GDT: Sabres vs. Bruins, 7:30 PM. TV: TNT or max

rogking65

May 13, 2016
Time to send Powers to AHL...between the blue lines he looks good carrying the puck, but in the defensive zone he cannot play defense and in the offensive zone he is either failing to keep the puck in or making a bad pass and turning it over And Cozens needs to give up shooting. He cannot hit the net. Quinn and Peterka are better playmakers. Cozens should just head for the crease when they gain the zone

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Also, Connor Clifton is a joke. Now I see why the Bruins let this guy go. It's the same mistakes with this guy over and over and over again. He sucks.
its almost like if good teams Col,Bos let a player go its usually because they aren't worth keeping around on winning teams anymore.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Time to send Powers to AHL...between the blue lines he looks good carrying the puck, but in the defensive zone he cannot play defense and in the offensive zone he is either failing to keep the puck in or making a bad pass and turning it over And Cozens needs to give up shooting. He cannot hit the net. Quinn and Peterka are better playmakers. Cozens should just head for the crease when they gain the zone
stopped reading here

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Mentioned it after the year-end press conferences - they needed to do a hard review of the assistants and look to improve. They ran it back like they so often do and now they've had the worst PP in the NHL for almost a calendar year despite the players they have on the ice. Its clear Ellis is all out of ideas and has tried nothing now for almost 12 months - it doesn't matter that he lives nearby or puts in hours at the job, he's not good at it.

I've not like Wolford at all for some time. I had hopes Girardi would be good now that he was back on staff full-time, but I don't see improvement from their defense - in fact I would say all of them have regressed who were here last year. So the new factor is... Girardi. Is there some clash of philosophy between how the two instruct or is it just that neither one is good at their job.

Christie... the review on that coaching app Sports Aux sums him up - taught nothing and took no responsibility.

But hey, he and Wolford and Granato were all buddies in Cincy so yay!
Nobody yelling and holding accountable just holding and protecting these young fragile egos. I bet the sabres wear helmets when on a bicycle

Thank you Adams and nhl edge zionist tracking for ruining a great sport

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Fire the coach and the GM too if you’re feeling spicy.

With Don and his entire staff it’s obvious at this point

With Kevyn, oh boy.

Signed 2 bad defenseman, 1 of them to a 3 year deal

No forward help

Relied on a 21 year old goalie breaking every goalie development path known to the sport of hockey

Brought back veteran forwards unnecessarily and didn’t try to upgrade (I guess Okposo is playing just fine now but whatever).

I’m not sure what you do. On any given night the guys paid the most money look like they haven’t picked up a stick in 15 years. It’s baffling how many off games they have collectively.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
stopped reading here
1703734566244.png

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The thing that really bothers me is how often they are totally unprepared to start games. They have to lead the league in goals surrendered in the first 5 minutes of games. Hell, most of the time they give it up in the first minute or 2 itself. Again today, GA less than 5 minutes in. When it happens over, and over, and over...it's coaching.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
As someone whose life changed forever while wearing and breaking a helmet while cycling, I don't think that's the insult you think it is.
i got clocked by truck window on milkersport by Ramada. Apologies.

How about the sabres are all required to wear their bubbles when venturing outside without their monarch handlers.

The thing that really bothers me is how often they are totally unprepared to start games. They have to lead the league in goals surrendered in the first 5 minutes of games. Hell, most of the time they give it up in the first minute or 2 itself. Again today, GA less than 5 minutes in. When it happens over, and over, and over...it's coaching.
Appear and seems. They are zapped and puck destryed. But its them that give up. Cant give up

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
One of the issues I think they have is that the coach is too soft on them. He's more concerned about being Mr Nice guy than an NHL coach. The players love it, obviously. They are never held accountable. It's why I think so many of them came to Donnie's defense after the Columbus massacre. They played good for literally 1 game and went back to their old habits. What they really need is some hard ass, crotchety son of a bitch who holds players accountable and can implement a system. The players will hate him, but IDGAF. Winning cures all.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
There isnt a love button, but Botts is far and away the worst we had.
Kevyn is rapidly converging onto Botterill's profile, and I don't think there's a person on planet Earth who hates botterill more than I do.

Both had all-time bag-fumbles that are by themselves worthy of firing in disgrace. Jason traded his 2C for a pile of things that had far less value at the time of the trade than the 2C did, and slow-played the replacement to a point where he was fired before anything resembling a 2C ever existed in the organization. his first attempt was a 13F/4LW, which he stuck with for a full season despite an epic collapse from first place in season. His second attempt was a 3LW, Marcus Johansson. a year and a half after that epic collapse, his last gasps at building a roster were adding Michael Frolik, the worst Sabre skater I've seen in person since the tank, and then trading Scandella for a 4th (who the next team flipped for a 2nd weeks later). This overarching fumble entails being the only team in first place at Halloween to ever miss the playoffs (they were in first place more than a month after, and missed by MORE THAN 20 POINTS!). I thought this pile of things (not to mention 500 others, including the inexplicable 6th round pick debacle) was impossible to overcome but Kevyn is making great strides.

Kevyn took a franchise that had spent 2 years painstakingly rebuilding good will with the community (to his credit, which is something Botts never accomplished), and was flush with more valuable tradeable assets than he knew what to do with, assets that have no prayer of ever making the team because of their sheer quantity, a 94 point team with obviously identifiable and easily improvable holes, and ran it all back, did nothing of consequence, and went on the radio right before we lost 5-1 to NYR to open the season and bragged about how he was able to unplug for a month in July and go on vacation. Then as a still-salvageable season circled the drain, he continued to do absolutely f***ing nothing. His goaltending management is as ludicrous and unbelievable as Botterill's center spine, arguably even more so.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Send him packing.

Team needs a shake up

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
But hey, he and Wolford and Granato were all buddies in Cincy so yay!
This is the problem I have. This organization is just too much of a fraternity. These coaches seem to have a special rapport going on, and Granato is just too close to them, loyal to a fault. A good coach brings in assistants that augment skills he does not have on staff.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Kevyn is rapidly converging onto Botterill's profile, and I don't think there's a person on planet Earth who hates botterill more than I do.

Both had all-time bag-fumbles that are by themselves worthy of firing in disgrace. Jason traded his 2C for a pile of things that had far less value at the time of the trade than the 2C did, and slow-played the replacement to a point where he was fired before anything resembling a 2C ever existed in the organization. his first attempt was a 13F/4LW, which he stuck with for a full season despite an epic collapse from first place in season. His second attempt was a 3LW, Marcus Johansson. a year and a half after that epic collapse, his last gasps at building a roster were adding Michael Frolik, the worst Sabre skater I've seen in person since the tank, and then trading Scandella for a 4th (who the next team flipped for a 2nd weeks later). This overarching fumble entails being the only team in first place at Halloween to ever miss the playoffs (they were in first place more than a month after, and missed by MORE THAN 20 POINTS!). I thought this pile of things (not to mention 500 others, including the inexplicable 6th round pick debacle) was impossible to overcome but Kevyn is making great strides.

Kevyn took a franchise that had spent 2 years painstakingly rebuilding good will with the community (to his credit, which is something Botts never accomplished), and was flush with more valuable tradeable assets than he knew what to do with, assets that have no prayer of ever making the team because of their sheer quantity, a 94 point team with obviously identifiable and easily improvable holes, and ran it all back, did nothing of consequence, and went on the radio right before we lost 5-1 to NYR to open the season and bragged about how he was able to unplug for a month in July and go on vacation. Then as a still-salvageable season circled the drain, he continued to do absolutely f***ing nothing. His goaltending management is as ludicrous and unbelievable as Botterill's center spine, arguably even more so.
Yes. Then destryed it all by locking up kids w too much weight and money. Mitts bridge earned it. Adams needs to be fired and sacrificed to save season. Thanks but c'mon.

If they don't die trying then Donny but nhl edge tracking is still active and I'm telling yiu it hard to overcome without removing parasites and taking droogs to slightly change frequency and get jump back. Yes it's risky.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I would also look at the players and start to apply boots to backsides.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Lance pushed on Donnie about the PP tonight. Called it predictable.

Granato said we need to "grind better". Come on Donnie.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This is the problem I have. This organization is just too much of a fraternity. These coaches seem to have a special rapport going on, and Granato is just too close to them, loyal to a fault. A good coach brings in assistants that augment skills he does not have on staff.
For some of the supposed data gurus they have on staff, and all the talk about looking at everything and evaluating how to improve, you'd think it would be pretty ****ing easy for them to go, "Hey, let's just scrap all our current powerplay systems." Just as a starting point. Try something new. But no, we can't expect them to try and fix something over the course of an entire calendar year, that's asking too much.

It's like the org./current regime saw where rock bottom was previously and dug another couple hundred feet below that to produce this season.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
It's just word salad at this point. He and his entire coaching staff are lost and have no idea how to fix this shit show.
I don’t think it’s word salad from Donnie at all. He’s an amazing developer of talent but is now getting crushed on the strategic part of the game because he didn’t surround himself with the right people. He didn’t / couldn’t develop himself as the coach because he made himself unequivocally the smartest person in the room.

I think hes backed himself into a corner because of his assistant coach selection.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4