone's skate is as smart play as much as it is lucky, which is just when hard work meets opportunity.

-Goldowski is a big kid who should be using his size to his advantage as far as net front presence goes. That's what he did. Got position out front and got the deflection to go in.

-Perfetti has God given high hockey sense and skill. If he sees that window of opportunity to make that play, I'm trusting him to execute it.

Reactions: Finster8

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
I mean those goals are a perfect example of guys playing to their strengths

-Giroux is a hard worker that takes every and any opportunity to pounce on a chance. The plays don't have to be pretty. That goal off someone's skate is as smart play as much as it is lucky, which is just when hard work meets opportunity.

-Goldowski is a big kid who should be using his size to his advantage as far as net front presence goes. That's what he did. Got position out front and got the deflection to go in.

-Perfetti has God given high hockey sense and skill. If he sees that window of opportunity to make that play, I'm trusting him to execute it.
That’s great, if it’s there strengths then this team has no chance ever going far , because the odds on those plays are 1-10000, and just because u stand in front of net on your offense end , that also means you need to get back defensively and both cole p and golden can’t get back , so when you play the top team and the 1-10000 shot doesn’t work then they score on our end , perfect example last night out shot 3-1 , goalie stood on head , not going to happen every game , when’s the last time we seen 3 passes for a goal by all 3 forwards on same line, that’s skill and we don’t have it
Good win though

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
That’s great, if it’s there strengths then this team has no chance ever going far , because the odds on those plays are 1-10000, and just because u stand in front of net on your offense end , that also means you need to get back defensively and both cole p and golden can’t get back , so when you play the top team and the 1-10000 shot doesn’t work then they score on our end , perfect example last night out shot 3-1 , goalie stood on head , not going to happen every game , when’s the last time we seen 3 passes for a goal by all 3 forwards on same line, that’s skill and we don’t have it
Good win though

If you think Cole Perfetti is an issue on this team I cant take your hockey opinions seriously. He's one of the top 20 02's in the world at this point.

Seriously last week people on here were saying Saginaw couldn't hang with our junk goal-tending and should trade for a goalie. Prosvetov shuts them up with a 48 save shutout and him and Lennox both play extremely well keeping them in the other games and boom, got to find someone else to complain about.

Lazary has been coach for 3 games and we are 2-0-1. Give it a break.

Reactions: Finster8

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Good win though

There is just no pleasing you Saginaw 2019. The team just took 5 out of 6 points on the road.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
If you think Cole Perfetti is an issue on this team I cant take your hockey opinions seriously. He's one of the top 20 02's in the world at this point.

Seriously last week people on here were saying Saginaw couldn't hang with our junk goal-tending and should trade for a goalie. Prosvetov shuts them up with a 48 save shutout and him and Lennox both play extremely well keeping them in the other games and boom, got to find someone else to complain about.

Lazary has been coach for 3 games and we are 2-0-1. Give it a break.
C.P. May be too 20 in Canada , if you think he is top 20 in world , wow , you really have no clue on hockey , from all Europe teams just another hockey guy that has no clue

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti is 4th in the league in rookie scoring GP-20 G-11 A-5 Pt-16. Not bad, we will see how he does as the year progresses?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Good win though
Don't understand the negativity? As previously discussed we took 5 of 6 pts. No doubt their are improvements needed I have said to many times top 3 forward and top4 D, we are significantly better. Wait till the deadline or wait till the right deal to present itself? Either way try to get the right personnel? Should be fairly obvious by now as to what we need to make us better? Another month to figure out a power forward and top 4 D.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Mason Millman is tied for the rookie defenseman lead in the league with GP-25 G-1 A-11 Pts-12. If he can keep developing he should be drafted in 2019?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti at 14th right now, that will depend on his development, if he can be a 1st rder same as Porco this year that is why we need that top forward so the young guys have better match ups to develop. Plus learning from players with experience and leadership helps everyone. The you..ng guys watch like hawks.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Geez, go to the Pete's website and look at the 3 goals Grondin had...2 out of three were top notch! He looked like a power forward...hmmm!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Geez, go to the Pete's website and look at the 3 goals Grondin had...2 out of three were top notch! He looked like a power forward...hmmm!

I'm genuinely happy for him. A change of scenery and new opportunities that come with it can be very benificial for some players in some cases.

But if your excited ellipsis is implying that we royally screwed up on letting him go...I don't know about that. Hopefully he can consistently look like the power forward that we thought he could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad