GDT: Sabres vs. Bruins, 7:30 PM. TV: TNT or max

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Respect your opinion. But Agree to disagree.

GM KA is the issue. Botterill is the only one who got a job since leaving. (Assuming Adams won’t work in the NHL again). Botterill has had interviews for head jobs already.

He had his hands tied by Pegula (Skinner signing and Housley)
ROR deal looked better than initial with development of Tage being arguably the best player in the deal and RJ looking like a future top 4 defenseman.

Botterill's mismanagement of young players like Thompson and Mittelstadt who both should have been sent to Rochester nearly a season or more prior to their actual assignment. Botterill's constant inability to find depth pieces despite draining draft capital. Botterill's consistent loss of value in very nearly every trade he brokered. Then he brokers the second of two terrible HC's on his watch in Kreuger? He's been an AGM in Seattle which was the position he was supposedly good at in Pittsburgh. If teams are interviewing him, I'm sure stories that he was somehow not responsible for all the stupidity he perpetrated on the Sabres are going to flow from those who like him - Lebrun comes to mind, so too Dreger. It's like listening to Eich change his stories after he left to make him sound less like the entitled prick he is.

Thompson working out was a once in a lifetime save that still doesn't look good in retrospect with how Big Head handled Thompson's development.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Botterill's mismanagement of young players like Thompson and Mittelstadt who both should have been sent to Rochester nearly a season or more prior to their actual assignment. Botterill's constant inability to find depth pieces despite draining draft capital. Botterill's consistent loss of value in very nearly every trade he brokered. Then he brokers the second of two terrible HC's on his watch in Kreuger? He's been an AGM in Seattle which was the position he was supposedly good at in Pittsburgh. If teams are interviewing him, I'm sure stories that he was somehow not responsible for all the stupidity he perpetrated on the Sabres are going to flow from those who like him - Lebrun comes to mind, so too Dreger. It's like listening to Eich change his stories after he left to make him sound less like the entitled prick he is.

Thompson working out was a once in a lifetime save that still doesn't look good in retrospect with how Big Head handled Thompson's development.
The funny thing about Botts is didn't the NHL recommend him because the NHL was getting annoyed by the instability of management in Buffalo?

Reactions: SabresFan26

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

There isnt a love button, but Botts is far and away the worst we had.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site

Sure. Look at the all the depth Adams acquired. (Jost, Hino, Robinson, etc). No different then Remi Elie

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Ruff and Ted Nolan had less talented teams than this and made the playoffs
Yeah because goaltending. Something this organization made promises not to acquire so they wouldn’t block a child.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Amazing that a lot of this started with the infamous 7/1. Losing our two best players without acquiring any assets in return.

The loss started before then. LQ took Briere going to arbitration personally. LQ also liked to manage from a position of having a group of "his guys" as insiders and "the other guys" as outsiders - it was political factions all the time. His meltdown over Briere winning his arbitration award and then denying Regier the negotiating stance of being able to go above 3 years on a deal because he knew Danny would not take just three? Corrosive to the core of the team and Drury leaving was in part because of how he saw LQ treating Danny.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

hey just wanted to catch up on the score..... I'm guessing we all have the same expression as Jimbo

I don't f***ing care if members of the Bills come out to Sabre games. It isn't a perk in my book. It's just another reminder that the ownership is tied up in another team that can't get out of its own way.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
The loss started before then. LQ took Briere going to arbitration personally. LQ also liked to manage from a position of having a group of "his guys" as insiders and "the other guys" as outsiders - it was political factions all the time. His meltdown over Briere winning his arbitration award and then denying Regier the negotiating stance of being able to go above 3 years on a deal because he knew Danny would not take just three? Corrosive to the core of the team and Drury leaving was in part because of how he saw LQ treating Danny.
Now keeping LQ away from this organization is something we can agree on!

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Ruff and Ted Nolan had less talented teams than this and made the playoffs
I do not see , Brian spencer type effort , for one friggin period. No give everything until yiu die effort in front of home crowd w kids. I do not care if its rigged. Nobody should ever see you skate w a fuch it attitude which came bsck after only one or two minutes after johnson goal.
This has a vibe of factional blaming but who knows shake up the snow globe. F it. A week off terrible bounces and dying fighting effort from young millionaire debutants as peterka is going along unnoticed half the time like the rest.

I witnessed buffalo coming back from a greater deficit against the bruins. At best i see individual efforts. Power misses net wide open and its 4 2 and then waaagh. Oh well. I've been destroyed everyday in my prison zapped and abandoned and i still get up everyday . F them then i pity them as they will regret this.

Reactions: toddkaz

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2